10 thoughts - Falcons game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would like to apologize to my dear ASFN family, that I am boring you with the reason that this column is late, and that it is not so well-prepared.

Last week, my Latin-American wife and our two children were denied a stay permit in Denmark, and thus, yesterday they travelled to England where they have never been before. They will have to live there for three months before they can come back, and we can try the process again. I must stay here to not being expelled from the Danish social system, while I am fighting to secure our future together.

I was in constant contact with my wife yesterday to try to help them through airport, to train ride, to takeover of apartment. I watched the game, but needless to say, I was not fully focused on it.

I am sorry for the hold up, but I wanted to get it out. Thank you for listening.

--------------

Congratulation to @seacow for having his first home game-experience. I envy you, and I am very happy that you got this game to start on.

----------------

1 –
You must be registered for see images attach

2 – Trey Playmaker McBride.

3 – The d-line get no push. Zip, zero, zilch. I hope that at least two of the high draft picks are used on the defensive line.

4 – Based solely on this game, I trust that Drew Petzing can utilize Murray’s strengths.

5 – They will win four games the rest of the way.

6 – Carter O’Donnell probably shouldn’t quit his day job, but he did hold his own admirably. Kudos.

7 – If Antonio Hamilton doesn’t break up that two point-conversation attempt, Prater doesn’t kick a game winner.

8 – Throughout the draft process, the consensus among analysts was that B.J. Ojulari was a first-round talent based on pass rush-skills alone. He showed why in this game.

9 – On that crazy scramble on the last drive (74 yards), Murray ran the fastest he has done since 2021. Oh yes, he is athletically okay to come back.

10 – Probably wasn’t my best move to jinx Elijah Higgins in last weeks’ column with that major drop in early third quarter.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I would like to apologize to my dear ASFN family, that I am boring you with the reason that this column is late, and that it is not so well-prepared.

Last week, my Latin-American wife and our two children were denied a stay permit in Denmark, and thus, yesterday they travelled to England where they have never been before. They will have to live there for three months before they can come back, and we can try the process again. I must stay here to not being expelled from the Danish social system, while I am fighting to secure our future together.

I was in constant contact with my wife yesterday to try to help them through airport, to train ride, to takeover of apartment. I watched the game, but needless to say, I was not fully focused on it.

I am sorry for the hold up, but I wanted to get it out. Thank you for listening.

--------------

Congratulation to @seacow for having his first home game-experience. I envy you, and I am very happy that you got this game to start on.

----------------

1 –

3 – The d-line get no push. Zip, zero, zilch. I hope that at least two of the high draft picks are used on the defensive line.

4 – Based solely on this game, I trust that Drew Petzing can utilize Murray’s strengths.

6 – Carter O’Donnell probably shouldn’t quit his day job, but he did hold his own admirably. Kudos.

7 – If Antonio Hamilton doesn’t break up that two point-conversation attempt, Prater doesn’t kick a game winner.

8 – Throughout the draft process, the consensus among analysts was that B.J. Ojulari was a first-round talent based on pass rush-skills alone. He showed why in this game.

9 – On that crazy scramble on the last drive (74 yards), Murray ran the fastest he has done since 2021. Oh yes, he is athletically okay to come back.

10 – Probably wasn’t my best move to jinx Elijah Higgins in last weeks’ column with that major drop in early third quarter.
I drove from Anaheim to Phoenix, Saturday afternoon, and then I got to tailgate and see the game on Sunday. I haven't gotten to do that in years, it was an amazing experience and I fortuitously choose the right game.

1. K1 wasn't quite vintage K1 and QB Rating won't back this up, but I thought it was the best quarterbacked game of the year for the Cardinals.

2. Trey McBride has been criminally underused this far in his career. I hope Murray starts looking his direction more because he could be the Cardinals best homegrown TE in over 30 years.

3. Agree, but I think there are three players on the DL that can play, Strong, Stills, and Ledbetter. Add some talent and the DL will be fine.

4. I kept thinking this all year, that Murray would have looked good in Petzing's offense. I believe the Cardinals would probably have 3-4 more wins if Murray had been available.

5. It's a possibility for sure. That is what solid QB play can do. I've loved Murray's attitude all off-season.

6. He was alright, which is what you hope for with backup players. I had hoped Wilkinson would be at least not terrible, but that wasn't the case and I would peg LG as an area to throw some resources at in the off-season.

7. This is true, but Atlanta got a lot of calls go their way.

8. I'm not a believer in making many evaluations on rookies. My concern is when they don't play at all.

9. He looked super quick. The top down view the Cardinals posted on Twitter showed how much faster he is than all of the players around him.

10. Rule of thumb: expect rookies to play badly or make mistakes.

On a personal note, I hope everything works out for your wife.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta go with @BritCard's suggestion of "Big Play" Trey!
Yeah, but then Conner runs into the end zone on first down from the 9 with 47 seconds left, rather than falling down at the 2. Or he scores on 2nd down.

As someone who started him on a fantasy team I was very annoyed because it was obvious he could've scored, though of course I understood the decision!

I think the Cards would've been fine kicking off up 4 with ~40 seconds to go, with Atlanta needing a TD to win, even with them having 1-2 timeouts.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even with the marriage she didn't get the permanent permit/Visa, I'm shocked
I thought scandinavian countries were one step forward
I hope u gonna solve this problem soon, wish the best for u

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O'Donnell Rules

Seriously though, he had the second highest OL rating behind Paris and his pass blocking score was really good. Probably not a long-term starter, but I think he can backup both Gaurds on a good OL. Hernandez was trash and was the worst rated.

Reaction score

--------------

----------------

1 –

No need for a post when you have all of that going on G. They are definitely more important than anything on this board. That's a lot of stress & I'm not sure how well I would handle it. I really hope things work out for you & your family. It sucks to be apart. I feel for you brother.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
We had 11 penalties for 112 yards. That would cost you most games. I believe on both of the Falcons TD drives we had penalties on 3rd down that kept the drive alive.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I drove from Anaheim to Phoenix, Saturday afternoon, and then I got to tailgate and see the game on Sunday. I haven't gotten to do that in years, it was an amazing experience and I fortuitously choose the right game.

That is so great, Krang! I am happy for you. Wish I could be there.

8. I'm not a believer in making many evaluations on rookies. My concern is when they don't play at all.

No, not many, but I do think it is fair to judge them already. I just think that rookies have become too important in the NFL. They should no longer get several years to get acclimated.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, but then Conner runs into the end zone on first down from the 9 with 47 seconds left, rather than falling down at the 2. Or he scores on 2nd down.

That’s a good point, Daves. I forgot that.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would certainly like to thank all of you for the support. It is a difficult situation, but we also have to make it work. Fortunately, England is not further away than I can go there for some visits, whenever I have the option.

I appreciate all of you. Thank you.