Suns @ Bulls Wednesday game thread, 11-8-2023

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here are Nurkic' stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He was good in 1-3 horrible in the 4th and was great the last minute of OT.

To me he looked dead tired down the stretch. Lack of depth at center is going to be a big problem

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whew

That was ugly. Like we just have a bunch of rookies out there eeking out a win.

Our offense sets suck. Seems like last years offense. Oh wait it’s still Kevin Young’s design. Iso KD while he’s already draped with Caruso.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Whew

Our offense sets suck. Seems like last years offense. Oh wait it’s still Kevin Young’s design. Iso KD while he’s already draped with Caruso.
That plan was obviously trying to get KD to the line. The problem was, once it was shown that the refs weren't going to call it, they should have stopped doing it.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good win guys.

Just want to report the team is not really happy with this win. I mean a win is a win but we made a lot of mistakes and the Bulls had a lot of help from the refs. Upcoming meetings will focus on limiting our turn overs and maintaining a lead. Everyone is getting ready to jump on this plane and head out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whew

Really glad Young wasn't made HC. The offense has been far from impressive. I know, we haven't seen the Big 3 together yet but for a supposed Offensive Guru, he doesn't seem capable of creating effective sets when 1 of the Big 3 aren't in there.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
2 things I liked from Vogel this game:
Went away from Gordon late and cycled in Goodwin when EG couldn't hit the broadside of the barn (Goodwin wasn't anything special on offense, but at least was more active on defense)
Had the discipline to keep Beal off for OT to keep him from being overworked.

Grayson should get lots of love for keeping the offense alive through some of those stretches, but KBD was just as (if not more) important with his defense. He was stellar today.

Also, Caruso is who I want Okogie to turn into.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s a nice laundry list of excuses for why we lost to a bunch of below .500 teams but no argument made why this shouldn’t basically be a pick ‘em game between a 3-4 team missing it’s best player against a 3-5 team at home.

None of which is to say we can’t or won’t win. We definitely can and I hope we do, but oddsmakers ain’t just giving us the benefit of the doubt… because.
Whew you were spot on here.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on why Jordan Goodwin is wearing a mask. He may have a tear in his jaw.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
That plan was obviously trying to get KD to the line. The problem was, once it was shown that the refs weren't going to call it, they should have stopped doing it.
"Trying to get to the line" is never a good strategy. The plan should always be to get a good shot first, and if they foul you, the line is the backup plan.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some final stats.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team looked like they were thrown off with Beal in the rotation. Also, seems like the Suns are really struggling getting our midrange guys free. We seemed more proficient last year and everything is contested. I will take the win though. Nurk looked good for 3 quarters and gassed in the 4th.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We traded DeAndre Ayton for Jusuf Nurkic and Grayson Allen who tonight combined for:

46 points
26 rebounds
12 assists
3 steals
2 blocks

James Jones for GM of the Year