Suns Get The 6th Pick

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see the connection with Klutch and Rich Paul but I don't think the Lakers would promise him anything this early, not with them eyeing a possible AD trade with NO. If anything, it could be the Suns or the Bulls that promised him they would pick him if he was available at their pick IMO.

They are not getting AD.

They cannot offer as much as they already did due to Ingram's injury, and Boston is willing to do whatever it takes.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
They are not getting AD.

They cannot offer as much as they already did due to Ingram's injury, and Boston is willing to do whatever it takes.

Who really knows, nothing is certain when it comes to a superstar being traded as we all know.

Will be interesting to see where AD ends up at once the smoke clears this off-season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who really knows, nothing is certain when it comes to a superstar being traded as we all know.

Will be interesting to see where AD ends up at once the smoke clears this off-season.

Gambo was just saying he is hearing AD is likely to go wherever Kyrie goes. He was saying kyrie and him could go to the nets, with the nets trading Russell back

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo was just saying he is hearing AD is likely to go wherever Kyrie goes. He was saying kyrie and him could go to the nets, with the nets trading Russell back
Wow! No Lebron, even though they have the same agent? If I was AD, Pelicans starting to look good. Got a PG and PF.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Been on the Lakers forum. Saw Garland mentioned a few times, but it seems Hunter is the most popular pick.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has it been tested? I mean, they’ve had the projection for some time. Do they actually accurate project to players actual shooting percentages in the nba? If not, it’s just made up silliness. I can create an algorithm. Doesn’t mean it carries any validity.
I have no idea. Its just out there.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow! No Lebron, even though they have the same agent? If I was AD, Pelicans starting to look good. Got a PG and PF.

AD's agents last night already told Pelicans he still wants to be traded.

Their is also talk of him going to the Knicks with Kyrie and Durant. I don't see how the knicks have enough to trade though- Barrett and what else?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Been on the Lakers forum. Saw Garland mentioned a few times, but it seems Hunter is the most popular pick.

Well I hope they are right - but fans aren't making the decision, and Hunter looks very pedestrian to me, whereas Garland has some star potential.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would be fine with Garland, Hunter, White or a trade for a decent veteran point guard or power forward using #6. Anything else would infuriate me.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Their is also talk of him going to the Knicks with Kyrie and Durant. I don't see how the knicks have enough to trade though- Barrett and what else?
They have the number three pick to trade, and they have Deandre Jordan and Dennis Smith Jr. Maybe they get the Suns involved with the Milwaukee pick for one of their PGs and other players to add to the pot from us? Or another third or fourth team?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Barrett, DSJ and picks. NO then sends us Holiday for a bunch of young pieces.

NO then has something like:

Zion
Barrett
DSJ
Warren, Bridges?
4 firsts to rebuild.

Suns have

Book
Oubre
Ayton
Jrue
#6 PF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have the number three pick to trade, and they have Deandre Jordan and Dennis Smith Jr. Maybe they get the Suns involved with the Milwaukee pick for one of their PGs and other players to add to the pot from us? Or another third or fourth team?

Um - do you remember what the lakers offered?

Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubac, Josh Hart - and 2 first rounders - and they said NO.

That is easily twice the value of Dennis Smith, Jordan and the #3 pick. I just don't see how the Knicks can offer enough.

Nets could - and actually if that did happen since pelicans already have Jrue - maybe just maybe we could get involved in a 3 way for Russell or Jrue.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would be fine with Garland, Hunter, White or a trade for a decent veteran point guard or power forward using #6. Anything else would infuriate me.
White driv
Barrett, DSJ and picks. NO then sends us Holiday for a bunch of young pieces.

NO then has something like:

Zion
Barrett
DSJ
Warren, Bridges?
4 firsts to rebuild.

Suns have

Book
Oubre
Ayton
Jrue
#6 PF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I am thinking Hunter would be our "PF" at #6 based on current mocks.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Um - do you remember what the lakers offered?

Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubac, Josh Hart - and 2 first rounders - and they said NO.

That is easily twice the value of Dennis Smith, Jordan and the #3 pick. I just don't see how the Knicks can offer enough.

Nets could - and actually if that did happen since pelicans already have Jrue - maybe just maybe we could get involved in a 3 way for Russell or Jrue.
There was bad blood involved too. EVERYONE in the NBA said it was dumb for them to pass on that. They all noted they would NOT get a better deal.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was bad blood involved too. EVERYONE in the NBA said it was dumb for them to pass on that. They all noted they would NOT get a better deal.

Well even if that is true - there are several teams that can and will beat that offer by the Knicks - and the Pelicans are the ones with the power - not AD.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's all in how you view it. I think Boston could trump that deal and everyone knew that they'd have to wait for that. Now the package Boston could offer has to be pretty enticing for Griffin. Imagine building a team around Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and Zion. I don't know what picks they would get but Ainge has a treasure chest of picks he can offer. They could also include Marcus Smart. For a young rebuilding team, the Celtics can offer the most.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's all in how you view it. I think Boston could trump that deal and everyone knew that they'd have to wait for that. Now the package Boston could offer has to be pretty enticing for Griffin. Imagine building a team around Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and Zion. I don't know what picks they would get but Ainge has a treasure chest of picks he can offer. They could also include Marcus Smart. For a young rebuilding team, the Celtics can offer the most.
I also think there will be a willingness for the Celtics to blow it up and maybe take a step back for a season if that's what it takes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That would be an awful haul for Davis.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think Tatum is the most overrated player in the league. He is a decent starter but he will never be a star.

But yeah Celtics can easily beat any knicks offer.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Tatum is the most overrated player in the league. He is a decent starter but he will never be a star.

But yeah Celtics can easily beat any knicks offer.

I think Tatum got overvalued because of the playoff run in his rookie year and he came down to earth this last season, which turned a lot of people off. I think he's a solid starter and possible All-Star in time. His ceiling is probably around pre-injury Gordon Hayward with better defense, which isn't bad. If he's your 3rd star I think you could win a lot of games but if he's asked to be more than that then you're not going to be that good. Part of the problem with that is Boston is paying Hayward $24+ million a year to play ahead of Tatum. I think he was overrated but he's still a fine player that I'd prefer to Jackson and Warren, for sure.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Tatum got overvalued because of the playoff run in his rookie year and he came down to earth this last season, which turned a lot of people off. I think he's a solid starter and possible All-Star in time. His ceiling is probably around pre-injury Gordon Hayward with better defense, which isn't bad. If he's your 3rd star I think you could win a lot of games but if he's asked to be more than that then you're not going to be that good. Part of the problem with that is Boston is paying Hayward $24+ million a year to play ahead of Tatum. I think he was overrated but he's still a fine player that I'd prefer to Jackson and Warren, for sure.

Yeah I agree with all that.

I am talking about the national media saying he has top 10 trade value in the whole league. That is BS.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am afraid the Suns might trade the pic and who knows what else for Lonzo Ball. That would be a disaster because he's just not that good IMO. But, it wouldn't be too long because he'd be injured and not playing anyway.

The Suns are in a terrible place.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score

Gambo has no clue or sources. Just him speculating again. Not a reliable source of information.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think the Suns can get Hunter or Garland, this is not Terrible.
Disagree. I’ll be shocked if those guys are difference makers.

I am expecting an offseason of supreme disappointment and another year of disappointment.

Reactions: TRW

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson