Suggs Or Dansby???

TEAMPETE

Rookie
Reaction score
Alright everyone I know we all want dansby back but if he is going to want 25 mil guaranteed dont you think w can get suggs. I know Dansby is good but idk if he is 25 mil guarantee godd. So what you think im sure we can get suggs for the same money and he is a machine. I say suggs???

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dansby. Not even close.

OP
OP
T

TEAMPETE

Rookie
Reaction score
I agree but guys we cant afford to have both so if u had to choose one, who owuld you chose?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Says who?

We can but lets be honest. We are not going to hand out two 20+ mil gauranteed contracts, not with the other players the teams wants to deal with. It will be one or the other.

So with all things being equal I am taking the pass rusher each and every day and twice on Sunday. So its an easy answer for me, without a doubt Suggs.

But Suggs just isnt a pass rusher, he is excelent in coverage over the last two to three years.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Suggs.

Dansby is just playing for a contract right now (about time he decided to, tho!)

Last edited:

seesred

Reaction score
Dansby... He not only plays within the sysytem that he knows..but, he is still learning and young enough to inpact for many years.

GBR

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the team have enough cap space?? If so, both. Suggs would be HUGE IMO. Also, we have to try and keep Dansby.

My ultimate hope is that Whiz brings some of that scouting expertise over with him from the Steelers. The Steelers have sent more linebackers to the probowl in the last 20 years then any team bar none. They amaze me with the fact they have let so many pro bowl linebackers go only to replace them with players you have never heard of .....that turn into pro bowl linebackers.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We can but lets be honest. We are not going to hand out two 20+ mil gauranteed contracts, not with the other players the teams wants to deal with. It will be one or the other.

So with all things being equal I am taking the pass rusher each and every day and twice on Sunday. So its an easy answer for me, without a doubt Suggs.

But Suggs just isnt a pass rusher, he is excelent in coverage over the last two to three years.

My only question would be who do you replace Dansby with? Highsmith?

If Kurt decided to retire could we not afford both?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Much, much harder to find a dominent pash rusher who can stop the run and drop back into coverage than a competent WILB IMO.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

Again its isnt about being able to afford. We can afford both and Warner.

Its a matter of how much gauranteed money we will shell out in one offseason. Ask yourself this and consider we are trying emulate Pitt. concerning drafting and free agency. Would Pitt spend over 40 mill in gauranteed on two LB's in one offseason? No they wouldnt.

As for replacement, you do like any other good playoff team does, you plug and play. Bring in another guy, draft another guy, put in another guy who is already on the team.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Dansby... He not only plays within the sysytem that he knows..but, he is still learning and young enough to inpact for many years.

GBR

Suggs also knows the system, the Ravens as well also play a 3-4 hyrbrid where Suggs puts his hand on the ground often. Also is age really a factor when Suggs is 26 and Dansby is 27.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Much, much harder to find a dominent pash rusher who can stop the run and drop back into coverage than a competent WILB IMO.

That to.;)

Do you want to try and find a complete 3-4 OLB, which we do need to find. Plus 4-3 OLB and 3-4 ILB's are two positions in the league where rookies excell at the fastest, they can come in and make a difference right away. Just look at the last 6 or so rookie of the years and their runner ups. Where with 3-4 OLB/DE hybrid types take some time because they are learning a whole new position either because they have never played with their hand off the ground or dropped back into coverage or they ahve never had their hand on the ground and only know standing up.

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suggs also knows the system, the Ravens as well also play a 3-4 hyrbrid where Suggs puts his hand on the ground often. Also is age really a factor when Suggs is 26 and Dansby is 27.
Great points. Also I think it is worth mentioning that Suggs has NEVER missed a game.

Reaction score
My ultimate hope is that Whiz brings some of that scouting expertise over with him from the Steelers. The Steelers have sent more linebackers to the probowl in the last 20 years then any team bar none. They amaze me with the fact they have let so many pro bowl linebackers go only to replace them with players you have never heard of .....that turn into pro bowl linebackers.
Your own words ought to give you a clue that it's more the system than the individuals...

OP
OP
T

TEAMPETE

Rookie
Reaction score
I think clark haggans can step into that spot?? Hes pretty good. but even if we dont sign kurt there is no reason to throw that much guarantee money at that positoin. We have lots of other needs. That would not be a good idea ti do that at all

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My only concern is breaking up the core. Dansby is the captain of the D and best friends with AW. You don't get any more core than that. I do agree that we need a pass rushing OLB and Suggs fits the bill perfectly but keeping the core together is just as important.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Dansby. He's better in pass coverage, better against the run and is more capable of fitting the Cardinal system than Suggs for those reasons mentioned above. Pass rushing wise, he's capable of putting up big sack totals but is better suited for the role he has now. Plus, he's yet to reach his full potential, whereas Suggs has reached what he's capable of doing (which is damn good I might add).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson