Terminator Genisys

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy crap... THAT'S the twist?!

like I said... freaking trainwreck is rolling down the tracks.

and yes... they did EXACTLY in that trailer what they did ruining the previous three movie's twists.

wow... this is going to be awesomely awful.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
how late in the game does that twist come out?

Hypothecially speaking?

It begins the third act. It's a HUGE twist in my book. Having the focal point protagonist of the entire franchise (John Conner) not only break bad, but become integrated with SkyNet, has the same impact as Darth Vader revealing that he is Luke Skywalker's father in Empire Strikes Back.

Beyond that...I think that the best fanservice callback to the original Schwarzenegger Terminators (1 & 2), the one scene in the film that made me totally mark-out and say to myself "F*CK YEAH!", is included in the trailer as well.

I think that, perhaps, the producers realize that it'll be the action and special effects that people will pay money to see and not a well crafted (or effective) Terminator story.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hypothecially speaking?

It begins the third act. It's a HUGE twist in my book. Having the focal point protagonist of the entire franchise (John Conner) not only break bad, but become integrated with SkyNet, has the same impact as Darth Vader revealing that he is Luke Skywalker's father in Empire Strikes Back.

Beyond that...I think that the best fanservice callback to the original Schwarzenegger Terminators (1 & 2), the one scene in the film that made me totally mark-out and say to myself "F*CK YEAH!", is included in the trailer as well.

I think that, perhaps, the producers realize that it'll be the action and special effects that people will pay money to see and not a well crafted (or effective) Terminator story.

Wow... That is truly awful marketing and a sign of desperation on the studio to reveal something that big to try and lure people into the theaters.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I actually liked the first couple of trailers...now the John Connor twist? Nope. I am changing my mind to this being a train wreck.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Cameron Hails 'Genisys' as the Real Third 'Terminator' Movie

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/james-cameron-genisys-terminator-endorsement-121016156362.html

Remember the last two Terminator movies, Rise of the Machines and Salvation? Well, James Cameron, who directed and co-wrote the first two Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi classics, is fine if you pretend the latter installments never existed.

After an early screening of Terminator Genisys, the three-time Oscar winner has officially endorsed the upcoming series reboot with Arnie reprising his role as a cyborg from the future.

In the exclusive video - at the link above - provided by Genisys’ studio Paramount Pictures, Cameron calls himself a “fanboy,” pointing out he didn’t have any creative input in Genisys, technically the fifth Terminator movie. (Alan Taylor, who helmed Thor: The Dark World, directed, and Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier co-wrote). But when Cameron saw the movie — also starring Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese, and Jason Clarke as John Connor — he felt like “the franchise has been reinvigorated.”

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Meh. I kinda, for a second, wanted to see it now that I know Emilia Clark is starring, to see how she does. Not nearly enough to watch a train wreck, though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with Cameron giving a thumbs up, I wish they hadn't blown the biggest twist in the movie in the trailers because now my interest is at least a tiny bit piqued.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with Cameron giving a thumbs up, I wish they hadn't blown the biggest twist in the movie in the trailers because now my interest is at least a tiny bit piqued.

That actually surprised me a bit because he didn't appear to like any of the sequels. However, I am still taking his "endorsement" with a grain of salt. His good friend Arnold is getting long in the tooth and trying to have one last hurrah with his movie career. I could easily imagine Arnold giving him a call and saying we could really use your support.

Based on Cameron's previous comments about this franchise and even the Aliens franchise.....his ego seems to prevent him from really liking anything anybody does after his take on those movies.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That actually surprised me a bit because he didn't appear to like any of the sequels. However, I am still taking his "endorsement" with a grain of salt. His good friend Arnold is getting long in the tooth and trying to have one last hurrah with his movie career. I could easily imagine Arnold giving him a call and saying we could really use your support.

Based on Cameron's previous comments about this franchise and even the Aliens franchise.....his ego seems to prevent him from really liking anything anybody does after his take on those movies.

Cameron has been quoted as saying he loved T3, but not Salvation.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I almost forgot about that. Although as part of his comment on T3 he said "I might not have structured it the same, nor may I have ended it the same way".

Like I said...a bit of ego there and I am sure that had more to do with supporting Arnold. It's not coincidence IMO that the first film centered around Arnold since then he is once again endorsing.

Not to mention now he is saying this is the "Real" T3. Which is it James?

Like I said, grain of salt.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

oy... if he said he loved T3, my interest just shrank again. that movie made a mockery of the franchise, so much so that I literally wrote a 50 page spoof script years before it came out in high school where I thought it would be ridiculous to make the villain a terminatrix in all leather and have Arnold's terminator have a screw loose... and that's pretty much exactly what happened in the movie.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oy... if he said he loved T3, my interest just shrank again. that movie made a mockery of the franchise, so much so that I literally wrote a 50 page spoof script years before it came out in high school where I thought it would be ridiculous to make the villain a terminatrix in all leather and have Arnold's terminator have a screw loose... and that's pretty much exactly what happened in the movie.

I enjoyed t3 but I expected it not to be good when i turned it on.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've liked them all (well, didn't hate any of them) so far to varying degrees. The first two were, absolutely, the best. But, I did enjoy Rise and Salvation too.

I imagine I will go see this one and will probably not hate it also :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I've liked them all (well, didn't hate any of them) so far to varying degrees. The first two were, absolutely, the best. But, I did enjoy Rise and Salvation too.

I was a bit bored with Salvation until the CGI Arnold showed up, and I was never really that into T3 because of the casting changes, but I thought T3 did try to at least move the Judgement Day timeline. Plus Kristanna Loken was a pretty kick ass Terminator.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't hate any of them either but T3 was my least favorite of them all. I actually enjoyed Salvation. I just didn't think it lived up to the hype. As far as KL? I always thought she was a pretty lady but wasn't a great actress. She tends to overact in just about everything. I was more excited to see CD at the time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, dotKen - FYI - we are no longer held to our signed agreements since the movie is now in theaters. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard