The change in cut dates this year.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In case anyone was unaware of the change this year, there aren't two rounds of cuts. There's just one final cut down to the 53 man roster. 37 guys all getting cut notices on the same day. What does everyone think about this?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bet the main reason for this is so teams can play all the scrubs in the last preseason game and not have to risk any of there quality depth players to injury.

What will be interesting is to see how different teams FO's are set up to handle what will be a crazy feeding frenzy. I'm sure it will be somewhat similar to how they handle signing UDFA's as the draft ends. Some players will have to clear waivers but I'm not sure what the process is for the UDFA's that will be cut.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don't like it. the way it was before a player had a chance during pre season to catch on with another team that maybe had a better scheme for his skill set. with this system fewer players will get a chance to prove themselves with another team...not a fan....my guess is we will see guys getting signed/cut/new guy signed on into October now as they try to feel players out for the back of the roster

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson