Suns At Bulls Game Thread

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Phoenix Suns’ season-high seven-game winning streak has them moving up in the Western Conference, and with their next three games against sub-.500 East opponents, they have a great chance to keep climbing.

Derrick Rose(notes) and the Chicago Bulls, however, have been an obstacle for Phoenix in the past.

Last season’s Rookie of the Year has dominated Steve Nash(notes) and the Suns in three career meetings, and the two-time MVP may not be 100 percent as visiting Phoenix looks to avoid a fourth straight loss to Chicago on Tuesday night.

No West team has a better record than the Suns’ 21-5 mark since Jan. 28, and Phoenix (47-26) has risen to fifth place in the conference with nine games left.

Coach Alvin Gentry’s team has been peaking over the past two weeks, shooting 52.0 percent - 42.4 from 3-point range - in winning seven in a row by an average of 16.0 points.

Phoenix jumped out to a 22-point halftime lead at Minnesota on Sunday before holding on to win 111-105. Amare Stoudemire had a game-high 30 points and 17 rebounds, while Nash - who nearly sat out because of back spasms - added 14 points and 11 assists.

“This was an important game. If you lose this game, it could be disastrous,” Nash said. “So I just wanted to try and be there for the team.”

Nash is expected to play Tuesday, but that is likely contingent on how he feels prior to tip-off.

The Suns haven’t won eight in a row since Nov. 9-23, 2007. To match that run, they will have to play better than they have in recent meetings with the Bulls (35-38).

Rose has been the catalyst behind Chicago’s three straight wins in the series. He has averaged 25.3 points on 68.6 percent shooting against Phoenix and had a 32-point, three-steal effort in a 115-104 victory at the US Airways Center on Jan. 22.

“He’s already a phenomenal player, and I see him continuing to improve,” Nash said. “On a night like (that), he can play at a level that few players can play at.”

Nash, on the other hand, has hardly been at his best against Rose. He has been held to 9.7 points and 7.3 assists per game in three meetings, while averaging 5.0 turnovers.

Chicago’s quest for a second straight playoff berth appeared to be done as it lost 10 straight from Feb. 27-March 19. The team played the last four games of that slump without Rose as he sat with a sprained left wrist.

Rose returned March 20 at Philadelphia, and the Bulls have won four of five to get right back in the postseason race. He had 21 points and nine assists in a 110-103 victory over Detroit on Sunday, pulling Chicago closer to Toronto for the No. 8 seed.

“If we go on a streak for four or five games, there’s nothing they can do if they continue to lose,” Rose told the NBA’s official Web site. “We’ve just got to stay focused and not worry about them, just keep worrying about us.”

While Phoenix center Robin Lopez(notes) is out at least two weeks because of a back injury, the Bulls’ front line has long been experiencing injury woes. Joakim Noah(notes) and Taj Gibson(notes) have been playing through plantar fasciitis, which coach Vinny Del Negro revealed rookie James Johnson(notes) also is suffering from Saturday.

Noah has played the last five games after resting during the 10-game skid, and he particularly wants to be on the floor against the Suns.

“We’re playing against a better opponent Tuesday,” Noah said.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2010033004

Keep the win streak going, beat the Bulls but more importantly maintain the number 4 seeding while keeping the Nuggets at 5. It will probably be better if Nash sits this one out and play limited minutes tomorrow.

GO Suns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Bulls, despite not playing well, are still in the playoff picture, only a game behind the 8th place Raptors. So they certainly still have something to play for, and the Suns should not take this game for granted. We have to play better than we did against the T-Wolves to win this one.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2010033004

It will probably be better if Nash sits this one out and play limited minutes tomorrow.

Unfortunately the Suns are in no position to rest anyone on the road. They will need all cylinders clicking. Without Lopez the Suns defense is really weakened. The Suns may have to look at their offense even more to get wins down the stretch.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Suns are in no position to rest anyone on the road. They will need all cylinders clicking. Without Lopez the Suns defense is really weakened. The Suns may have to look at their offense even more to get wins down the stretch.

There's a good reason I'm not a head coach. I'd sit Nash. I'd have Dragic, Hill and Barbosa bring the ball up court and then I'd hand it to Amare every single play. After he broke Wilt's single game scoring record I'd smile smugly and light my cigar.

We've struggled with Chicago in the recent past and I just don't know how much Nash will have tonight with his recently re-aggravated back problems. I still think we ought to be sitting this guy even if it means picking up an extra few losses.

Steve

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a good reason I'm not a head coach. I'd sit Nash. I'd have Dragic, Hill and Barbosa bring the ball up court and then I'd hand it to Amare every single play. After he broke Wilt's single game scoring record I'd smile smugly and light my cigar.

We've struggled with Chicago in the recent past and I just don't know how much Nash will have tonight with his recently re-aggravated back problems. I still think we ought to be sitting this guy even if it means picking up an extra few losses.

Steve
+1000

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go Bulls!!!! They are mostly healthy again and have won 4 out 5 since Noah and Rose have returned.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the Bulls have dirty player

Really, you call that dirty? He had not even left he feet yet. Watch the replays for both plays that Dwight Howard took out Derrick Rose. Those were dirty.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really, you call that dirty? He had not even left he feet yet. Watch the replays for both plays that Dwight Howard took out Derrick Rose. Those were dirty.

I do, so did the Refs calling it flagrant against Bulls at home.He didn't even go for the ball or try to wrap him up, he shoved him.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Nash passed up several Amare passes for 3 and missed one wide wide open. His condition is worrisome.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash is hurting and he is hurting the team. Dragic led the team beating OKC at home. Dont know why they cant just sit Nash to recover.

Last edited:

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is torturous watching this team without Robin Lopez. At least he spells the offensive rebounding and destruction inside for periods of time.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 57-60 after the 2nd quarter. :( Suns shooting 46% with 7/15 3 pointers. :) Bulls shooting 52% with 6/11 3 pointers. :(

Suns have committed 7 turnovers (Nash & Dragic with 2, Bulls 5. :(

Suns and Bulls tied at 5 offensive rebounds.

Suns have hit 10/13 free throws, Bulls have hit 10/12 free throws.

Can we please play some defense? The Bulls normally shoot 45% with 33% the 3. :(

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, Grant Hill just showed signed of the players that at one time was one of the best.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
man, nash airballin'.....shots off for nash = back spasms and Nash needing more rest.

at least Jrich is saving the suns right now and am wondering when Amare is going to unleash the beast

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Nash with an airball, was an open 3 none the less..

J-Rich really has found his role on the Suns team. Would be sad to see him go now, we might actually get to keep him for a real good price next year when his contract expires and he'll have to sign one under the new CBA.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hit your free throws guys. :( Hill missses both free throws. :rolleyes: Suns down 78-80 with 2:32 left in the 3rd quarter. :(

Suns are hitting only 65% (17/26) of their free throws now. :rolleyes:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
erratic plays from Nash, Hill and Barbosa.......

no perimeter defense against Pargo and Murray.......

missing freethrows...

-horrible-

Barbosa = +/- -13 no surprise

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison