Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terminator 4 Ready for a 2005 Start
Source: Variety
September 24, 2004

Terminator 4 is ready to start production in 2005, but will Arnold Schwarzenegger be back? Variety reports that Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines writers John Brancato and Michael Ferris have completed a draft of a script that was developed under the supervision of "T3" director Jonathan Mostow.

The trade adds that C2 partners Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna are returning as producers, and "T3" financier Intermedia, which has underwritten development so far, will begin the process of setting up the budget for the picture.

Mostow is expected to next direct an untitled thriller he wrote for Paramount. Intermedia will open formal negotiations shortly for a deal that would make "T4" Mostow's next directing job. Intermedia will also meet soon with Warner Bros. Pictures and Sony Pictures, who distributed "T3" domestically and internationally, respectively. Both of the studios have an option to serve the same roles in the fourth film.

Schwarzenegger's availability is the big question mark, since he is the governor of California. There's already been talks for Arnold to return, but it would likely be in a limited role. Variety adds that the expectation is that "T4" will break in a new terminator model.

There's no word yet whether or not Nick Stahl or Claire Danes will return.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will Arnold Return for Terminator 4?
Source: San Francisco Chronicle
January 21, 2005

The San Francisco Chronicle sat down with Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to talk about various issues, including whether or not he will return for Terminator 4:

The governor said he had been approached about making a brief appearance in "Terminator 4,'' but has told producers "they will never see me for one second in the movie" unless the film is made in California. It's planned to be shot in Budapest.

It was recently announced that John Brancato and Michael Ferris have completed a draft of a script that was developed under the supervision of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines director Jonathan Mostow.

Filming was said to be starting this year.

----------------------------------------------------

Nice. Governor Arnold flexing his celebrity muscle. "Film it in my state, or film it without me." :D

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stahl & Danes Not in Terminator 4
Source: Sci Fi Wire
February 1, 2005

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines star Nick Stahl, who played John Connor, told Sci Fi Wire that neither he nor his "T3" co-star Claire Danes will appear in Terminator 4.

"None of the cast is coming back." Stahl said. "The [T4] story is changing conceptually. I believe it's a jump to the future, so my character will be quite a bit older. That's all that I know. So I'm not coming back, which is a drag."

He added that the producers' current plans may not include original "Terminator" series star Arnold Schwarzenegger either.

------------------------------------

Must be filming in Budapest. That means no Arnold. I'm cool with that change. Let's see what direction this thing goes.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Stahl & Danes Not in Terminator 4
Source: Sci Fi Wire
February 1, 2005

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines star Nick Stahl, who played John Connor, told Sci Fi Wire that neither he nor his "T3" co-star Claire Danes will appear in Terminator 4.

"None of the cast is coming back." Stahl said. "The [T4] story is changing conceptually. I believe it's a jump to the future, so my character will be quite a bit older. That's all that I know. So I'm not coming back, which is a drag."

He added that the producers' current plans may not include original "Terminator" series star Arnold Schwarzenegger either.

------------------------------------

Must be filming in Budapest. That means no Arnold. I'm cool with that change. Let's see what direction this thing goes.

I almost sounds like a straight to video seqaul, like From Dusk til Dawn 37

former user 1

Registered
Reaction score
Terminator 4!

Whoo hoo. Love the first three! It's supposed to start filming early this year and due out 2008.

Got this quote from Wikipedia, and the only thing that bothers me is Furlong wanting to return as John Connor. It was hard to get used to Nick Stahl, but by the end of T3 I liked him as John. I couldn't imagine switching back to Furlong now.

There were conflicting reports as to whether Arnold Schwarzenegger would return. Some sources said he would return for the next installment, while others said he would not. On 24th Oct 2006, Andy Vajna hinted in an interview that the role of the character portrayed by Schwarzenegger would be terminated, and "a new and more interesting character will take its place." On November 12, 2006, it was reported Schwarzenegger will not be appearing in Terminator 4
Edward Furlong said that he let many fans down from not being in Terminator 3 due to legal issues. He hopes to be John in Terminator 4

Anyone have any thoughts or additional information on this movie?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Some of the plot-points were clever in T3, but overall I found it to be one movie too many in the franchise.

If they could get rid of Arnold (gasp!) then T4 may be something worth watching. I seem to remember a scene from the 1st Terminator when Reese was flashingback to a Terminator attack that the Terminator wasn't Arnold, but Franco Columbu. Shouldn't be to difficult to explain the absence of the Arnold Terminator.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that T3 was good. It certainly was not great like T2, but still good.

former user 1

Registered
Reaction score
You loved T3??? are you feeling okay??? ;)

LOL! Yeah, I feel okay. I really did like T3. It was hard getting used to Nick Stahl so I'm glad that Arnold was in this movie or else I wouldn't have been able to get into it.

I thought 3 was okay. Personally, I can't stand Edward Furlong, so I hope he isn't in the new one.

Same here.

I thought that T3 was good. It certainly was not great like T2, but still good.

Oh yeah, T2 will always be better than T3. One of my favorite parts in T3 was when Terminator (by the way, I still call him Uncle Bob) wanted the male strippers clothes and the male stripper said, "talk to the hand" so he grabbed it and said to his hand, "now." .... :lmao:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arnold to do Terminator 4 Cameo?
Source: Boston Herald
March 1, 2007

MGM Chairman and CEO Harry Sloan said in Boston this week that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger may do a cameo appearance in Terminator 4.

"Yes, we will need a new actor," Sloan said about the title role. "But Arnold may do a cameo. I think it's in his contract."

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T3 was fine. The problem with it, just like the Matrix sequels, is that the movies before them were so great, when you compare them, they suck.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T3 was OK. However, I think they wrote themselves into a corner. Part of the draw of the Terminator franchise was mixing of the "T"'s into our time. They way the last one ended, the next one has to be post apocolypto type stuff. To me that's not as exciting.

I guess I could see a movie based on John Conner building the resistance but that to me is a different story all together then the Terminators coming back through time. Feels like a different franchise all together.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McG Set to Direct Terminator Salvation
Source: Moviehole
November 16, 2007

While it's been hinted in previous Hollywood trade articles, Moviehole now says it's a done deal - McG will direct Warner Bros. Pictures' Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, the fourth installment in the popular franchise.

Expected to hit theaters in the summer of 2009, "Terminator Salvation" will reinvent the cyborg saga with a storyline to be told over a three-movie span. The film is set in the future, in a full-scale war between Skynet and humankind.

McG directed We Are Marshall for WB and also helmed the "Charlie's Angels" films.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Christian Bale to Star in Terminator Salvation
Source: Ain't It Cool News
November 21, 2007

Christian Bale (The Dark Knight, Batman Begins) has been cast as John Connor in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, says Ain't It Cool News.

-----------------

Wow.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Christian Bale to Star in Terminator Salvation
Source: Ain't It Cool News
November 21, 2007

Christian Bale (The Dark Knight, Batman Begins) has been cast as John Connor in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, says Ain't It Cool News.

-----------------

Wow.

This movie just became credible.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Christian Bale the best male leading actor of our time? Possibly. I just can't believe he chose this vehicle. It's somewhat alarming, really. He's really going for the money roles. He made Batman cool again.

The studio must be trying hard to revive the Terminator series, because they got Joe McGinty to direct. That's tapping into a keg of hip right there, even if it's fading hip.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Christian Bale the best male leading actor of our time? Possibly. I just can't believe he chose this vehicle. It's somewhat alarming, really. He's really going for the money roles. He made Batman cool again.

a) Yes, I think Bale probably is establishing himself as the best male leading man of our time from a quality standpoint (although I still think he's behind the pack financially, but I don't care about that).

b) I don't think he's just going after money roles though. He's doing the really smart thing, which is basically one for them (the studio for big money) and one for me (an indie for no money). Anything he's in he's been fantastic in and I had COMPLETELY written this movie off until this was announced. That being said, I'm still not excited at all by the concept of the movie (or any T movie without Cameron attached), but my interest is a little piqued now.

Gaddabout;1556782 The studio must be trying hard to revive the Terminator series said:
Gad - if they're going for a keg of hip, someone should tell they can't actually use the time machines used in the Terminator movies to go back to 2001 to get McG because that was the last time he was hip.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard