Week 7 Snap Counts and Thoughts (RIP Chopper)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Thoughts:
Man, the bloom came of the K'Von Wallace rose really fast.

Dennis Gardeck certainly made the most of his snaps. Five tackles and a fumble recovery in 18 snaps. He must really struggle against the run, though, to get out-snapped by Cam Thomas (3 tackles, 1 solo, in 24 snaps)

If you can play Starling Thomas and Andre Chachere 100% of your snaps, you just have to. You have to let your stars shine.

B.J. Ojulari absolutely owning the 10,010,000 club (One tackle, 1 assist, no other stats). My man loves jumping on a pile.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think Petzing does a good job of rotating personnel and keeping dudes fresh/throwing looks at the offense.

I really don't understand Rallis's philosophy on rotating Edge players.

Apparently the coaching staff sees the same things with Leki Fotu that we have seen. Tumbled down the snap chart.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Petzing does a good job of rotating personnel and keeping dudes fresh/throwing looks at the offense.

I really don't understand Rallis's philosophy on rotating Edge players.

Apparently the coaching staff sees the same things with Leki Fotu that we have seen. Tumbled down the snap chart.
A current criticism I see for Monti's in season roster management is that we haven't seen a large influx of PS DL to try and find someone who can plug the middle.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
A current criticism I see for Monti's in season roster management is that we haven't seen a large influx of PS DL to try and find someone who can plug the middle.
I dunno. We have three dudes down there now. I wonder if this defense is especially demanding on DL and ILBs, so it takes more time to get them onboarded.

I also think that above-replacement level DL are a little more expensive than we want to pay for right now. We're not trying to win; the best way to ensure we don't is keep the cupboard bare in the middle of the defense. We disagree about whether Zach Allen is better than the L.J. Collier types, but those guys are out there if you want them (the Collier types).

I think we're just trying to see if we can churn up some gems among the Roy Lopezes and and Kevin Strongs and get some value.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I dunno. We have three dudes down there now. I wonder if this defense is especially demanding on DL and ILBs, so it takes more time to get them onboarded.

I also think that above-replacement level DL are a little more expensive than we want to pay for right now. We're not trying to win; the best way to ensure we don't is keep the cupboard bare in the middle of the defense. We disagree about whether Zach Allen is better than the L.J. Collier types, but those guys are out there if you want them (the Collier types).
Zach Allen is obviously better than L.J. Collier, we don't disagree there.

I would have categorized myself as a Zach Allen fan, but his contract is pretty rich for a DL who is just above average. Smart teams find Zach Allen type production for middling contracts.
I think we're just trying to see if we can churn up some gems among the Roy Lopezes and and Kevin Strongs and get some value.
I'd like to see more churn. Fotu obviously can't do what the coaches want him to do.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this.

I have no idea what happened with Wallace, but like you said, it went fast.

Also...the defensive list is so depressing. Feels like the evaluation of this group is done. None of them are particularly good. Essentially we need 5, front-5 starters.
Gardeck having fewer snaps than Ojulari is certainly something that definitely happened during a football game that was played on Sunday.

Strong, Ledbetter, and Stills are all guys who can probably play on a playoff team, on like 20% of the snaps on a rotation. Ledbetter and Stills are under contract in 2024.

OLBs situation is a little mystifying. Sanders is out. Cam Thomas isn't doing anything. Ojulari looks the exact same every snap. Rob Rodriguez was the DL coach at Arizona State and knows Gannon from when they were with the Vikings together. I really thought we'd be okay at EDGE in 2024, but it seems like we're gonna need help there, two. Maybe a veteran and one of those picks in the first three rounds.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Gardeck having fewer snaps than Ojulari is certainly something that definitely happened during a football game that was played on Sunday.

Strong, Ledbetter, and Stills are all guys who can probably play on a playoff team, on like 20% of the snaps on a rotation. Ledbetter and Stills are under contract in 2024.

OLBs situation is a little mystifying. Sanders is out. Cam Thomas isn't doing anything. Ojulari looks the exact same every snap. Rob Rodriguez was the DL coach at Arizona State and knows Gannon from when they were with the Vikings together. I really thought we'd be okay at EDGE in 2024, but it seems like we're gonna need help there, two. Maybe a veteran and one of those picks in the first three rounds.
re: Gardeck. He is the one who gets hut most when games get out of hand. He just can't hold up against the run.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
re: Gardeck. He is the one who gets hut most when games get out of hand. He just can't hold up against the run.
It's truly wild how narrow the definition of "in hand" gets for this team. We were within one score for the entirety of this game until there were 2:17 in the fourth quarter.

Seattle had 32 rushing attempts against 24 pass attempts. In the entire game the Hawks faced a 3rd and 6 or more four times.

Look at this sequence:

Four consecutive first downs!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's truly wild how narrow the definition of "in hand" gets for this team. We were within one score for the entirety of this game until there were 2:17 in the fourth quarter.

Seattle had 32 rushing attempts against 24 pass attempts. In the entire game the Hawks faced a 3rd and 6 or more four times.

Look at this sequence:

Four consecutive first downs!
Valid. I guess it would be more accurate is how game script dependent his snaps are. Playing teams like Seattle or SF who are run heavy will reduce his snaps, and even against other teams, once the Cardinals get down and the teams start running it more, he gets subbed out as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson