Suns @ Bulls 11-21-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns continue their four game road trip with their second stop to face the Bulls in Chicago on Wednesday.

Game time is scheduled for 6 p.m. Arizona time and it will be televised on FSAZ.

The Bulls should be well rested since they last played Saturday but they are on a four game losing trip.

At least one team should get well.

Here is the preview of the game from Duane Rankin:

Outlook:
Phoenix (3-13) continues its four-game road trip against Chicago (4-13), which hasn’t played since its loss Saturday 122-83 to Toronto. … The Bulls have lost four in a row to Dallas (103-98), at Boston (111-82), at Milwaukee (123-104) and Toronto after a 99-98 win over Cleveland. … TJ Warren has scored 125 points in his past five games going into the four-game road trip that concludes with games at Milwaukee on Friday and at Detroit on Sunday. … Zach LaVine is averaging a team-high 25.3 points to lead six Bulls are averaging double figures. … The Suns are still winless on the road at 0-7. … Former Suns guard Shaquille Harrison is averaging 7.5 points in eight games for the Bulls. Phoenix waived him right before the regular season. Harrison, who leads the Bulls in steals per game (2.0), is in his second NBA season. …. Following Wednesday’s game, Chicago plays Miami at home before playing five of its next six games on the road.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ange-put-devin-booker-point-guard/2072883002/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled about Canaan starting again.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled about Canaan starting again.

Gosh I hope they aren’t this stupid.

They just almost beat Philly with a lineup that has good versatility, length, defense and spacing but now they may go back to this?

:bang:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gosh I hope they aren’t this stupid.

They just almost beat Philly with a lineup that has good versatility, length, defense and spacing but now they may go back to this?

:bang:

Supposedly this is based on information and not opinion. If true, it's getting harder and harder to figure out the Suns thinking.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm telling you, Kokoskov appears as clueless as Earl Watson when it comes to game strategy and line-ups. He even mirrored Watson with his following statement from yesterday: "That's the message for all of us, we need each other." (Posted at the Suns' Facebook page.) Ugh...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rotoworld's comments:

"Isaiah Canaan will get the start against the Bulls on Wednesday, according to John Gambadoro of Arizona Sports 98.7.

Lame. The Suns used Devin Booker at the point on Monday in Philly and used a three-SF lineup of Mikal Bridges, Trevor Ariza and T.J. Warren, and that lineup worked for the most part in a close loss. However, they'll go back to Canaan against Ryan Arcidiacono and Zach LaVine in the backcourt -- why not get more length vs. LaVine? This is slightly bad news for Bridges, but we'd still expect Bridges to win the starting job soon. Canaan is only worth a look as a deep stream."

Igor Kokoskov needs to be shown the door ASAP. He is only making a bad situation worse.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wait a minute. Do you or don't you want Booker as the PG??

Long term, I do not want him as the point guard. With the roster as it currently stands, a line-up with him as the point guard is the only hope this team has of being competitive.

What I want for the Suns to acquire a legitimate NBA-starting-caliber point guard to pair with Booker, so that Booker can play his natural position (both for the team's sake and for his own sake).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ariza will start.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cotton used to say gimme the 5 best players and I'll make it work. Igor seems stuck on a PG in the starting line up no matter how bad that PG is.

I loved the line up against Philly

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So...Mikal Bridges' excellent play is rewarded with a benching in favor of Isaiah freaking Canaan. And people wonder why this team is mired in an 8-year no-playoff slump...

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Hopefully Igor can lock in on a starting rotation soon, it'd be good for these guys to get some consistency.

It's probably an over-exaggeration but I feel for this young Suns team today is borderline must-win. Hopefully they come out to play.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is what I think, just based on performances and numbers, that coaching is trying to maximize each players utility.

Performance and numbers are great for Bridges when he started.

Canaan terrible off the bench and better starting.

So start Canaan since he isn’t any good off the bench and his play as a starter is magnified while being on the floor with Booker and Ayton.

Bridges off the bench since he’ll produce anyway but at a lower pace.

I’d like to see Canaan off the bench regardless of what he produces and be part of the deeper rotation like a 7-9 guy. Bring in that same starting lineup as the sizers game.

Like I said before, hopefully this doesn’t mess with Bridges’ psyche.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh I’d still play JJ over Canaan at guard too. Canaan is at his peak, and we have give JJ some burn to get him in a groove. Consistency is key for these young guys who aren’t fully established.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like we will see Shaq Harrison tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cotton used to say gimme the 5 best players and I'll make it work. Igor seems stuck on a PG in the starting line up no matter how bad that PG is.

I loved the line up against Philly

This seems to be true, about Igor wanting a point guard in the lineup, even if does not put the best five players on the court. I don't think anyone is thrilled about Booker starting at point guard but he is the best the Suns have.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton finally gets the Suns on the scoreboard. The Suns trail the Bulls early 6-2.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Canaan turnover.

Canaan misses the 3.

First possessions of the game all Canaan.

Bulls score on Canaan.

Maybe I just don’t like the guy but what’s really annoying is when he makes someone take the ball out. Just inbound it and get it back.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
So KRay tells us that Igor announced at a team meeting that everyone is a rebounder. Just as everyone is a distributor.

I wonder how Igor would feel if he is in the hospital and is told, "Don't worry. Every nurse is a doctor."

He or TC also said that the only reason Igor went bigger in the last game was to match the opposition. And now he is back to going small.

Did it ever dawn on him that match-up is catch-up? Winning teams make things happen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges is in the game for Canaan.

Canaan had 3 points, 3 assists and 1 turnover.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great play by Warren to take the pass and go between the legs in almost a single motion

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
So KRay tells us that Igor announced at a team meeting that everyone is a rebounder. Just as everyone is a distributor.

I wonder how Igor would feel if he is in the hospital and is told, "Don't worry. Every nurse is a doctor."

He or TC also said that the only reason Igor went bigger in the last game was to match the opposition. And now he is back to going small.

Did it ever dawn on him that match-up is catch-up? Winning teams make things happen.

1. So, should some players not rebound and distribute?
2. You are complaining about the Suns going "small" here, and if Booker starts at one, you'd complain about him playing point and overexerting himself. I swear you can't be happy if you are not complaining about something.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That’s not a good analogy about the nurses and doctors.

All they want are more rebounds. We need to start rebounding by committee.