Suns Get The 6th Pick

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you ever want to meet at Majerle's, PM me. And, as far as Las Vegas, I've had
to cut back on my annual trips, even though a good friend and his wife live there.

I was just joking about moving to Vegas if someone "figures out a way to move
Arizona back east." My older son, daughter-in-law and grandson live in the Valley.

If I ever come to the Valley I will look you up!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo is now saying that Coby White most likely has a guarentee as well - and he also said the suns will make no guarentees to anyone.

So most likely it is the bulls that have promised him I would think.

He also said he thinks the suns will get rid of both okobo and melton. I hope that is not true as I think both have quite a bit of potential although I recognize we don't have room for both.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Disagree. I’ll be shocked if those guys are difference makers.

Garland has the potential of once becoming a difference-maker. Hunter is the prototype of the very servicable, high floor guy with limited upside that can help every single team.
Too bad, neither one will be available at #6, IMO.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Garland has the potential of once becoming a difference-maker. Hunter is the prototype of the very servicable, high floor guy with limited upside that can help every single team.
Too bad, neither one will be available at #6, IMO.
A) you may very well be right with not being available.

B) I believe hunter will be in the league for a long time but isn’t what I’d consider a “difference maker.” He’ll either be a fifth option or a bench player. Garland has more upside but also likely miles further to go before he blossoms into whatever he might become.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
B) I believe hunter will be in the league for a long time but isn’t what I’d consider a “difference maker.” He’ll either be a fifth option or a bench player. Garland has more upside but also likely miles further to go before he blossoms into whatever he might become.

Yes, I agree that Hunter is not a difference-maker but I'm not sure that the Suns need more of those.

Booker and Ayton under a good head coach and coaching staff surrounded by the right complementary players is a capable core, IMO.

If available I would take Hunter at #6 without even thinking twice and use him as a defensive-minded, versatile combo F.
I would trade Warren for Smart (provided they trade Tatum, Brown and MEM pick (plus Hayward to make salaries work) for Davis and Irving re-signs), sign Taj Gibson for the MLE and send the starting lineup of Smart/Booker/Oubre/Gibson/Ayton on the court with the bench of Melton/Jackson/Bridges/Hunter/Holmes.

These would be balanced line-ups with proper defense and playmaking while Booker and Ayton would have enough support both offensively and defensively to flourish.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes, I agree that Hunter is not a difference-maker but I'm not sure that the Suns need more of those.

Booker and Ayton under a good head coach and coaching staff surrounder by the right complementary players is a capable core, IMO.

If available I would take Hunter at #6 without even thinking twice and use him as a defensive-minded, versatile combo F.
I would trade Warren for Smart (provided they trade Tatum, Brown and MEM pick (plus Hayward to make salaries work) for Davis and Irving re-signs), sign Taj Gibson for the MLE and send the starting lineup of Smart/Booker/Oubre/Gibson/Ayton on the court with the bench of Melton/Jackson/Bridges/Hunter/Holmes.

These would be balanced line-ups with proper defense and playmaking while Booker and Ayton would have enough support both offensively and defensively to flourish.
That offseason isn’t a homer in that most of us dreamed of in the offseason, but it’s solid and could help move the franchise forward. I’m not entirely sold on smart, but absent a lot of quality alternatives I wouldn’t be disappointed in the experiment, particularly given his strength, size and defense. At this point my offseason expectations have plummeted so that looks good to me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Booker and Ayton under a good head coach and coaching staff surrounded by the right complementary players is a capable core, IMO.

Oubre and Hunter would be exciting at forward looking ahead providing the Suns do not use drafting Hunter as an excuse to let Oubre Walk.

Smart seems to be a reasonable option at point guard especially if the Suns keep Tyler Johnson. I like Gibson but if the Suns could get Trey Lyles I would be more excited.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I probably would have to kill myself if the Suns pick Hunter, particularly over Reddish

That would just be their next awful pick after Len, Bender and Jackson. Not sure I can take the Suns taking the player I dont want and like 4 out of 6 years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I probably would have to kill myself if the Suns pick Hunter, particularly over Reddish

That would just be their next awful pick after Len, Bender and Jackson. Not sure I can take the Suns taking the player I dont want and like 4 out of 6 years.

What stands out for you about Reddish?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
every time I see this thread title I get bummed out.

6th picks... after the worst season in franchise history. good grief Charlie Brown!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

man, that team would be underwhelming long-term unless Ayton just ends up a complete monster.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I feel like you’re forgetting another top-10 bust we drafted within the last 3 years. But I agree that Hunter is an epic reach.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I feel like you’re forgetting another top-10 bust we drafted within the last 3 years. But I agree that Hunter is an epic reach.
But I liked the pick and still think Chriss was the right pick at #7.

He was always going to be a boom or bust pick.

Len we took over Noel, ok Noels biggest achievement is getting traded for Jrue but still..

Bender we took over Murray..

Jackson we took over Fox, Smith, Markkanen

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That he has Paul George upside.

That he has great size and a good skillset to build on.

I guess I'm reluctant to add another small forward that can't shoot.

If the Suns can trade the pick for an area of need, they should seriously think about it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
But I liked the pick and still think Chriss was the right pick at #7.

He was always going to be a boom or bust pick.

Len we took over Noel, ok Noels biggest achievement is getting traded for Jrue but still..

Bender we took over Murray..

Jackson we took over Fox, Smith, Markkanen
I was even OK we took two power forwards. Both Bender and Chriss were NOT sure things. The thinking was if ONE of them worked out, we had our PF to build on. Still think both guys need more time to develop. Definitely Bender. Not as sure about Chriss since I don't watch him as much.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I just read an NBA rumor the knick's RJ Barret pick may be looking to trade Barrett already.

Last edited:

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Reddish has every tools to be a superstar, he is long, athletic, has a good stroke and instincts, but he had such a terrible season at Duke.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Reddish has every tools to be a superstar, he is long, athletic, has a good stroke and instincts, but he had such a terrible season at Duke.

I'm warming to the idea of Reddish, especially if we trade Warren and especially if Reddish grows into stretch 4 size. Culver is hands down my worst case scenario at 6.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would be so scared of drafting him. But I am willing to listen to any explanations regarding why he had such a bad season. One knock on him is motor. I am not sure I want touch any more players with "motor" issues after dealing with Chriss and Ayton.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
he was not that terrible

People are stuck on his FG% when he took 9 3s per 36 minutes.

His projected 3pt% is excellent at 38% regardless.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
he was not that terrible

People are stuck on his FG% when he took 9 3s per 36 minutes.

His projected 3pt% is excellent at 38% regardless.

Even if you deduct his 3P's, he shot under 40% from the field. He had more turnovers than assists.

That was a terrible season, no doubt.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I would bet my house that a player will be available with the 6th pick that will be a star in 3 years. I would not bet my house that the Suns will be able to identify and select this player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson