Suns @ 76ers 11-19-18

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You didn't watch the game, did you? Bridges and Booker were both hampered by fouls.

I didn't, but even so, Daniels and Jackson deserve playing time over Ariza, and Okobo deserves playing time over Canaan.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn't, but even so, Daniels and Jackson deserve playing time over Ariza, and Okobo deserves playing time over Canaan.
How in the world do you justify DANIELS getting playing time over anyone? Do you even watch the game of basketball?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How in the world do you justify DANIELS getting playing time over anyone? Do you even watch the game of basketball?

Enough to know that Daniels is putting forth some effort while Ariza is not.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this should be our starting line up going forward. Booker is now our pg until we get another one.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Enough to know that Daniels is putting forth some effort while Ariza is not.
As you, I didn't appreciate how Ariza had given up so far this season.

But after his personal time off, tonight he was second in rebounds with 7 and second in assists with 5, to go with his 10 points. Pretty solid support for the stars.

Again, I don't support what Ariza had done previously, but I can't help but think the message he might have wanted to give Igor is, "When you start coaching properly, I'll start playing properly."

Just as some of us have felt (now, most of us), "When you start coaching properly, we'll start rooting properly." :) Think about it!

We couldn't do a damn thing about it. Perhaps Ariza did. It would take a veteran to pull it off. Look at the difference in the Suns play in the last few games.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No they don’t. Ariza played pretty well tonight, and Daniels did nothing.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I hate pulling the ref card but my god the second half was horrible. Even the 2nd quarter.
Such is the NBA. The winners learn how to hang in there which, eventually, get them their fair share of calls.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh until Booker stops reaching for stupid fouls and stops cheating for steals we will continue to get scored on in the paint. He’s also not switching and got backdoored again

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would have loved Butler in a suns uniform tho, although that “block” on Holmes alley oop was a foul. But that’s what he brings.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This game was better than I expected. I’m happy they’ve played Toronto, Boston, and Philly tough. There was some cold shooting tonight and a lot of foul calls the other way, but it’s easy to envision them overcoming that with another piece or two.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This game was better than I expected. I’m happy they’ve played Toronto, Boston, and Philly tough. There was some cold shooting tonight and a lot of foul calls the other way, but it’s easy to envision them overcoming that with another piece or two.
Trade deadline if there is no PG or PF of the future, upgrade of the bench players at a minimum!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about Mikal to end the last minute of regulation. That corner 3 with Butler in his face. The steals.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
game notes

1. all game, the foul calls were excessive -- many i didn't see. and travel calls and such.
if that's the way the NBA wants the games called, it sucks!
2. Ayton and Bridges started the game in a good groove, then were pulled because of foul trouble. most coaches do it. i wouldn't have. i mean, a few weeks ago Bridges wasn't even getting many minutes. now Igor's playing it safe because he may foul out? let him foul out.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let him foul out.

With a few exceptions, I usually think it's a mistake to sit someone solely for foul problems. If the player is on edge or is matched up with someone who is on edge, sit them for a few minutes. If they've pissed off a ref and are drawing extra scrutiny, sit them for a few minutes. But otherwise, every minute you bench them is a minute they can't play. You don't get to save minutes for the next game so use them while you have them.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
right. there are situations. but generally, taking a player out voluntarily because you're afraid they will foul out involuntarily is counter productive.

you would want someone like Booker available in crunch time for his clutch abilities
but, one could argue, if you hadn't taken him out earlier more points would be on the board and there would be less chance of needing clutch shooting later.

i do believe giving a player a breather when they screw up is helpful because it may effect their concentration.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree. when players pick up their second foul, lets say in the 1st quarter, oh yeah you bet the other team will try to draw the 3rd on them before the half. Same thing when they have 5. The opponent is more likely to have more confidence in scoring and attacking, they have a lot to gain by taking valuable personnel out of the game. It is to their advantage.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I disagree. when players pick up their second foul, lets say in the 1st quarter, oh yeah you bet the other team will try to draw the 3rd on them before the half. Same thing when they have 5. The opponent is more likely to have more confidence in scoring and attacking, they have a lot to gain by taking valuable personnel out of the game. It is to their advantage.

It depends on who the target player is. If it's a star, going at him backfired, because officials are more reluctant to call fouls on stars that will take them out of the game. A star player with five fouls can be more aggressive defensively than they would be otherwise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn