Robert Nkemdiche aka "The Inactive One"

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a 1st round pick that Keim has made that actually is working out? I mean:

Jonathan Cooper-bust and traded
Deone Bucannon-Some would consider him a bust
DJ Humphries-Jury still out
Robert Nkemdiche-pretty much a bust
Hassan Reddick-Jury is still out

Not one impact player among them.

Bucannon and Humphries cannot be busts IMO. Busts are more like nkemdiche that have never contributed.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Is there a 1st round pick that Keim has made that actually is working out? I mean:

Jonathan Cooper-bust and traded
Deone Bucannon-Some would consider him a bust
DJ Humphries-Jury still out
Robert Nkemdiche-pretty much a bust
Hassan Reddick-Jury is still out

Not one impact player among them.

Aside from totally ignorant people, who else would be so misinformed as to call Bucannon a bust?? [emoji15]

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Depends on what we get in Rosen. Do we get an Alex Smith type who is decent and won't lose you games or do we get a Aaron Rogers/Phillip Rivers/Ben Roethlisberger type who is not only way above average but brings us success for years to come and maybe even a title. However, it won't take away from the fact that Keim hasn't drafted well overall.

Does Keim get any rhythm for parlaying the Cooper pick into the acquisition of Chandler Jones? :)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
RT is definitely a need, but man, if we were to finish somewhere in the top 5, I couldn’t fathom taking a OL over Ed Oliver, Nick Bosa, or even Raekwon Davis.
That depends on Humphries. You can't draft Rosen and then continue to put him behind a LT who can't stay on the field. Even if Humphries stays healthy this season, you have to have a legit RT, and one who can play LT if Humphries can't get over the injury bug after that.

However, I agree it could be tough to pass on some of the DTs who look like they will be available.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nah. He’s not GOOD. He’s not a bust tho.

EDIT: I don’t think DJ Humphries is a bust, either. He might even be solid, if he can stay healthy for 15 games.
Best part about Humphries is that he is still only 24.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Best part about Humphries is that he is still only 24.

I actually don't think that matters for another 4 years. Best part for his agent and family, because he could be seeking a third contract at age 29. The Cards' propaganda network is 100% in on Humphries; if he shows that he can be healthy, they'll give him a top-of-market deal. If he can't get healthy, he'll likely go to the same scrap pile that John Brown went to.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I actually don't think that matters for another 4 years. Best part for his agent and family, because he could be seeking a third contract at age 29. The Cards' propaganda network is 100% in on Humphries; if he shows that he can be healthy, they'll give him a top-of-market deal. If he can't get healthy, he'll likely go to the same scrap pile that John Brown went to.
Agreed.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the best highlight of his football career was when he jumped out of the hotel window

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Good luck with Kirk and...and a prayer that Fitz comes back to be a possession receiver...and...and...Bueller...Bueller...
DT, DE and OL are way more important. I'm not against getting a 3rd round guy, but investing a 2nd or 3rd rounder is kinda silly. That is why I didn't like the Kirk pick. I would have preferred us taking Isaiah Oliver, Lorenzo Carter, or Nathan Shepherd.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Good luck with Kirk and...and a prayer that Fitz comes back to be a possession receiver...and...and...Bueller...Bueller...

If Rosen produces as advertised, you can settle for a receiver in later rounds. The QB makes the WR more often than the other way around. We've just been spoiled to have Fitz to make garbage QBs look decent at times.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DT, DE and OL are way more important. I'm not against getting a 3rd round guy, but investing a 2nd or 3rd rounder is kinda silly. That is why I didn't like the Kirk pick. I would have preferred us taking Isaiah Oliver, Lorenzo Carter, or Nathan Shepherd.
I think Kirk also helping another side of the game in which we struggled mightily for some years now, Special Teams, deserves some leeway for that pick, tbh.

If he was one dimensional, I would agree more.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
No. Bryant was a #12 pick and held out, couldn't stay in shape, and had a drug problem.

Bryant will always be the worst draft pick in Cards history.
And yet pothead has more career nfl sacks!!! Lol

Think about that :bang:

I said it before & on draft day Bustdiche had no business being a 1st rounder & I'llgo to my grave saying it lol.

5 years of unproductive football now!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And yet pothead has more career nfl sacks!!! Lol

Think about that :bang:

I said it before & on draft day Bustdiche had no business being a 1st rounder & I'llgo to my grave saying it lol.

5 years of unproductive football now!

Come on... tell us what you really think lol

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

So you didn't even want Kirk? I won't argue that DT and OL are huge needs (DE doesn't even come close, and you're REALLY forgetting ILBer as a huge need), but you wanted Fitz and no other NFL quality receivers? Rooting for us to lose, then? Do you simply feel WR isn't an offensive impact position or something? Do you remember the old days when we didn't have any WRs?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If Rosen produces as advertised, you can settle for a receiver in later rounds. The QB makes the WR more often than the other way around. We've just been spoiled to have Fitz to make garbage QBs look decent at times.

Not really. Dan Marino needed more of a supporting cast and didn't win a SB because of it. You can't throw garbage/nobody players out there all the time and expect to win championships...unless you're Tom Brady lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson