Suns @ 76ers 11-19-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Monday the Suns begin a four game road trip starting with the 76ers in Philadelphia followed by games against the Bulls, Bucks and Pistons.

The game starts at 5 p.m Arizona time and will be televised on FSAZ and NBA TV

Duane Rankin at azcentral gives a preview of the game:

Outlook: Phoenix (3-12) has lost five of its past six games after Saturday’s 110-100 loss to Oklahoma City, which is now 3-0 against the Suns. … Philadelphia (11-7) has won three of its past four after Saturday’s 122-119 overtime win at Charlotte. The 76ers beat Utah at home, 113-107, on the front end of a back-to-back before defeating the Hornets. … Suns forward Trevor Ariza has missed the past two games for personal reasons, but he has rejoined the team. … Philadelphia is 2-1 with Jimmy Butler after he was acquired in a trade with Minnesota last week. … Devin Booker posted consecutive double-doubles for the first time in his career as he’s had a career-high 12 assists in each of his past two games to go along with 13 points Wednesday against San Antonio and 16 points against Oklahoma City. … Joel Embiid posted 33 points and 11 rebounds in Saturday’s overtime win as he’s averaging career highs in points (27.7), rebounds (12.9), and minutes played (34.9). … TJ Warren has led Phoenix in scoring in its past four games (25, 21, 27, 23) after scoring 29 in an overtime loss to Boston. Booker scored a team-high 38 against the Celtics.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...wnplays-battle-76-ers-joel-embiid/2049479002/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will be the first game for Bridges to play in his hometown as a professional. Unfortunately most of the article is a paid feature.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am...less excited about this game than I was after the first game of the season.

But it would be awesome if Bridges has a great night. And I hope Ayton shows something again Embiid, who is going to try to bury him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Confirmed Igor says Ariza will start. No word on who goes back to the bench, but my money's on Bridges, even though that's a stupid idea.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Confirmed Igor says Ariza will start. No word on who goes back to the bench, but my money's on Bridges, even though that's a stupid idea.

Just reported that Bridges is indeed going back to the bench. I am done with Igor Kokoskov. At first I felt sorry for him being set up to fail and being given a raw deal in terms of no NBA-level point guard. But there are still other adjustments he can make at other positions, and he has been horribly inept there, in my opinion, and seems extremely slow to learn even the most obvious of lessons. He just isn't NBA head coach material.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn it Igor!!!!!!

No reason at all Bridges should be going back to the bench especially for Ariza

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Damn it Igor!!!!!!

No reason at all Bridges should be going back to the bench especially for Ariza

The ultimate reason I compare him to Mike D'Antoni (and not in a complimentary way). Favors veterans over younger players, even when the veteran players are stinking up the place and are being outplayed by the younger players.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Yes, this sends a bad message in addition to not making any sense. Bridges has outplayed Ariza and has earned the starting job.

It is becoming difficult to overlook Igors short comings.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Only one time all season have all five starters finished a game with positive +/- numbers. Ayton, Booker, Bridges, TJ and Canaan, in the SAS game they Won.

Clearly we need to break this starting five up. No sense in trying to build on something that has worked.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This could be a blow to a persons psyche, Bridges'.

It seems like he was just about to break out you know? Like how some guys come out of no where to surprise the league, Linsanity (not the best example as we hope for long term success), Mitchell for Utah and others who surpass expectations.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This could be a blow to a persons psyche, Bridges'.

It seems like he was just about to break out you know? Like how some guys come out of no where to surprise the league, Linsanity (not the best example as we hope for long term success), Mitchell for Utah and others who surpass expectations.
Bridges will be fine.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I suspect Ayton is going to get crushed by Embiid. Hope not but expect it to be ugly.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Just reported that Bridges is indeed going back to the bench. I am done with Igor Kokoskov. At first I felt sorry for him being set up to fail and being given a raw deal in terms of no NBA-level point guard. But there are still other adjustments he can make at other positions, and he has been horribly inept there, in my opinion, and seems extremely slow to learn even the most obvious of lessons. He just isn't NBA head coach material.
:thumbup::thumbup:

How to screw with the mind of a rookie.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I was hoping never to see Ariza on the floor for the Suns again, so I guess I can't watch this game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WTF? Why?

Is this a real question?

Ariza is a long time vet we paid 15 million a year for, and who we are likely going to shop for a trade.

Ariza needs to play, he is easily one of the Suns top 6 players, it is a lot easier to bench a rookie 15 games into his career.

Also who cares, all that matters is who gets minutes, not who starts.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Is this a real question?

Ariza is a long time vet we paid 15 million a year for, and who we are likely going to shop for a trade.

Ariza needs to play, he is easily one of the Suns top 6 players, it is a lot easier to bench a rookie 15 games into his career.

Also who cares, all that matters is who gets minutes, not who starts.
There's no question he's going to get minutes, nobody is disputing that. The problem is about having a player's back and the best interest of the team. At this time, both of those points are better served with Bridges as a starter.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I suspect Ayton will be in foul trouble all night and Embiid will be yapping all game as well as on twitter/IG post-game.

Hopefully Ayton will avoid being labelled as a fouling machine so he'll have a chance to get fair calls. I like how he's managed to stay on the floor most of the season. Not easy being a big man rookie. Oh yes, big men take longer (with regards to Doncic and ROY thread).

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I am not so sure. I don't think winning the starting position and keeping it should necessarily be that easy. He has to keep Ariza in mind as well. We don't know why Ariza started as lousy as he did, or how they do in practice (remember how AI lost one of his friends and people got down on him because he missed one practice?), maybe it is fair that Bridges goes back and Ariza starts, but by all means, if Ariza just jogs out there and is not into it, then please for the love of all things holy (Micheal Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson) play Bridges heavy minutes and maybe later put him back in the starting five.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I don't like it one bit. Let's just hope Bridges gets more overall playing time than Ariza.