So is this it? We are not going to do anything to help this awful offense?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I was just thinking something similar. I wonder how much more is left, I wonder where our cap number is.

But it's also important to remember, Free Agency hasn't even officially started yet. There's still some talent left out there. Most of the big news guys are done, but we'll see.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was just thinking something similar. I wonder how much more is left, I wonder where our cap number is.

But it's also important to remember, Free Agency hasn't even officially started yet. There's still some talent left out there. Most of the big news guys are done, but we'll see.
Nothing we have done should stop us doing whatever we want yet in FA.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm afraid that LG will maybe be addressed in the draft and who knows what the plan is for OT. Does Monti really draft an OT with our first pick?

I hope that Tune isn't the plan for backup quarterback. Marriota would have been my choice.
What is the plan for WR?
As I watch hours of NFLN I have not heard the Cardinals mentioned once. Nothing, nada, zilch.
Having said all that I don't hate what Monti has done so far. This can't and I'm sure won't be it.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I found it interesting and strange to see what OGs are getting paid. I'm told that we shouldn't even think about acquiring a good LG because the position is not important.
With a draft that is reported to be the best oline group in decades some teams spending big bucks on OGs.
Hopefully that let's a quality one slide to us in the 3rd round.
It might also explain why there hasn't been a lot of action on OTs so far.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found it interesting and strange to see what OGs are getting paid. I'm told that we shouldn't even think about acquiring a good LG because the position is not important.

This is correct. LG is generally considered the least important position on the offense. Spending big on that position would be a folly. The Cardinals had trash at LG last season and still had a top rushing offense.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is correct. LG is generally considered the least important position on the offense. Spending big on that position would be a folly. The Cardinals had trash at LG last season and still had a top rushing offense.
Agreed. We still have a big hole there to fill, but not with a big money signing.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
This draft is rated as one of the best in recent memory and deepest at the 4 positions of greatest need. The team has 3 picks in the too 35 picks. Those three picks Will be used on either WR, OL, DT Or CB. Because the draft is so deep at those positions, the player at #35 at Any of those positions would Normally be draft 10-15 places higher

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm afraid that LG will maybe be addressed in the draft and who knows what the plan is for OT. Does Monti really draft an OT with our first pick?

I hope that Tune isn't the plan for backup quarterback. Marriota would have been my choice.
What is the plan for WR?
As I watch hours of NFLN I have not heard the Cardinals mentioned once. Nothing, nada, zilch.
Having said all that I don't hate what Monti has done so far. This can't and I'm sure won't be it.
PHNX crew has said Tune will be going into training camp with the expectation as the backup. On him to not lose it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think the offense was awful. It wasn't great or anything, but it was an offense that can win 10 games.

This was basically with Hump and without Hollywood.

I'm mostly worried about the tackle position. There's plenty of time to get that sorted though.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
With a draft that is reported to be the best oline group in decades some teams spending big bucks on OGs.
Hopefully that let's a quality one slide to us in the 3rd round.
It might also explain why there hasn't been a lot of action on OTs so far.
Part of that is because the strength of this stellar oline draft is at OT...there really arent any natural guards who project to go before late second round...but there are a couple tackles who will likely convert to OG due to things like shorter arms or slower feet.
thats part of the value in OT's in the draft..if they fail outside you can kick them in and still have a shot at a decent player. But if a natural guard fails, he rides your PS a couple seasons before selling used cars.
as a GM I certainly wouldnt drop major cash on an OT before the draft this season...with as many as 6 to 8 tackles who are likely going in the top 40 picks everybody will have a chance to get one.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. We still have a big hole there to fill, but not with a big money signing.
I don't really think it is a big hole to fill.

The dudes we used last year while not great, were still a part of a great rushing offense and didn't give up a ton of pressure.

To me it's more of a would like to improve, not a big hole.