Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are playing .500 ball right now after the acquisition. I still feel like the team isn't playing up to their potential but things are not clicking. They need another impact player. I predicted Paul would not be enough after the trade and but I was hoping that getting Crowder might be just enough. It's just not working. It's not like this team is devoid of talent.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns season started out so promising: 3-1, 4-1, 5-1 and 6-2, then a spiral downward. It's been sort of the way the Suns get a lead in a game and fritter it away.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those who are curious, Eddie Johnson will return to the announcers booth next week for the team. I'm glad, I can't stand Annie. She's nice and all but she's beyond dull. Having Leander on play by play with her makes the broadcast completely intolerable.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who are curious, Eddie Johnson will return to the announcers booth next week for the team. I'm glad, I can't stand Annie. She's nice and all but she's beyond dull. Having Leander on play by play with her makes the broadcast completely intolerable.

She is excellent post game though. She is brilliant. Just not made for live TV

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’m glad these guys are pushing him, but long term, it’s just not good that they feel like they have to.

pretty sure Devin Booker never needed daily pump ups for him to reach his potential.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m glad these guys are pushing him, but long term, it’s just not good that they feel like they have to.

pretty sure Devin Booker never needed daily pump ups for him to reach his potential.

I would let it slide if he were dominant on one side of the court. Like a true force offensively or defensively because then the extra.motivation to be great on both would be understandable. We've had greats like Nash and Amare who excelled offensively but sucked on defense, for different reasons. Ayton just lacks the desire to be an all time great and being pushed will only get him to do so much. He has to want it on his own.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would let it slide if he were dominant on one side of the court. Like a true force offensively or defensively because then the extra.motivation to be great on both would be understandable. We've had greats like Nash and Amare who excelled offensively but sucked on defense, for different reasons. Ayton just lacks the desire to be an all time great and being pushed will only get him to do so much. He has to want it on his own.

Actually I fear Ayton might regress with too much pushing almost in a passive-aggressive way. A person can only absorb so much instruction or criticism at a time no matter how well intended. It's only natural to push back even if not intentional.

Like you say, he has to want it but not only that, he has to absorb it as well. Some players simply mature later in their careers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those trying to keep score.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Suns have no one playing at an All-Star level so far this season. Anyone in the habit of complaining that All-Star voting is a mere popularity contest has no business voting for any Suns players.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns have no one playing at an All-Star level so far this season. Anyone in the habit of complaining that All-Star voting is a mere popularity contest has no business voting for any Suns players.
Winning. I thought it wasn’t about the stats, it was about winning. That’s why Booker got overlooked. Now they are winning and it’s about stats again.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winning. I thought it wasn’t about the stats, it was about winning. That’s why Booker got overlooked. Now they are winning and it’s about stats again.

it’s always been about both.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson