Saric Injury

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we could do worse for a back-up to Ayton if the price is right...

sure, if he wants to play for the vet minimum because he looked like dogcrap against us and has never contributed anything but empty stats to terrible teams.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drummond needs to lose about 15lbs of fat to be a positive asset to anyone

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the minority, but Saric has been pretty terrible the entire postseason and I think Kaminsky can play at least as well, if

I don't think they really need him.
Nether Frank Kaminsky or Dario Serio bring much time the table if anything. It's like playing 4 on 5 with either one of them in the game. You hate to see anyone injured. And you hope Dario has a fully recovery and maybe hook up with another team next year. They are both the weakest links in the Suns roster. And a lot of cash is invested in them Dario at $9 million per for 3 years and Kaminsky what 5 or 6 million to watch the games from his court side bench seat. The Suns will roll with the team they have in spite of Dario being gone and Kaminsky not offering much.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the Suns lose because of Saric's injuries they were a mirage and the critics will be proven correct that they lucked out in the prior series due to the other teams injuries.

BUT, I don't think they lose, even with this loss. Best wishes to Dario but he's really not been very good lately.

Suns in 5. They better be careful tonight.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
On a side note, I was blown away to find out Frank K was drafted before Booker - and now he's 3rd team. Is he really that bad?

Without Torey Craig I'm thinking he should def get more minutes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns lose because of Saric's injuries they were a mirage and the critics will be proven correct that they lucked out in the prior series due to the other teams injuries.

BUT, I don't think they lose, even with this loss. Best wishes to Dario but he's really not been very good lately.

Suns in 5. They better be careful tonight.

A team needs bench players to rest starters and keep the score close while they are out. The Suns are now down two rotation players in Saric and Craig. These players are on the roster for a reason.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a side note, I was blown away to find out Frank K was drafted before Booker - and now he's 3rd team. Is he really that bad?

Without Torey Craig I'm thinking he should def get more minutes.
The knock on him during the draft was that he would look slow in the NBA compared to college and would have to rely on his basketball IQ at the next level. There were questions how his game would translate to a much more physical NBA matching up to centers and many felt he was too slow to guard the PF position. They thought he might struggle to match up to either. I think the prevailing thought was that if he could turn into a 7 foot sharp shooter he could open the lane up for teams and get you some easy buckets around the rim. He just never materialized into starting material.

All those picks before Booker look really bad now. I think if the draft took place today, Booker probably goes #2.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any word on Craig. They said on the radio this morning that it was a "knee contusion". I was expecting an ACL. Maybe they havent done the MRI yet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any word on Craig. They said on the radio this morning that it was a "knee contusion". I was expecting an ACL. Maybe they havent done the MRI yet.

that didn’t look like an ACL. That looked like hard knee to knee contact that would create a bone bruise or something. I think he’s prob out for Game 3 but with so much time between games now, think he could be back for Game 4 which isn’t until the 14th.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that didn’t look like an ACL. That looked like hard knee to knee contact that would create a bone bruise or something. I think he’s prob out for Game 3 but with so much time between games now, think he could be back for Game 4 which isn’t until the 14th.
If Giannis can come back anything is possible. Besides, we don't need him to put starter wear and tear on that knee. He just needs to be serviceable. He is likely out for Game 3 but unless we get surprise news of structural damage he will be back IMO.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We really needed another big. Its too bad that Stix did not get more burn this year. We could use him right now, but he is just not ready to get any real minutes in a league finals.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Saric‘s father gave an interview for a Croatian newspaper saying that the surgery went great, and that when the doctors got into the knee it was better than expected and there is a chance that Saric could return by the end of the season. That means that the DPE will probably not be in play since the only way it gets approved by the league is if there is 100% certantly that the player will be out for the complete season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saric‘s father gave an interview for a Croatian newspaper saying that the surgery went great, and that when the doctors got into the knee it was better than expected and there is a chance that Saric could return by the end of the season. That means that the DPE will probably not be in play since the only way it gets approved by the league is if there is 100% certantly that the player will be out for the complete season.

That's good to hear about his knee being better than expected.

I don't think we'll apply for the DPE since it would rule out the possibility of dealing him. Not that he has value right now but his salary does hold value in combination with a rookie like Stix to match salaries in a trade.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.

For some reason there has not been much coverage about Dario Saric post injury.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was watching some video of Saric from 2014-15 linked in the Reddit posts.

If Dario does lose weight he may be much quicker than the Saric we saw the last two seasons. It may be good for his career.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this picture of Dario on Reddit as well.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It took me 6 months after ACL/MCL on the same knee till I could play 75% no problem. About 8 months all told for my knee and my head (took a while to trust the surgery).
I was 18 at the time so that may have made the healing quicker. Had the same Doctor as Joe Namath lol

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took me 6 months after ACL/MCL on the same knee till I could play 75% no problem. About 8 months all told for my knee and my head (took a while to trust the surgery).
I was 18 at the time so that may have made the healing quicker. Had the same Doctor as Joe Namath lol

This sounds about right and probably even longer for a professional athlete.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson