Saric Injury

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some video clips regarding the injury to Saric. I haven't heard anything new about his status as of this writing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Likely ligament strain related. But I'm just an arm chair doc.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns really need Saric so I'm hoping for the best.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No news is not good. And I’m going by what the Clips did with Kawhi

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the minority, but Saric has been pretty terrible the entire postseason and I think Kaminsky can play at least as well, if not better.

I would agree with this but the concern becomes if Ayton ever gets in foul trouble.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I figure this deserves tracking in it's own thread due to the Bucks size advantage.

I hope Dario can return, but the Bucks “size advantage” is meaningless when Portis and Lopez look like Porter Jr. and Jokic out there on skates. The only chance the Bucks have is to go small and play Giannis 30mpg at the 5.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the minority, but Saric has been pretty terrible the entire postseason and I think Kaminsky can play at least as well, if not better.
Disagree here. Frank is a walking bucket on defense (although less of an issue given the Bucks lack an elite primary initiator) and Dario is at least reasonably good at moving and recovering. Also, Dario had a 62% TS in his 147 playoff minutes so far—he is making shots. Frank has a 37% TS in his 42 playoff minutes. Dario also had really good on/off splits against the Clippers (best on the team, I think), which doesn’t mean everything but it reinforces the counting stats and eye test. The issue with Dario is that he is how shall we say “deliberate” in his movements and is often the sacrificial lamb so losers like Cousins get minutes. Casual fan eyetests tend to underrate him as such.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
“Can” being the operative word. He can also, shockingly, play worse. Last night he was a place holder for his few minutes. Almost had an offensive rebound. Almost.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
“Can” being the operative word. He can also, shockingly, play worse. Last night he was a place holder for his few minutes. Almost had an offensive rebound. Almost.
Saric didn't really do anything to effect the outcome of any game he played in. He definitely was a huge liability against Cousins. I just don't really see how Frank playing can be significantly worse. Saric is probably the worst player that gets much burn.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

The Suns were noticeably worse with Frank on the floor last night. If Saric is out, Frank is not the solution.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would agree with this but the concern becomes if Ayton ever gets in foul trouble.

If he gets in foul trouble we probably lose the game. Dario freakin Saric cannot remotely guard Giannis. Torrey Craig absolutely can do a better job than him, and would still get lit up.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns were noticeably worse with Frank on the floor last night. If Saric is out, Frank is not the solution.

Never has been. But we have beaten the James Jones screwed up not getting a backup big to death already.

Just going to have to play small, which I think we can still succeed doing against this team. But if Ayton can't play for any reason the Suns are doomed.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Frank. I do not think he is that much of a step down from Saric.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would agree but if Ayton gets into foul trouble it could be an issue. Frank and Craig both can get foul happy in their own right.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have been calling for more Craig and Frank anyway over Dario.

I think Saric is a big negative right now. He isn't doing anything well and he isn't big, nor quick, so he isn't a good defender in really any circumstance. His post game is weak and he isn't consistently hitting open threes.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr