Sea/Phx

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
According to Chad Ford's latest mock (here), Seattle may be shopping the #4.

So, any thoughts on a possible

LB + 15 pick

for

Ridnour + 4 pick

I believe the salaries match up for a draft day trade but it's questionable if LB has enough value to swap picks. Maybe needs a Tucker or Strawberry to fill it out.

Ridnour has potential to be our long term PG, but is more likely a stop gap (he's already 27). More appealing is the fact that his salary is up in the fabled summer of 2010. I don't think we'll make a big splash but it's nice to have the option.

Losing LB hurts as his value per dollar is pretty good, but it gives us a chance to draft a pretty strong player and help the rebuilding process (Possibly Mayo?).

Longshot but if the deal is there I would think the Suns would do it.

Last edited:

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Mayo won't be there at 5. Maybe Bayless, and I love the kid... just not sure if he's worth LB. I mean, he could be another Arenas, but might just turn out to be another LB.

cly2tw

Reaction score
No to Ridnour who can't shoot or defend. Forget it.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Mayo won't be there at 5. Maybe Bayless, and I love the kid... just not sure if he's worth LB. I mean, he could be another Arenas, but might just turn out to be another LB.

Seattle actually has the number 4 pick, Memphis has the number 5 pick.

Minnesota has been rumored to big men (Lopez, Love) most of this draft season.

Add in that they already have Telfair, Foye, McCants and I'm not sure they want to go towards Mayo.

It is definitely possible he is there by the time Seattle picks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i'd go LB + 15 for ridenour + mayo, but only if mayo was indeed available (so no trades before the draft). i'd think that seattle would balk, but for the fact that with LB they get a still young, but proven veteran to go with their youth movement without gambling on another high priced draft pick (in mayo).

this is possibly one of the only scenarios that i've seen that makes some semblance of sense to me for both sides.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
i'd go LB + 15 for ridenour + mayo, but only if mayo was indeed available (so no trades before the draft). i'd think that seattle would balk, but for the fact that with LB they get a still young, but proven veteran to go with their youth movement without gambling on another high priced draft pick (in mayo).

this is possibly one of the only scenarios that i've seen that makes some semblance of sense to me for both sides.

No way that Seattle/Oklahoma City does that IMO - Mayo has star power and will sell tickets. Mayo+Durant+Green would make for a ridiculous young core.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
as a sonics fan i'd slap 'em if they did that ........ i'd take the potential of bayless or mayo over LB in an instant