xXx: The Return of Xander Cage

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ericson Core (Invincible) will direct XXX: The Return of Xander Cage, Columbia Pictures' third installment in the franchise. Neal Moritz and Joe Roth are producing.

Vin Diesel is reprising the role he originated in the 2002 movie, directed by Rob Cohen. Diesel and Cohen skipped the 2005 sequel, XXX: State of the Union, which starred Ice Cube and was directed by Lee Tamahori.

Core, a cinematographer-turned-director, worked as DP on Diesel's 2001 film The Fast and the Furious.

John Brancato and Michael Ferris (Terminator Salvation) wrote the script for "Xander Cage." It involves Cage's return to the National Security Agency after an eight-year absence. Richard Wilkes, who wrote the original movie, did a recent polish.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest here. At the time I liked the first movie just from an action popcorn standpoint. If this movie had come out 5 years ago, I might have cared. I just am not interested in the franchise after the abomination of a sequel starring Ice T.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks interesting but man....seems like it's too far removed from the 1st film. The second one wasn't very good.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The skiing part looks to fake, other then that, looks interesting.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aw, what the heck, we like Vin Diesel, I'm sure we'll give it a chance.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest here. At the time I liked the first movie just from an action popcorn standpoint. If this movie had come out 5 years ago, I might have cared. I just am not interested in the franchise after the abomination of a sequel starring Ice T.

Ice Cube.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xXx: Return of Xander Cage

Release date: January 20, 2017
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: D.J. Caruso
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for extended sequences of gunplay and violent action, and for sexual material and language)
Screenwriters: F. Scott Frazier, Chad St. John
Genre: Action, Adventure
Website: ReturnofXanderCage.com| Facebook| Twitter| Instagram

Starring: Vin Diesel, Samuel L. Jackson, Conor McGregor, Tony Jaa, Deepika Padukone, Nina Dobrev, Ruby Rose, Toni Collette, Donnie Yen, Ariadna Gutierrez, Ice Cube

Plot Summary: The third explosive chapter of the blockbuster franchise that redefined the spy thriller finds extreme athlete turned government operative Xander Cage (Vin Diesel) coming out of self-imposed exile and on a collision course with deadly alpha warrior Xiang and his team in a race to recover a sinister and seemingly unstoppable weapon known as Pandora’s Box. Recruiting an all-new group of thrill-seeking cohorts, Xander finds himself enmeshed in a deadly conspiracy that points to collusion at the highest levels of world governments. Packed with the series’ signature deadpan wit and bad-ass attitude, “xXx: Return of Xander Cage” will raise the bar on extreme action with some of the most mind-blowing stunts to ever be caught on film.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this last night. Enjoyable popcorn flick, but honestly if I walked into the movie half-way through, I would have thought it was another Fast and Furious movie.