The Bidwill Loyalty Problem

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
Nice to work for someone who is loyal. Except when it dooms your franchise and you repeat past mistakes.

Michael Bidwill has fallen into the same loyalty trap that his father did. Bill Bidwill Sr. was loyal when it came to keeping coaches, staff, etc..

Michael has fallen into the same predicament by keeping Keim. Our drafts have killed this team. Failed first round pick after failed first round pick. I held out hope that Robert Nkemdiche would turn it around. Lets face it. Not happening. Follow it up with first round pick Haason Reddick who appears to be less the capable of playing downhill or covering anyone. The list of bad drafts is long and no need to repeat what has already been discussed.

They had a legitimate chance to rid themselves of Keim but showed loyalty instead despite the trend of bad drafts followed by a second DUI. I am all for giving someone a second chance but where will it end?

Time to move on from Keim and revamp the scouting department. Just my opinion. Have at it.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did watch todays game? Diche made plays and was effective and Hump also played well.

Reddick appears to be a reach but it doesn't mean he won't develop.

Michael fired Whiz who was the HC who actually got the Cards to a SB. I just think your overall take is way off.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Did watch todays game? Diche made plays and was effective and Hump also played well.

Reddick appears to be a reach but it doesn't mean he won't develop.

Michael fired Whiz who was the HC who actually got the Cards to a SB. I just think your overall take is way off.

Agreed. Michael B has been great and is not afraid to hold people accountable. Nkemdiche shocked me today. He was playing with a motor for the first time. I am excited to see what he can do. Also excited to see our QBOTF at some point this year. There are problems, but Michael Bidwill is a very good CEO.

I don’t have much hope for Reddick though. I never understood that pick

OP
OP
Borderrat

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
Rosen hadn't played a snap. I hope he turns out to be a franchise QB. Did we have a defensive line today? Did Reddick play? Were our linebackers effective? Humphries played well.

Where are the rest of Kiems draft picks or free agents? Sorry but I don't see how I am way off

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Keim's record falls from being the 2nd best winning % in the NFL since he was hired and Michael doesn't fire him you may have a point. Please think about this for a moment and then tell me Michael is a problem.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice to work for someone who is loyal. Except when it dooms your franchise and you repeat past mistakes.

Michael Bidwill has fallen into the same loyalty trap that his father did. Bill Bidwill Sr. was loyal when it came to keeping coaches, staff, etc..

Michael has fallen into the same predicament by keeping Keim. Our drafts have killed this team. Failed first round pick after failed first round pick. I held out hope that Robert Nkemdiche would turn it around. Lets face it. Not happening. Follow it up with first round pick Haason Reddick who appears to be less the capable of playing downhill or covering anyone. The list of bad drafts is long and no need to repeat what has already been discussed.

They had a legitimate chance to rid themselves of Keim but showed loyalty instead despite the trend of bad drafts followed by a second DUI. I am all for giving someone a second chance but where will it end?

Time to move on from Keim and revamp the scouting department. Just my opinion. Have at it.

This is the type of stuff that kills me. SK has been the most successful GM in the history of this franchise pretty much.

Oh his first round draft picks sucks. Cooper was the right pick to make he was considered the safest pick in the draft he was the highest rated guard in the last 20 years.

So Cooper doesn't pan out but you know what that GM who you want to fire did? Sent Cooper and a 2 to the Pats for Chandler freaking Jones a guy who led the NFL in sacks last year.

He actually drafts pretty well. David Johnson wasn't a 1 but he's as good as any pick that was in the first round same could of been said about the honey badger before he got hurt.

This myth guys have about the draft is amazing when in reality about 50% of first rounders don't even make it to there second contract and the numbers only go down the further in the draft you go

Oh and SK moved up to get our QB of the future FOR NOTHING!

He traded for Palmer, Veldaheer signed Fitz, Jones, Johnson, Peterson all to contracts that look like steals now. We were just contenders dude. Now we're rebuilding...relax

The good organizations do not have constant turn over at the top.

If your gonna fire someone you better have s solution so who's better? Name me a guy that's a realistic GM I'll wait.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim has done some good things but going into this year here's what I think he screwed up.

1. I believed he "settled" for Steve Wilks. I was clamoring for a young offensive minded HC because that is what the NFL has turned into. We sat back and watched as the brightest offensive minded OC's were hired one by one. We were the last team to sign a HC and claimed Wilks " was our guy all along".

2. Fearing the need of a QB he spent $20m this year on 2 QB's apparently with the thought this team was a serious threat to compete in spite of a complete new coaching staff. Is that because he over evaluated this roster?

3. Was Mike McCoy Keims choice or was it Wilks choice? I kind of think it was a meeting of the minds. Don't think many knowledgeable fans were really excited about a retread OC with a blue print known across the league.

It appears this year is going to be a complete disaster. We are already clamoring for Rosen , but dear god, not yet. We may get what we are clamoring for next week during the Rams game. I seriously don't know if Bradford will make it through the game.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have zero issues with the signing of Bradford even though he sucked ass today. Keim had to get a legit NFL QB on the roster. Not only did he get Bradford but he also signed Glennon as insurance and back up material. Add that when the draft presented an opportunity to get a QBOTF he made that happen and drafted Rosen.

Even though Bradford sucked today and Glennon has warts I give Keim an A+ for this offseason.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Rosen hadn't played a snap. I hope he turns out to be a franchise QB. Did we have a defensive line today? Did Reddick play? Were our linebackers effective? Humphries played well.

Where are the rest of Kiems draft picks or free agents? Sorry but I don't see how I am way off

Mason Cole just told me for you to be quiet for now :)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Keim had a very good offseason as well.

The problem is the team was so talent deprived it was always going to take multiple years to turn this around.

The possible exception is Wilks/McCoy. The truth is the cards were not going to get the pick of the litter of coaches with 0 qbs under contract and a talent depleted roster.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I have zero issues with the signing of Bradford even though he sucked ass today. Keim had to get a legit NFL QB on the roster. Not only did he get Bradford but he also signed Glennon as insurance and back up material. Add that when the draft presented an opportunity to get a QBOTF he made that happen and drafted Rosen.

Even though Bradford sucked today and Glennon has warts I give Keim an A+ for this offseason.

A+ would’ve been Bridgewater but I agree that you can’t knock him for signing Sam. The money was irrelevant and didn’t affect any other areas of improvement. Sam is toast physically and mentally and we got burned. Oh well.

The sh*t show of recent draft picks is what should be keeping SK up at night.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think Keim had a very good offseason as well.

The problem is the team was so talent deprived it was always going to take multiple years to turn this around.

The possible exception is Wilks/McCoy. The truth is the cards were not going to get the pick of the litter of coaches with 0 qbs under contract and a talent depleted roster.
Who’s fault is this?

I think Wilks was Michael’s choice. I’ve heard from people who are very close that it was gonna be Bettcher until Michael interviewed Wilks.

But.

If you feel like this roster is talent-poor, that’s on Keim. That we couldn’t bring in a productive WR in free agency is shameful.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Dansby brought in this week, TBH.

Reaction score

If Keim's record falls from being the 2nd best winning % in the NFL since he was hired and Michael doesn't fire him you may have a point. Please think about this for a moment and then tell me Michael is a problem.

One of you guys needs a new avatar. It's confusing. :D

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Before we get all fired up about Diche I need to ask the question who did he play across from? Was it a quality guard or was it someone who Washington had to throw in the lineup. Remember Leshon Johnson had 214 yds. rushing in a game but I wouldn't anoint him a success. I need to see more before I say hey maybe the kid has something after all.

OP
OP
Borderrat

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
Mason Cole just told me for you to be quiet for now :)

You know what? I forgot about Mason Cole which is a good thing. Means he did a decent job except one play I did see him get blown up and his man make a tackle in the backfield. Besides that I think he played well. Must be pretty awesome to make your how many consecutive starts since high school or earlier.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
A bit off topic. But watching Calais, Tony Jefferson and the Badger make huge splash plays elsewhere, while our defense was playing beyond hope, made me cringe.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Before we get all fired up about Diche I need to ask the question who did he play across from? Was it a quality guard or was it someone who Washington had to throw in the lineup. Remember Leshon Johnson had 214 yds. rushing in a game but I wouldn't anoint him a success. I need to see more before I say hey maybe the kid has something after all.

Redskins have a top 5 NFL Oline, they had a ton of injuries on the Oline last year so the team sucked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard