• WR

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Kool Aid would be my top choice....pure CB that would start for us.

Other than that...I'm fine with Newton, Dejean...although I think he's a safety in the nfl...or another WR. I do want Cooper Beebe, but I think 35 is too high.

If we could trade 35 and 66 for 2 picks in the 40s...I'd be all for it

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
CB Kool-aid McKinstry is best player I see for need. Checks all the boxes. Has the speed 4.47, size 6-0 199, ball skills, can play outside or in the slot, field general positioning other players where they need to be, high football IQ and excellent punt returner.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I prefer Edgerrin Cooper. I think he's the best LB in the class.

I hope they don't go LB this early though. They signed Mack Wilson and brought Barnes back, with Pappoe developing.
I like Edge Cooper as well, I just think Wilson is a lot more active and is better against the pass.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing to remember is that we play zone more than any other team in the NFL.

Just like I should be thinking scheme with Robinson, the same with any corner.

But to argue against myself did we play so much zone because our corners sucked last year?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Id probably take McKinstry though if available.

He'll instantly be the most talented CB that the Cardinals have added in a long time.

Why McKinstry over DeJean?

DeJean is taller, bigger, faster and kicked McKinstry's ass in athletic testing. I think DeJean is the better player.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

DeJean is taller, bigger, faster and kicked McKinstry's ass in athletic testing. I think DeJean is the better player.

I agree Dejean looks better to me.

602 Native

Reaction score
Keon Coleman please.

Then use some of those 3rd rounders and get back into the 2nd round for defensive and oline help.

Since there was a stupid run on QBs in the first there is lots of talent that will be gobbled up in the 2nd.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Would love to have Newton.

Which CB is the best fit for our defense? Zone heavy vs man right?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I don't view these clips as great man coverage other than he is in man coverage. Personally, I think Cooper is just too stiff to play CB in the NFL. I think he can be a fine DB and be used in a coupe different ways. I am up in the air if that is what I want out of my 2nd round pick with Garrett Williams already on the roster.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

You know how this kind of works, we get biases in our heads and it's hard to overcome it LOL.

I really like DeJean and wouldn't be opposed to adding him. He's a mid first round talent just like McKinstry.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Cards need defense and the first round was mostly offensive players. Should be quite a few good options at 35. If none of the CBs available at 25 are close to the BPA than maybe trade pick a little ways and get a corner there.

I'm mostly all for drafting the BPA, but we also need to plug some of out needs so CB or DL should work here.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of players left who grade out pretty close. If I'm the Cardinals I trade back a few spots to get more ammo to move back up into the mid second with one of my early Third round picks. I want to end up with two picks in the top 50 today.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Im pretty open on what to do at 35...

Powers-Johnson would probably be my pick.

Lest we all forget the debacle we had at LG for twelve weeks while the rotation warmed up to the season. That LG spot needs to be locked down.

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Im pretty open on what to do at 35...

Powers-Johnson would probably be my pick.

Lest we all forget the debacle we had at LG for twelve weeks while the rotation warmed up to the season. That LG spot needs to be locked down.
Agree. I think we get a starter no matter what. BPA for me at a position of need which is just about everywhere.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This mock has us taking Chris Braswell, DE, Alabama. He would be a true edge player. Interesting, as I have not seen his name mentioned here.

This mock has Cooper dropping to 42, Newton to 49, Kool-Aid to 51 and DeJean to 53. If that is the case, we should package a 3rd round pick to move up and get one. It also has us taking Sanistiril, CB Michigan in Rd 3, which would be a nice save at CB. I have seen him even in round one in some mocks. Including one which had us taking him at #27.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CB Kool-aid McKinstry is best player I see for need. Checks all the boxes. Has the speed 4.47, size 6-0 199, ball skills, can play outside or in the slot, field general positioning other players where they need to be, high football IQ and excellent punt returner.
Not sure he is a player that’s willing to “Pay the price of admission “ as Gannon puts it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This mock has us taking Chris Braswell, DE, Alabama. He would be a true edge player. Interesting, as I have not seen his name mentioned here.

This mock has Cooper dropping to 42, Newton to 49, Kool-Aid to 51 and DeJean to 53. If that is the case, we should package a 3rd round pick to move up and get one. It also has us taking Sanistiril, CB Michigan in Rd 3, which would be a nice save at CB. I have seen him even in round one in some mocks. Including one which had us taking him at #27.

I don't think any of those guys fall that far. Cooper has the best chance though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn