Spurs at Suns - 12:30 ABC

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great win! :)

Why couldn't they play this way earlier in the series, particularly in game 3 though?

The last 9 minutes were pretty crappy.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Wonder what happened with the Technical and Amare? Why was D'antoni thrown out? What's funny was that the crowd was cheering when he did....I think they were just cheering as appreciation coming from home court fans and that he was being resiliant towards a zebra.

For me though, I would have been cheering just to have him outta here! LOL.;)

Wow, Doris looked like Boris today, and he showed up. So did Bell, putting Diaw on Parker was great! That's something I will give DA credit for, smooth move.
Everyone's right....if Stoudamare doesn't score as much in the first half, we end up winning...what's up with that?

Another note, I was freaking out in the 4th quarter, what did we score like...5 points? WTF?!?

anyways, I was proven wrong this game and that's exactly what I wanted...way to go Suns and way to show some more tenacity and heart! Even Popazits credited the suns about this and respected the way we came out and played...good job!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Why are Bell and Amare back in the game??????

Just shows how big an idiot D'Antoni is.
that's what I was wondering. Pop waved the white flag and coach D is giving no quarter I guess. the problem is what if there was a hip check or amare got hurt or something. that was the time to play those young guys in an actual playoff game. what was he thinking? I've never once been critical of the HC for the suns other than some of his comments after a game.....but that bafflled me.

Last edited:

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
The commentators were also talking about pops talking and laughing with one of the refs.....what was that all about? (me thinks it has to do with dantoni getting tossed)

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Maybe it was to boost the confidence of key guys? Who knows...they kinda took the whole 4th quarter off because they had such a big lead heading into it...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The only reason Amare was still in the game was because he never had a rhythm the entire night and I'm thinking the Suns wanted him to have some sort of confidence going into the next game. We won't win in San Antonio if Amare only scores 7 points. Count on that. That move (or non-move) was strictly a confidence thing for Amare. Not too sure about Bell.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Maybe it was to boost the confidence of key guys? Who knows...they kinda took the whole 4th quarter off because they had such a big lead heading into it...
and you boost that confidence by sending them out there against bench players that rarely play? at that point I would of sat: diaw, barbosa, bell, and amare.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
I think it was the (11-0) run the spurs were going at, and Phoenix shooting ALL perimeter shots and missing EVERYTHING in the 4th quarter with the exception of another Bell ringer....we scored what....7 points in the 4th quarter it seems like? Cheese and Rice!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The only reason Amare was still in the game was because he never had a rhythm the entire night and I'm thinking the Suns wanted him to have some sort of confidence going into the next game. We won't win in San Antonio if Amare only scores 7 points. Count on that. That move (or non-move) was strictly a confidence thing for Amare. Not too sure about Bell.
ok I understand the 7 pts......but that won't happen too often. I think this team needs the scoring to be the way it was today. amare scoring 40 for this team hasn't exactly been the difference for this team when they play the spurs. the difference has been when the other role players play like they did today. that's why they beat the spurs in the regular season when amare and shaq were on the bench in foul trouble. that last game in SA.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
ok I understand the 7 pts......but that won't happen too often. I think this team needs the scoring to be the way it was today. amare scoring 40 for this team hasn't exactly been the difference for this team when they play the spurs. the difference has been when the other role players play like they did today. that's why they beat the spurs in the regular season when amare and shaq were on the bench in foul trouble. that last game in SA.

But again, we're not going to win Game 5 in San Antonio if Amare scores only 7 points. It's that simple.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think it was the (11-0) run the spurs were going at, and Phoenix shooting ALL perimeter shots and missing EVERYTHING in the 4th quarter with the exception of another Bell ringer....we scored what....7 points in the 4th quarter it seems like? Cheese and Rice!
30 point lead.....it would of took the spurs getting a stop every time......and the spurs making a 3 on every offensive sequence....and even then they probably would of run out of time. that was a point where the coach should of cleared his bench and given all of his impact players a rest.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
But again, we're not going to win Game 5 in San Antonio if Amare scores only 7 points. It's that simple.
I agree with you. but did amare even score late? what was he going to do that would carry over to the next game? he will not score 7 points in the next game. and if he does it just means that the suns other players played so well that they didn't need his points.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Also remember, there isn't a team in the NBA as good at giving up huge leads in a single quarter than the Suns. I think caution was necessary because of the nature of the Suns. It happened in games 1 and 2 of this series, after all.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
30 point lead.....it would of took the spurs getting a stop every time......and the spurs making a 3 on every offensive sequence....and even then they probably would of run out of time. that was a point where the coach should of cleared his bench and given all of his impact players a rest.

Not arguing....but the Spurs did get a stop almost every time as the Suns were missing so many shots, thus not adding on to the totem pole of a lead....but slowly having it hacked, 2 or 3 points at a time. Fouls also would have hurt us as it stopped the clock and scored for SA.

A coach WITH A BRAIN would have cleared his bench and given all of his impact players a rest, but unfortunately...we don't have that advantage.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
And Amare lacks confidence or would for the next game???? That was simply a stupid thing. No need to risk injuries to key guys.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Also remember, there isn't a team in the NBA as good at giving up huge leads in a single quarter than the Suns. I think caution was necessary because of the nature of the Suns. It happened in games 1 and 2 of this series, after all.
C'mon Chaps, the game was over. Plain and simple.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Thats an ugly stat.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Okay sunsfan, I give up. Who's the guy on the far right of your signature? I did recognize Strawberry from the beginning, but I can't figure out who that other dude is.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Heh, that's funny, because I watch him play a fair amount and thought I knew what he looked like.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I don't get ABC, they nix the first 3 or so minutes of this game because the Lebrons were on still playing and then they up and cut off the game feed right after the game (I don't remember seeing Boris on tv)...maybe I am just forgetting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player