Terminator Genisys

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terminator Salvation director McG talked to Film Journal about a possible sequel to the May 21st release which could possibly take place pre-Judgment Day again:

"I strongly suspect the next movie is going to take place in a [pre-Judgment Day] 2011," McG reveals. "John Connor is going to travel back in time and he's going to have to galvanize the militaries of the world for an impending Skynet invasion. They've figured out time travel to the degree where they can send more than one naked entity. So you're going to have hunter killers and transports and harvesters and everything arriving in our time and Connor fighting back with conventional military warfare, which I think is going to be (expletive) awesome. I also think he's going to meet a scientist that's going to look a lot like present-day Robert Patrick [who famously played the T-1000 in Terminator 2], talking about stem-cell research and how we can all live as idealized, younger versions of ourselves."

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
My first thought was that won't work.

Then after thinking about it, it will just shift things.

Not a bad idea at all.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terminator 5 Might Be Heading Over To Paramount

Terminator 5 Might Be Heading Over To Paramount

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Terminator-5-Might-Heading-Over-Paramount-38010.html

When Terminator: Salvation was released in 2009 it failed to really impress anybody. The film, which had a great cast that included Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Anton Yelchin and Bryce Dallas Howard, was not only torn apart by critics, it surprised a lot of people by under-performing at the box office, making only $125 million domestically on a $200 million budget. As a result it hasn't been the easiest process getting another Terminator sequel off the ground in the last four years, but pieces are finally coming together. In January Drive Angry and Shutter Island writers Patrick Lussier and Laeta Kalogridis were hired to pen the script, and then star Arnold Schwarzenegger promised that he would be back (as he is wont to do). But today the project has taken what is perhaps its biggest step in the last four years.

According to The Wrap, Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures and David Ellison's Skydance Productions, which currently own the rights to the Terminator franchise, is now in negotiations with Paramount Pictures that could result in the major studio serving as distributor for the untitled Terminator 5. With a distributor in place the project would have a more realistic future, but as of now we don't know when they are thinking about starting production or when they are thinking about having a film ready for release.

Interestingly, The Wrap notes that new copyright laws have made it so that North American rights for the Terminator franchise will actually go back to James Cameron in 2019 - the 35th anniversary of the first movie in the franchise. So, worse comes to worse, in six years the property will go back to the hands that it belongs in and it will be his choice to decide what the future holds.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I liked Terminator Salvation, and I don't hate Terminator 3.

We'll see what happens I guess.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked Terminator Salvation, and I don't hate Terminator 3.

We'll see what happens I guess.

Four was a big disappointment for me. Not big enough to keep me from watching T5, T6, T7 etc. but a disappointment nonetheless.

Steve

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Four was a big disappointment for me. Not big enough to keep me from watching T5, T6, T7 etc. but a disappointment nonetheless.

Steve

I had zero expectations for Salvation, or T3 for that fact, so I was able to just enjoy them for the popcorn factor.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thbought 3 would be bad and actually enjoyed it. I like the concept of 4 but I always felt it just wouldnt be as good so havent seen it yet.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thbought 3 would be bad and actually enjoyed it. I like the concept of 4 but I always felt it just wouldnt be as good so havent seen it yet.

I liked 3 also despite some obvious flaws. The last one wasn't the worst movie ever but I figure they have half the work done for them just by using the Terminator legacy and they still botched it. It was watchable but it never really felt like a Terminator movie to me.

Steve

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked 3 also despite some obvious flaws. The last one wasn't the worst movie ever but I figure they have half the work done for them just by using the Terminator legacy and they still botched it. It was watchable but it never really felt like a Terminator movie to me.

Steve

Spot on, partner! :thumbup: x5

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve

"Oh, good for you!"

/CB

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they had rolled the audio for that incident over the T4 credits it might have saved the movie.

Steve

You may be on to something.

I could listen to that audio all day long. That movie, not so much.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a reboot of terminator one is one of the reboots I can get behind. Terminator one with a better budget could be an awesome movie however im not sure it will work without arnie.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I'll be back!"

"Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range."
"Just what ya see, pal."

Good as a reboot might be, it is difficult to conceive of it being a better movie. Effects? Sure, but that's in, methinks.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
"I'll be back!"

"Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range."
"Just what ya see, pal."

Good as a reboot might be, it is difficult to conceive of it being a better movie. Effects? Sure, but that's in, methinks.

"You still don't get it, do you? He'll find her! That's what he does! That's ALL he does!"

"It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

:D

Honestly, I've become numb to reboots and remakes. I just don't care anymore. Hollywood makes them because it makes them money.

The best thing, in my opinion, at this point is to just take them as they come, and hope they don't suck too badly.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is one of the few movies that I'd really like to see a re-boot of. I love the idea behind this franchise and whatever it takes to keep that going is fine by me.

Steve

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"You still don't get it, do you? He'll find her! That's what he does! That's ALL he does!"

"It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

:D

Honestly, I've become numb to reboots and remakes. I just don't care anymore. Hollywood makes them because it makes them money.

The best thing, in my opinion, at this point is to just take them as they come, and hope they don't suck too badly.

:thumbup:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, no. No reboot will come close to how incredible the first Terminator movie was. Pass.

I saw 2 before one. When I went back to one, it just seemed like a low budget horror movie in comparison to the awesomeness that was T2.

Granted, I was young and havent seen t1 in some time. I do remember when he put his eye on the planter, that scene was awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson