Suns At Bulls Game Thread

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns up 106-103 with 41.6 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Come on guys. Finish the game. Play some good defense.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pargo needs to be shipped back to Russia after letting Nash beat him.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns up 108-105 with 23.2 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Come on guys. Play some defense.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good games guys. You guys have too much fire power and should give the Lakers a run for their money.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Woohoo, way to grind this on out. CLINCHED PLAYOFFS SPOT! WOOOHOOO

GO SUNS!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Time to upgrade?

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns win despite playing pretty poorly throughout the game. Nash came up big at the end. Seems like every time he does something wrong, there are five posts here commenting on it, but when he does well we all just take it for granted.

cly2tw

Reaction score
we need Nash to be healthy for this kind of crunch time performance. Amare drew all the attention to make it a wide open shot for the last 3pt by Frye. We had enough defense to withstand the Bulls this time. good win.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Channing came up big when it counted. Glad to see he is not afraid to take the big shot in a close game. Like to see how the Frye bashers are going to react to his game tonight.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Good games guys. You guys have too much fire power and should give the Lakers a run for their money.

Bulls needed this.....with Toronto a slot ahead, the way Chicago is playing, it should be the other way around.

I like Rose's enthusiasm and that he said they were going to be the 8th seed playing against Lebron and Cleveland

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns win despite playing pretty poorly throughout the game. Nash came up big at the end. Seems like every time he does something wrong, there are five posts here commenting on it, but when he does well we all just take it for granted.

I agree he came up big towards the end but he played like crap all game. It is one thing for Steve not to be hitting his shots, it is another if he is hurting, so he forced himself to play and becomes useless come playoff and without him this team will not go past 1st round. He just needs to rest. Maybe he will get one tomorrow

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Suns basically got outplayed but won this game. Nash was a beast at the end of this game. Impressive win, even more impressive that we won a game while not being at our best. Keep on winning!

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He just needs to rest. Maybe he will get one tomorrow
The problem with that is you make an assumption that resting Nash now will keep him fresh for the playoffs, but the playoffs are still several weeks away. Unless you actually keep Nash out until playoffs start, which will most likely cause us to fall down to 7th or 8th seed, then giving him a day off here or there won't make that much difference, imo.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree he came up big towards the end but he played like crap all game. It is one thing for Steve not to be hitting his shots, it is another if he is hurting, so he forced himself to play and becomes useless come playoff and without him this team will not go past 1st round. He just needs to rest. Maybe he will get one tomorrow

The Suns are not going to get a good seeding in the playoffs if Nash does not play... hurt or not. So the Suns would likely be dropping in the standings if Nash weren't playing. It's obvious Dragic cannot yet carry the load. Did you see near the end of the game where Gentry hugged Nash in a very affectionate way leaving the court (IMO) acknowledging Nash willed this team to a win in the final minutes.

Yes, Nash is really hurting physically. I don't know how he pulled it together to get the Suns a win. He clearly is not his self. However, the best the Suns can do for Nash is try to get a big lead early and hopefully not bring him back into the game.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow nice win suns I knew this game would not be easy with the bulls fighting for the playoff's, and the fact that Rose always schools nash for a lot of points. But great job by Frye hiting the clutch 3 with like 20 second's left that shot just looked good all the way :). Good win suns now lets get the Nets tomorrow no let down game!!!!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with that is you make an assumption that resting Nash now will keep him fresh for the playoffs, but the playoffs are still several weeks away. Unless you actually keep Nash out until playoffs start, which will most likely cause us to fall down to 7th or 8th seed, then giving him a day off here or there won't make that much difference, imo.

Well, it falls somewhere between logic and assumption but it wouldn't be unreasonable to believe that rest might benefit him. Also, aren't you making an assumption yourself when you suggest giving him a day off here or there won't make that much difference?

There's a part of me that just wants to believe the team knows what it's doing and if rest would really benefit him the medical staff would insist on it. However, it wasn't that long ago that the coach acknowledged that he wanted to rest Nash but that Steve wouldn't let him. That statement really concerns me given the current situation.

Steve

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
Really impressed with Noah's defense.. not surprising at all how much Chicago struggled while he was injured, guy's a stud.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a part of me that just wants to believe the team knows what it's doing and if rest would really benefit him the medical staff would insist on it. However, it wasn't that long ago that the coach acknowledged that he wanted to rest Nash but that Steve wouldn't let him. That statement really concerns me given the current situation.

It's the playoff run. Nash knows if he doesn't play the Suns slide down the rankings. It's not that Nash says he doesn't need rest. He does. Everyone knows it if they look at the fatigue in his face. However, fatigue is not so easily measured by medical staff or a coaching staff that know what it means to rest Nash (losses). Nash knows that everything the Suns have worked for the entire season (the playoffs seeding) goes down the drain if he rests. I'd like to see if the Suns could minimize Nash's minutes against the Nets but Dragic has to step up. Ideally if Dragic really is the Suns PG of the future he should even be able to start tomorrow's game. However, I think the Suns will at least need some clutch minutes from Nash.