Scooby Wright

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
ILB from Arizona declared for the draft

Early reports have a 2-3 round grade on him

Missed most of this year with a knee injury, but if you go back to last year, he was the best player on the field oftentimes-- sacks, tackles for loss, in coverage

He is listed at 240ish, so I am guessing timed speed is his issue-- but he plays like the fastest guy on the field

This isn't a "we must draft him!" Kinda thread, but pointing out a player to keep an eye on.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched film on him & I think he's kind of overrated.

If one of the four fell to us: Reggie Ragland, Jaylon Smith, Myles Jack, or Darron Lee, then I would be much more happy.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best defensive player in the country last year. If he's there in round 2 you take him in a heart beat. That injury is a concern.

153 tackles
96Tackles for loss
14 sacks

Unanimous All-American (2014)
Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year (2014)
First-team All-Pac-12 (2014)
Bronko Nagurski Trophy (2014)
Rotary Lombardi Award (2014)
Chuck Bednarik Award (2014)
9th Place in Heisman Trophy voting (2014)
Jack Lambert Award (2014)
New Mexico Bowl Defensive MVP (2015)

He pretty much won every award you can win for a defensive player. He's listed at 6'1 and in the 240s. That's 30lbs bigger than Bucannon right now. I think he would be perfect to take over that spot on our defense. He plays with great instincts and teqnique for a linebacker. We play a "smaller guy" at that position anyway and he's the definition of sideline to sideline

I hate the UofA but make no mistake that kid is not overrated you don't put up numbers like that and be overrated. That injury will push him down in the draft but I think if he's there in round 2 you take him.

I wouldn't mind linebackers in round 1 and 2

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We are lacking speed at the LB position and already have Golden and Okafor... if he has speed at the position sure, but if not I would not use a early pick on him in my opinion

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lobos put up 37 on them yesterday in a losing effot, mostly in the run game. You heard right, the Lobos!! A slightly above pathetic team!!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Wait a minute, let's step back men... habits are hard to break but the Cardinals are currently playing for something, let the Cowboys talk about the draft :)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
We are lacking speed at the LB position and already have Golden and Okafor... if he has speed at the position sure, but if not I would not use a early pick on him in my opinion

He doesn't play the same position as Oak or Golden, I see a possible Zack Thomas at best, but right now the NFLs 3-4 teams are going to smaller ISLBs.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
If we sleep on this kid we'll be sorry but I agree with Jetstream we can't worry about drafting when we just need to find ways to win this year superbowl bust year jmo that's how good we are

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I watched film on him & I think he's kind of overrated.

If one of the four fell to us: Reggie Ragland, Jaylon Smith, Myles Jack, or Darron Lee, then I would be much more happy.

Ragland and Smith are going top-10. I think there's a chance Scoob falls to 28-32.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Watched his entire career. He's an excellent linebacker with a great work ethic and a natural leader. Needs to get faster at the next level. Scooby will shine in the combine and during interviews with teams.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Watched his entire career. He's an excellent linebacker with a great work ethic and a natural leader. Needs to get faster at the next level. Scooby will shine in the combine and during interviews with teams.

Interviews...Yes he is a natural leader, but his 40 time will be that of Minter. We need speed at ISLB, and therefore don't think he'll be what we are looking for.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh he's a lot faster than Minter there two completely different players. Minter has always been a slow downhill thumper Scooby is pure sideline to sideline

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Oh he's a lot faster than Minter there two completely different players. Minter has always been a slow downhill thumper Scooby is pure sideline to sideline

We'll see Minter ran 4.7 at the combine. I think Scooby will run about the same. I think SW just looks fast, because he is playing inferior (not NLF)competition.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
We'll see Minter ran 4.7 at the combine. I think Scooby will run about the same. I think SW just looks fast, because he is playing inferior (not NLF)competition.

Not true. Watch the first game against Oregon in 2014. He was all over Mariota. Also manhandled Goff against Cal.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Not true. Watch the first game against Oregon in 2014. He was all over Mariota. Also manhandled Goff against Cal.

MM ran a 4.52 at the combine. Like I said we'll see he is coming off a knee injury, so that could have slowed him some this year. I think he'll run around the same time as Minter 4.7.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Scooby = Bruschi in almost every single tangible and intangible way. If we can get him in the second round we absolutely take him no questions asked. He is a Keim personality through and through. And he will be a Kuechly / Alonso type LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
First run at the combine was an unofficial 4.91

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redcoyote

Rookie
Reaction score
a 4.9 isn't going to help any questions about his speed. I agree that we need more speed at linebacker. I wouldn't want to spend a pick before the 4th round on him

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I take the opposite approach than most regarding the combine. I watch very little of it and take all the times with a grain of salt. If you want to know about a player you watch tape. There is the only place you will find if a guy is a true football player or not. JMO, but I will go by football instincts and desire, then speed, then size. Give me football players not track stars.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson