Great job defense!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were so sure our defense would be ripped to shreds.
Instead they got 6 sacks, 3 turnovers and scored a touchdown.

Anybody reading that game stat would believe that team won the game.

I am so disappointed by this offense which was directly a result of poor Qb play. Unfortunately, JG is not going to make a change for at least a couple of weeks. Sorry but Dobb scares nobody and it’s only going to get worse as more game film is added.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Meanwhile on offense I think we threw more screens today than we ever did in a single game under Kliff.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The D did play well. One of a couple of almost picks could have won us the game even with a very poor performance by our offense. D much better than I expected.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t think our D would EVER play to this level all season.

They were very very good today. Gotta work on the penalties, but they were laying wood, causing turnovers and even put points on the board.

Gave me hope that Gannon one day can make that unit as good as the Eagles were last year.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Defense made watching the game bearable - almost a violent vibe - okay so it was literally a violent vibe - but it was a good violent vibe dammit with more than just a pulse

Pressure means turnovers - be they thru the air or the quarterback's derriere - big plays are contagious - we knew we could take the ball from them which is new to us

Hopefully we can keep that nothing to lose us against the world mentality - Lord knows these dudes are gonna have plenty of time on the field

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We were so sure our defense would be ripped to shreds.
Instead they got 6 sacks, 3 turnovers and scored a touchdown.

Anybody reading that game stat would believe that team won the game.

I am so disappointed by this offense which was directly a result of poor Qb play. Unfortunately, JG is not going to make a change for at least a couple of weeks. Sorry but Dobb scares nobody and it’s only going to get worse as more game film is added.
Hell yeah! Rallis working miracles.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will tip my hat to the defense. They played great, they played fast, they played aggressive.

This might be the worst offense they come across all year but they certainly made it look like a terrible offense.

They did their job.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm actually less impressed with how the defense did, (even though I'm really impressed) rather more disappointed at what the offense did.

I thought that this defense could put on some pressure.

Stout

Reaction score
I'm actually less impressed with how the defense did, (even though I'm really impressed) rather more disappointed at what the offense did.

I thought that this defense could put on some pressure.
It shouldn't. Far and away, based on talent (or lack thereof), this defense shouldn't be able to put up consistent pressure. Credit to Rallis, IMO.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't. Far and away, based on talent (or lack thereof), this defense shouldn't be able to put up consistent pressure. Credit to Rallis, IMO.
They won't be able to do that every game, IMO. I stated clearly that Washington's OL was bad, and that would be the reason for the defense doing well.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think I saw Carlos Watkins name pop up a few times, following on the ESPN app. How'd he look in person? It would be great to get some decent play from him and Collier.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I saw Carlos Watkins name pop up a few times, following on the ESPN app. How'd he look in person? It would be great to get some decent play from him and Collier.
He made one really good play IIRC.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There was always obvious untapped potential in guys like Collins, Thomas, Thompson, Wilson and even Gardeck. They just needed better coaching and scheme. And Gannon/Rallis have always shown they can get more juice out of low rent LBs than anyone should.

Biggest surprise was the iDL. Watkins, Ledbetter and Fotu got a sack each and in general they held up really well. Albeit against a poor OL. Washington had only 92 yards rushing and limited Robinson to 3.1 per carry.

Reaction score
They won't be able to do that every game, IMO. I stated clearly that Washington's OL was bad, and that would be the reason for the defense doing well.
:yeahthat:

I was pleased with how the D performed, and the aggression shown, but I can't help thinking that a good OL will tear the Cardinals D apart with a run game!

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I didn’t think our D would EVER play to this level all season.

They were very very good today. Gotta work on the penalties, but they were laying wood, causing turnovers and even put points on the board.

Gave me hope that Gannon one day can make that unit as good as the Eagles were last year.
I agree but the early PI proved letHal. Biggest play of the game was made by officials. Gotta expect that. But still a great game.
offense, dobbs and Ingram earned a demotion, will see what happens

Stout

Reaction score
I agree but the early PI proved letHal. Biggest play of the game was made by officials. Gotta expect that. But still a great game.
offense, dobbs and Ingram earned a demotion, will see what happens
Nah, biggest play of the game was made by Wilson committing the foul.