Snap Counts + Thoughts: Week 16 at Bears

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Thoughts:
- Elijah Wilkinson seems to have taken back the lion's share of the snaps at LG.
- As little as we did in free agency, Zach Pascal's performance this year has to be a huge disappointment.
- Hope you guys are enjoying featuring Starling Thomas and Andre Chachere as much as we are. Those guys are key pieces of the next Cardinals playoff team. Rather have them taking their lumps right now while Marco Wilson and Kei'Trel Clark get zero defensive snaps
- B.J. Ojulari had 30 defensive snaps and 1 tackle. Good to see Cam Thomas get a little more action (3 tackles).
- Emari Demercado had eight targets (T-Lead with Trey McBride). Drew Petzing playing to the team's strengths.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
Interesting to watch roster decisions by a team that "can't afford a win"

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael Carter should play more snaps then Dimercado
The offense line was doing pretty good with Colon, but they restored back Wilkinson, who was beaten even by Gordon, a 190lb CB
Ojulari is the only guy with gardeck who seems to have a shot to get to the qb
I see luketa getting some snaps, don't know if at olb or ilb, but he looks lost on coverage and invisible as a pass rusher
Sterling Thomas... Don't know what they have seen on him to replace Clark, who showed in limited time to have something
Thompson and Hamilton are by far our best defenders right now
Injuries has been a factor to this defense failure but the choices they are making are questionable since it's getting worse week by week
At this point i hope coaches and gm were tanking on purpose

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ojulari not solidifying his snap% should be concerning. Same with Clark. Stills has been able to do so vs similarly poor competition. This is depressing even if not unexpected.
He offers nothing in run defense and thus can't stay on the field. I am definitely willing to say it's been a disappointing rookie season from our 2nd rounder.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thoughts:
- As little as we did in free agency, Zach Pascal's performance this year has to be a huge disappointment.
I agree with the Pascal take. Really thought he would have more of an impact this season. He lost his starting job before the season started to a rookie. Then he did absolutely nothing when Wilson was down with an injury. Bust of a FA pickup.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Injuries has been a factor to this defense failure but the choices they are making are questionable since it's getting worse week by week
At this point i hope coaches and gm are tanking on purpose

This defense was paper thin depth wise to begin the season. As injuries mounted there just wasn’t enough decent depth to fill in. With 2 games left things will only get worse for the defense as I don’t believe any of the currently injured players are slated to return.

This is one of the biggest issues that needs to be addressed this offseason. Obviously there are several starters that need to be added to the defense but the overall depth of the defense must be addressed.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This defense was paper thin depth wise to begin the season. As injuries mounted there just wasn’t enough decent depth to fill in. With 2 games left things will only get worse for the defense as I don’t believe any of the currently injured players are slated to return.

This is one of the biggest issues that needs to be addressed this offseason. Obviously there are several starters that need to be added to the defense but the overall depth of the defense must be addressed.
The roster(defense) was intentionally thin cause they never tried to make the roster competitive
Adding leftovers since free agency and leftovers of the leftovers after being hit with injuries
With a depleted roster we made the task even harder for our rookies
What we have accomplished with this strategy?
Nothing outside of a higher pick

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I agree with the Pascal take. Really thought he would have more of an impact this season. He lost his starting job before the season started to a rookie. Then he did absolutely nothing when Wilson was down with an injury. Bust of a FA pickup.
I expected a lot more out of Pascal, totally disappointed with his contributions.