Terminator Genisys

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but this just wasn't very good. It was actually boring me so much I started to look at my watch. The only good parts were some of the Arnold scenes, and those weren't nearly enough to carry the day. The rest of the characters might have well as been drawn on paper. I seriously wish I had not paid theater prices to see it.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah I have to agree with AJ, it was massively disappointing. Not anything up to what I was expecting. I wasn't even buying Emelia Clarke as Sarah Connor at all, and I love me some Emilia Clarke.

Hey lets take the bus! rofl

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was abysmal... and even for a movie where you have to throw away suspension of disbelief for time travel, the time travel made ZERO sense whatsoever.

How the hell did Connor even get born?!

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Like I said in the unamed movie thread...

I just returned from a test screening for an unnamed sci-fi action film, that is part of a major franchise, set to released this summer, that has yet to be rated. I signed a nondisclosure agreement, so I am bound by a gag order that prevents me from discussing any specifics about it.

It was a rough copy, as it is still in post-production, so there were a few scenes that weren't completely realized yet. However, it does constitute enough of a complete film for me to form an opinion about it.

So, take that for what it's worth.

Of the movie I watched, my generic summary would be this:

You take the good, you take the bad,
You take them both and there you have
The facts of a summer sci-fi/action big budget film.

It's far from being an epic trainwreck, but it also fails to deliver anything truly special. It's not even bad enough to appreciate for being bad.

I wouldn't call it a reboot, as it fits into the series and doesn't undo any from the previous films in the franchise...at least without good reason and explanation. I guess if I were hard pressed to label it, I would call it a reimagining of sorts.

I could see where they were really trying to balance being stereotypical summer fare, and something special. Which was disappointing to me because (regardless of effort) it failed to be special.

I felt that when the filmmakers had a choice between "fresh and unique" and "typical summer action" they paid lip service to the former and went forward with the latter. I had hoped that they would have gone the Iron Man 3 route of being brave enough to slow down, tell a cogent story, and add some legitimate twists.

I guess the best analogy for this would be that they skipped the "fresh and unique" concept like a rock across the water, then it sank into the depths of the "typical summer action".

The major highlight for me was that there were some neat fan-service moments, and one brief shining moment it followed a very clever and well conceived sequence of events.

The major bummer moment for me was when I realized that, at one point, they had gotten their inspiration from an old Monty Python sketch for a not-so well conceived sequence that ran through the hole movie.

It was like the ending of "Departed"...in a bad way.

All in all, I will see this unnamed sci-fi action film, that is part of a major franchise, set to released this summer, that has yet to be rated, in the theater upon it's release...if only to see if they were able to incorporate any of my astute constructive criticism into the finished product...which I highly doubt.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was abysmal... and even for a movie where you have to throw away suspension of disbelief for time travel, the time travel made ZERO sense whatsoever.

How the hell did Connor even get born?!

It really felt slapped together. I can't believe how something so bad could get this far. The more I think about it, I don't know if I've seen anything stupider and more tedious. I didn't see "Ishtar", and I'm sure it won't do that bad in terms of $, but my god this was a terrible movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the more I think about it, NOTHING in this movie makes sense with ANYTHING in previous movies, starting from the moment Reese travels back in time. Unless the "future" was a different timeline as well (and I don't know how that could even be possible), the moment where he sees what happens to John as he's being sent back in time... ah, screw it. that movie was terrible and only get worse the further I get away from it.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Well all of your descriptions and reactions reinforce my fears of this being a mess. When it was first announced I was excited and even with the first trailer I thought it was cool, as soon as they went with Connor being some kind of terminator I lost interest.

This should be the end of this franchise...right?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well all of your descriptions and reactions reinforce my fears of this being a mess. When it was first announced I was excited and even with the first trailer I thought it was cool, as soon as they went with Connor being some kind of terminator I lost interest.

This should be the end of this franchise...right?

unless it's huge internationally, it'll definitely be the end of this "trilogy". give it another five years and they'll probably try to do a straight reboot with the Rock.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally stupid plot that was too predictable at times. Somewhat entertaining. Arnold was pretty damn funny though. I'd give this movie 3 stars.

Was the "Mother of Dragons" playing Sarah Conner?

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sounds like I dodged a bullet with this one.

Totally stupid plot that was too predictable at times. Somewhat entertaining. Arnold was pretty damn funny though. I'd give this movie 3 stars.

Was the "Mother of Dragons" playing Sarah Conner?

That was the Mother of Dragons, yes.

I'm scratching my head at how you give something with a totally stupid and predictable plot 3 stars. Were there boobs? Boobs can add a star. Khaleesi's boobs can add several :)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I dodged a bullet with this one.

That was the Mother of Dragons, yes.

I'm scratching my head at how you give something with a totally stupid and predictable plot 3 stars. Were there boobs? Boobs can add a star. Khaleesi's boobs can add several :)

This is true. I struggled between 2 or 3 stars for it. But since I thought Arnold was so damn funny it deserved the extra star. Honestly Arnold actually saved this from being a complete waste of time for me. Those classic Arnold one liners just brought me back to the days of my youth I guess.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
unless it's huge internationally, it'll definitely be the end of this "trilogy". give it another five years and they'll probably try to do a straight reboot with the Rock.

I heard somewhere that James Cameron gets the rights back in 3 years...so there's that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But since I thought Arnold was so damn funny it deserved the extra star.

this statement cements why this movie was atrocious. Arnold had a couple good quips in the first two Terminator movies, but him being so damn funny makes his character a complete farce and not close to the killing/destruction machine that made the first two movies incredible.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Rotten Tomatoes critic score: 26%
Rotten Tomatoes audience score: 70%

How does this happen?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rotten Tomatoes critic score: 26%
Rotten Tomatoes audience score: 70%

How does this happen?

internet scores don't matter... only box office returns do and this is tracking to do 10 million LESS then T3 over the same weekend 12 years ago, which is really bad considering ticket price inflation and 3D.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
the more I think about it, NOTHING in this movie makes sense with ANYTHING in previous movies, starting from the moment Reese travels back in time. Unless the "future" was a different timeline as well (and I don't know how that could even be possible), the moment where he sees what happens to John as he's being sent back in time... ah, screw it. that movie was terrible and only get worse the further I get away from it.

Exactly. My friend saw it and didnt understand and he called me like;

Wait so why did the past change because of what happened to JC and also, who was sending everyone else back to help them because they kept alluding to this mystery person who was sending people back and not revealing themselves.

I was like you I'm like well, lets think, oh wait, no, screw it, it was just stupid.

I'm still trying to figure out why when presented with the choice between cars, motorcycles and a freaking school bus why you would steal the bus to make your getaway lol.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday movie was good understood what was going on

I haven't seen Terminator Salvation.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Uhhh...

None of these movies make any sense practically and if you ever introduce time travel into a movie then you do anything you want as the possibilities are endless for trashing timelines.

Given that I liked it.

It is what it is and Arnold made it fun it did not disappoint me in the least.

Stuff blows up, they redid a ton of stuff again and Sarah Conner is way hotter now :)

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhhh...

None of these movies make any sense practically and if you ever introduce time travel into a movie then you do anything you want as the possibilities are endless for trashing timelines.

Given that I liked it.

Stuff blows up, they redid a ton of stuff again and Sarah Conner is way hotter now :)

That's enough for me! Seriously! I'm going to see it. :thumbup:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Uhhh...

Given that I liked it.

So it's a Michael Bay snoozefest? Check.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it's a Michael Bay snoozefest? Check.

It's worse. At least Bay is a visual artist when it comes to pure carnage on screen. This is action set pieces by the numbers.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Weren't there squeals scheduled before this was released?

Are they still in the queue?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard