Reggie Wells

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the headsup play that won the game on Sunday. If we make the playoffs by one game you can know in your heart that your first career touchdown was one of the most important in team history. We are 3-2 instead of 2-3 because of that somehow forgotten play.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I think we could all be served a plate of crow on Reggie. I am not sure i saw anybody post anything positive about RW going back to the guard position.

He has been a pleasant suprise. I would even go as far to say that the entire line has been the suprise of the year for me anyway.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think we could all be served a plate of crow on Reggie. I am not sure i saw anybody post anything positive about RW going back to the guard position.

He has been a pleasant suprise. I would even go as far to say that the entire line has been the suprise of the year for me anyway.

I think the oline play is overrated. The improvement in the running game is the result of the FB blowing up defenders and some great runs by James rather than any great line blocking.

The pass protection hasn't been that great either as our QBs have been under constant pressure and our starter has been lost for the season after only 5 games. Its only the improvement in the blocking of the RBs and the quick release of Warner that has kept the sack totals low.

Hey Skorp, how's that for sacrificing cockroaches?

;)

:stick:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the oline play is overrated. The improvement in the running game is the result of the FB blowing up defenders and some great runs by James rather than any great line blocking.

The pass protection hasn't been that great either as our QBs have been under constant pressure and our starter has been lost for the season after only 5 games. Its only the improvement in the blocking of the RBs and the quick release of Warner that has kept the sack totals low.

Hey Skorp, how's that for sacrificing cockroaches?

;)

:stick:

Leonard Davis lover. :)

seesred

Reaction score
O-line lost Levi which has hurt us. However we are ranked 10 in offense in the NFL through last week. Only 5 sacks. Every team has QB hurries from one degree to another. Fitz is 3rd in the league in recieving. Someone up front is allowing our QB to get the ball to him. Wells played well last year and is playing very well this year. IMO not a plaesant surprise at all. It was expected. Johnson is solid at center and Duece is going to be a pro bowler. We have injury problems now like every team up front. Once we get Levi back our line can compete with anyone IMO.

Proof is in the pudding( What does that mean), we played Steelers, Seattle, Ravens who all have respectable defenses and won 2 out of 3. I'm very proud of what Grimm has done with this team in a pre season plus 5 games. Thanks to Reggie Wells for pulling the rock and scoring last week.

GBR

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey, Duck, is Major Applewhite available as a #3 QB? I was expecting you to bring him up.

You mean the next head coach at Syracuse?

Applewhite was a terrible QB. As soon as opponents blitzed him he fell apart. Put up some good numbers against directional schools though.

I'm just glad we got the guy who played Center on a team that won a National Championship at Texas, went 13-0 winning those games by an average score of 50-16 in 2005. Beat Ohio State in Columbus and the USC Trojans in LA and won the Big XII Championship game 70-3.

That's getting players who are used to winning. That he's a home boy makes it even better.

Go Lyle!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Proof is in the pudding( What does that mean),

seesred, the correct but usually bastardized saying is: the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You mean the next head coach at Syracuse?

Applewhite was a terrible QB. As soon as opponents blitzed him he fell apart. Put up some good numbers against directional schools though.

I'm just glad we got the guy who played Center on a team that won a National Championship at Texas, went 13-0 winning those games by an average score of 50-16 in 2005. Beat Ohio State in Columbus and the USC Trojans in LA and won the Big XII Championship game 70-3.

That's getting players who are used to winning. That he's a home boy makes it even better.

Go Lyle!
You could also be describing Alex Stepanovich :shock:.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson