Suns @ Thunder Thursday game thread 2-24-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe there are only 24 games left in the season for the Suns after the All-Star break.

They begin the remainder of the season by playing the Thunder in Oklahoma City on Thursday.

Thunder are 18-40 and are 4-6 in their last ten games.

Suns are 48-10 and are 9-1 in their last ten games. They are also on a seven game winning streak.

Afterwards the Suns return home for four games: the Pelicans visit on Friday (which is a back-to back game), Jazz on Sunday, Trail Blazers on Wednesday and the Knicks on Friday.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona.

Start time is scheduled for 6 p.m. Arizona time.

Afterwards the Suns return home for four games.

They play the Pelicans on Friday (which is a back-to back game), Jazz on Sunday, Trail Blazers on Wednesday and the Knicks on Friday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Cam Payne may not play on Thursday although he will be back with the team. His status is day-to-day.

The Suns reportedly have no interest in Jevon Carter.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns injury report comes out tomorrow.

My hope is if Cam Payne needs more time to recover, the Suns start Aaron Holiday.

Nothing new on Landry Shamet. The last I heard it sounded like his progress was ahead of Cam Payne.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Cam Payne will not be ready for awhile. I listened to his interview on Arizona Sports today and I am not overly optimistic.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The Suns injury report comes out tomorrow.

My hope is if Cam Payne needs more time to recover, the Suns start Aaron Holiday.

Nothing new on Landry Shamet. The last I heard it sounded like his progress was ahead of Cam Payne.

Yeah, Holiday has looked solid in his minutes here so far. Payton has been playing better than he was, but he still goes "lost in space" way too often to be getting anything other than backup minutes.

I hope Monty sees it that way, but who knows? Monty seems to be not above some inexplicable favoritism from time to time, and he seems to really cut slack to guys like Payton and Shamet even when they are stinking it up. So we shall see.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Holiday has looked solid in his minutes here so far. Payton has been playing better than he was, but he still goes "lost in space" way too often to be getting anything other than backup minutes.

I hope Monty sees it that way, but who knows? Monty seems to be not above some inexplicable favoritism from time to time, and he seems to really cut slack to guys like Payton and Shamet even when they are stinking it up. So we shall see.

Although it's not my preference, I think we are going to see a steady dose (hopefully small) of Elfrid Payton until Cam Payne returns unless another player not named Booker steps up to the task.

Monty wants to take it slow with Aaron Holiday but I think he is the most capable point guard of starting with Paul and Payne out.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love Cam Payne but he doesn't need to rush to get back.
Holiday may be better for that spot than Cam. He seems more confident and doesn't get that omg! omg! I've got the ball look that Cam sometimes gets.
My hopes are when Payne gets back those two fight for those mins. Both should get decent mins and Elfrid gulp may try grab some as well.
Steel sharpens steel.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Cam Payne but he doesn't need to rush to get back.
Holiday may be better for that spot than Cam. He seems more confident and doesn't get that omg! omg! I've got the ball look that Cam sometimes gets.
My hopes are when Payne gets back those two fight for those mins. Both should get decent mins and Elfrid gulp may try grab some as well.
Steel sharpens steel.

If we can only get Paul and Payne healthy before the playoffs.

I really like the competition between Payne, Holiday and Shamet off the bench. What especially excites me is these guys can be mixed and matched. The Suns can easily put two point guards on the floor with Payne and Holliday or use one with Shamet.

Yeah, Payton will get minutes too.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Elf gets the starting nod tomorrow (yech), given his time in the system all season. We may all want Holiday to start but the timing with his teammates may take a while, I think Monty will ease him into the rotation over the next few games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Payne is OUT.

Landry Shamet is NOT on the injury report.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over under on Booker assists is 7.5 and I want to hammer that under.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no freaking clue what to expect tomorrow.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander will play.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
with no Paul our D has got to be consistently good. or Holiday will have to get good min and produce consistently, turnovers need to be kept down by everyone. This game doesn't worry me as much as tomorrows game does on the back end of a back to back.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
with no Paul our D has got to be consistently good. or Holiday will have to get good min and produce consistently, turnovers need to be kept down by everyone. This game doesn't worry me as much as tomorrows game does on the back end of a back to back.
First game back after a long break. We’ll see how we come out. A lot of times we start slow against teams we should in theory blow out. I’m curious to see who starts at the point for us. It’s crazy that we’ve gone a week without Suns basketball tonight. I think Book makes a statement tonight. He plays awesome on the road. Let’s go Valley Boyz!!!

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is it!
THE most important game of the second half of the season so far.
Suns by 9+

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander will play.

The Thunder don't need that guy SGA. They need Laundry Shame T and a few draft picks.
That could really help them turn the corner.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson