Spurs complain, league moves Duncan back to PF

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
http://http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/11/21/bc.bkn.duncan.all.star.ap/index.html

Duncan gets All-Star boost
Spurs star moved from center to forward on bal
lot

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NBA shifted Tim Duncan from center to forward on its All-Star ballot on Wednesday, boosting the San Antonio player's chances of making his ninth consecutive start.

The seven-member media panel that selected the players for the original ballot had Duncan as a center, even though he has always been listed as a forward. He was voted to start for the Western Conference each of the last eight seasons, but that streak would have been in jeopardy if he was a center.

Houston center Yao Ming gets overwhelming support from China and has been elected to start every year of his career. He received the highest vote total in history in 2005, and the fourth-highest ever last season.

"I think Tim would've done his job to the best of his ability no matter what category he's in. He just goes and plays," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said in San Antonio. "It's great that they did that, though, it makes total sense and we're thrilled that they made that change. That's what he's been, he's been that way (a power forward) for 10 years. There's no reason to change it."

Though the paper ballots can't be changed, Duncan will be moved to forward on the online ballot on www.nba.com. All votes he has received or receives in the future will be credited toward him at forward.

The All-Star game is Feb. 17 in New Orleans.
Once again, it's not whining when the Spurs do it.

Amare plays about as much PF as Duncan does. When are they going to move Amare to PF? Are they planning to move 6'9" McGrady to forward this year so that Nash can start? :lol:

HooverDam

Reaction score
I understand why they do fan voting, however, I'd rather let 'experts' decide. That being said, the fans do seem to enjoy it. So, I think they should let the fans vote, then secretly throw all of the ballots in the trash, and just put the best team out on the floor and make up a bunch of voting numbers that seem believable.

Its worked for the US Government anyhow :p

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why this is whining. It's the position that he's pretty much held with the team his whole career. I couldn't understand why he was listed as a C in the ballot in the first place. Duncan is a C that plays PF. Amare is a PF that plays C, so the updated online ballot will be correct.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm not sure why this is whining. It's the position that he's pretty much held with the team his whole career. I couldn't understand why he was listed as a C in the ballot in the first place. Duncan is a C that plays PF. Amare is a PF that plays C, so the updated online ballot will be correct.
I agree.

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's all due to the silly way they designate players. Centers and forwards used to play totally different styles. They don't now. Likewise, small forwards are more like shooting guards than they they are power forwards.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It's all due to the silly way they designate players. Centers and forwards used to play totally different styles. They don't now. Likewise, small forwards are more like shooting guards than they they are power forwards.
Except on the Suns, of course, where Small Forwards are Centers and Power Forwards. :rolleyes:

'Sorry, I couldn't let that one go by.

dbUNIT16

Registered
Reaction score
Yao is always hurt at the break anyways. Duncan would've probably started at center, maybe Amare can now! Get hurt Yao!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Actually, they're nude photos....
& Pops keeps 'em in Duncan's basement.
What do you say we get organized & send a team in there to recover them? You know, a covert-ops consisting of highly trained SUNS fans.:jedi:
Are your initials O.J., mojo? :D

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Eh..who cares? It's an exhibition and I'd rather our players rest then waste their energy on a dunk contest of a game. Cool

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Actually, they're nude photos....
& Pops keeps 'em in Duncan's basement.
What do you say we get organized & send a team in there to recover them? You know, a covert-ops consisting of highly trained SUNS fans.:jedi:

Found it!

Attachments

• stern.JPG
    stern.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 73

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard