10 thoughts - Browns game

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Then what do you say if MHJ becomes a HOFer, your later-round WR doesn't pan out, and those picks don't bring in what you expect?

Would you trade the opportunity at Fitz for a haul of picks? I swear, I need to get a second jersey with "Haul of Picks" to go with my "Cap Space" jersey. How many games has "Haul of Picks" won?

I get it, the desire to hoard picks and get more bites at the cherry. I just feel that at a certain point you stand pat. Your philosophy is too rigid, IMO.
I love Fitz. But if you told me I could have had Roethlisberger, Rivers, and to a lesser extent Manning, I would trade him in a heartbeat.

No player is a guarantee and if you told me I could have two top ten picks, another first rounder, and two second rounders for a pick that could be MHJ, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is that this logic dictates you never take an early 1st round WR. Yes, there can be great round 2 WRs if you pick the right one. I'd rather us just take the player shaping up to be the next truly great WR. No guarantee, but seeing as how we are desperate for playmakers, I want "the guy."
In addition to that every good team has a very good wr. Brown can be very good as a #2 but not great. Chase/ Higgins, Hill/Waddle, Brown/Smith. Is a small example of what you need in today’s NFL.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then what do you say if MHJ becomes a HOFer, your later-round WR doesn't pan out, and those picks don't bring in what you expect?

Would you trade the opportunity at Fitz for a haul of picks? I swear, I need to get a second jersey with "Haul of Picks" to go with my "Cap Space" jersey. How many games has "Haul of Picks" won?

I get it, the desire to hoard picks and get more bites at the cherry. I just feel that at a certain point you stand pat. Your philosophy is too rigid, IMO.
Feels like Adrian Petersen 2.0

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yes. Fitz was great, but his greatness wasn't fully realized because he...

...lacked a top QB for most of his career.
See the below post. This is all positing that Kyler remains the guy. If KM isn't going to be the guy, blow up the plan, because we need to use that top pick on a QB. So, if we do have our QB in place, I want the big weapon to go with him. Imagine, say, a Big Ben with a Fitz, to co-opt Krango's post.