Suns @ 76ers Saturday game thread, 11-4-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of BS they leave in some starters against the end of our bench trying to run the score up…

I'm glad the Suns bench gets to play with some of their better players.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm not mad - just disappointed - and I'm not worried - we can't microwave continuity - it'll be cool to watch this squad strengthen this year

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like we’re in for games like this the first month or so. Vogel trying to figure out rotations and players trying to learn how to play together. Got to develop some trust and chemistry with the group and be nice to get healthy, too early to panic.

You can’t develop chemistry if the pieces are always changing.

By now we should know what a player brings to the table and what their role is defined as. We have a staff of coaches working with these guys everyday. They should have a better formula by now.

The Lakers game was disappointing and that was 10 days ago. Not much has progressed since, in fact the team has regressed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

76ers 112 - Suns 100

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can’t develop chemistry if the pieces are always changing.

By now we should know what a player brings to the table and what their role is defined as. We have a staff of coaches working with these guys everyday. They should have a better formula by now.

The Lakers game was disappointing and that was 10 days ago. Not much has progressed since, in fact the team has regressed.
Takes time and with the whole team still unhealthy it’s tough. I’m sure the coaches have an idea what they want but the offense will be way different when you have your big 3 on the floor compared to what we are seeing now imo. Willing to be patient it’s not the NFL we have barely even started the season it’s a marathon, fans freak out way to early.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns have been so disappointing but every team would be struggling with their 1st and 3rd best player out. I just worry about the long term health of our roster and that this could turn into a season-long theme.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Book hurt again??
He’ll likely play tomorrow was just a quick turnaround from Thursday and an early game of a back to back m. Being cautious is the smart move, do not rush or have him play if their is any discomfort at all.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Traded away all of our defense. It’s a damn lay up line. God this team just seems so off. Like they are just going through the motion

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
no kidding - i think Vogel sucks - cant win w/o the favoritism of NBA/Refs with LaBron. I am OK with losing to the Sixers but getting smoked at home twice by a 10 win SA team is BS. What a I heard from the team was a 'real" training camp. it looks like it was a coddling club med session. Despite the bravado of KD and Book - looks like neither will be invited to play in the Olympics :p

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We shot terrible from 3 and the field that’s a recipe for disaster! We were missing layups and FTs all night as well you’re not beating anyone like that let alone the Sixers which will be one of the best in the league.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
By the time they decide Beal is "healthy" enough to play, the Suns might be looking up at a 6-10 record. It really is starting to appear that beyond their "big three," the rest of the roster isn't all that good.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
We shot terrible from 3 and the field that’s a recipe for disaster! We were missing layups and FTs all night as well you’re not beating anyone like that let alone the Sixers which will be one of the best in the league.
eh... i dont think so. a team of Embid and Maxi are not going far in the new East. Philly will be a 6 seed at best this year

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no kidding - i think Vogel sucks - cant win w/o the favoritism of NBA/Refs with LaBron. I am OK with losing to the Sixers but getting smoked at home twice by a 10 win SA team is BS. What a I heard from the team was a 'real" training camp. it looks like it was a coddling club med session. Despite the bravado of KD and Book - looks like neither will be invited to play in the Olympics :p
Getting smoked by a 10 win team twice, didn’t happen! They stole the first game with god awful officiating that allowed them to score on a late assault on KD not called! And the second game they killed it from 3 to build a huge lead and hold on in the end. Neither game was getting smoke get serious!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
eh... i dont think so. a team of Embid and Maxi are not going far in the new East. Philly will be a 6 seed at best this year
Embid, Maxey, Oubre, Harris, Covington, Melton and decent depth gonna be tough I’d say 3rd behind Boston, Bucks but possibly higher…

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Getting smoked by a 10 win team twice, didn’t happen! They stole the first game with god awful officiating that allowed them to score on a late assault on KD not called! And the second game they killed it from 3 to build a huge lead and hold on in the end. Neither game was getting smoke get serious!
up by 20 in the 3rd and losing is getting smoked

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me, imo, I can visually see the morale declining already.

I just had this conversation. When we had that young team for that finals run and the 64 win season following it you could see the chemistry the dancing the high 5s the energy, this is night and day. These guys look like a bunch of hired guns who got no interest in being here

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who’s all the defense we traded away lol?

Just from a few years ago Paul was a really good defensive player, Bridges and Ayton were really good perimeter defenders and McGee/Bizmack were both really good weak side rim protectors.

We were one of the best defensive teams in basketball and we let all that go without really replacing any of it.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Nurk missed a lot of 3s today

Suns were 9 of 35

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just from a few years ago Paul was a really good defensive player, Bridges and Ayton were really good perimeter defenders and McGee/Bizmack were both really good weak side rim protectors.

We were one of the best defensive teams in basketball and we let all that go without really replacing any of it.

You've wanted Paul out of here since he got here, basically. I remember you crowing on about how the Suns would be foolish to retain him when he opted out his first year. Now he's the first defender you name that we should have kept?

Mikal is a loss, however I seem to recall you talking about his defense regressing the year he was dealt for KD when he had more of an offensive load.

We all know you have a man crush on Ayton. How well your Center defends on the perimeter isn't winning a championship anywhere. He was awful in the paint and often not invested mentally.

McGee and Biz? I seem to recall you regularly trashing McGee and ignoring Biz.

I'm not surprised you went negative now that Deandre is gone but I didn't expect you to go full on revisionist, ala 1Sun, to try and make the point we suck.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You've wanted Paul out of here since he got here, basically. I remember you crowing on about how the Suns would be foolish to retain him when he opted out his first year. Now he's the first defender you name that we should have kept?

Mikal is a loss, however I seem to recall you talking about his defense regressing the year he was dealt for KD when he had more of an offensive load.

We all know you have a man crush on Ayton. How well your Center defends on the perimeter isn't winning a championship anywhere. He was awful in the paint and often not invested mentally.

McGee and Biz? I seem to recall you regularly trashing McGee and ignoring Biz.

I'm not surprised you went negative now that Deandre is gone but I didn't expect you to go full on revisionist, ala 1Sun, to try and make the point we suck.
Yeah what he said lol…