THE Newcastle United FC thread

Discussion in 'World Sports' started by Stout, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

It was, yes.

So, yesterday, I thought we finally got some karmic justice. Lascelles had a horror tackle out of bounds that should have been red, but he only saw yellow. So I thought okay, we got a little back. Except later we had a brilliant goal called back for a ghost offsides. Effing refs, eh? At least we won, so no worries, but still.

And apparently Southampton just scored. Poop.

lorenzotexan likes this.
  2. Stout

Man, am I sick and effing tired of the big 6 bias. So Dummett breathes on Salah, and by gosh, it's a penalty, but Lindelof is allowed to simply push Atsu over not just without touching the ball, but by actively stepping AWAY from the ball, and the ref doesn't even give it a look. ********. Absolute ********.

Gutted for Dubravka, because he's been so brilliant for Newcastle, and barring his horrible spill, there wasn't anything in it for Man U. Of course, Newcastle should have been up 1-0 at that point, but...ah well.

3. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

you bring up a good point. I see the same with Spurs. It's been a while since they've gotten a penalty, but I go back to the Arsenal match at Emirates and Son got a cheap penalty. I think the FA have caught on to their diving because since then there have been borderline pens not given. I find it amusing going back to last year when spurs played Liverpool and Lamela got a Mo Salah/Kane-like penalty decision and Liverpool supporters were crying so loudly. When I was in Ipswich Town a few days ago their supporters were saying "if the England captain can dive and get a call why can't we"?

as for Newcastle was Shelvey not fit to start the match? he had a stunning pass that almost drove a goal home. then he had a classic shelvey strafe on Pogba's calf. if they are going to stay up they need him to play 90 mins every time.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  4. Stout

Last game he was just coming back from injury and got about 10 minutes, and this one got almost a half. My bet is he'll start, but probably wasn't ready for a full 90 this past game.

5. Stout

The FA Cup is such a nightmare for Newcastle. How bad is it that I kind of wish we HADN'T equalized to send it to Ewood Park for a replay?

lorenzotexan likes this.
  6. Stout

You know, I would have been super pissed if Shelvey got a retrospective ban for his horror challenge on Pogba. Yes, it was a red card offense, but I recall that bitch McManaman, I think his name was, opening up Haidara's knee in a Newcastle game a few years back. There was no FOUL given, let alone a card, and the ******** response from the FA was "can't give retrospective ban because the ref saw the incident already." Well, they couldn't possibly ban Shelvey for the exact same reason.

I mean, yeah, it's a dumb rule that needs changed, but it would have shown another big 6 double standard.

7. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

haha, well you never know with the FA cup. that could go two different ways.

8. Stout

Nice to notch a win (never mind the injuries and blowing a 2-goal lead), and for the youngsters to get a few goals.