RAMS clean house

BIGRED1959

Go Cardinals!
Reaction score
wow-- james Lauranitus, jared cook, and Chris Long. All cut--

Question is....could James Lauranitus help our need for milb ?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Damn, that's huge... they have young guys coming up they need to pay and needed to make some tough decisions it seems.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Laurinitas wouldn't even be an upgrade over Minter.

Long is washed up IMO. 4 sacks in his last 18 games. 4-3 DE. Injuries been piling up too.

Cook isn't good.

Last edited:

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder if these moves imply they will be locking up Jenkins to a long term deal? I'm sure Keim has a hundred different scenarios on his FA board from now until 3/1. Should be an interesting two weeks.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Would not be upset if the team looked at James Laurinaitis.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's great at letting the plays come to him & getting sucked out the play easily nowadays.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Wow. I can't believe Chris Long was let go. There is our guy go get him Keim. Sign him Freeney and draft a pass rusher or two and our defense suddenly looks a whole lot better.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder if these moves imply they will be locking up Jenkins to a long term deal? I'm sure Keim has a hundred different scenarios on his FA board from now until 3/1. Should be an interesting two weeks.

When I first heard about it Jenkins and the other CB came to mind. both are FA this year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Laurinitas wouldn't even be an upgrade over Minter.

Long is washed up IMO. 4 sacks in his last 18 games. 4-3 DE. Injuries been piling up too.

Cook isn't good.

To be fair, Long has only started 11 games in the last two seasons. I don't know what the severity of his need injury was, but he's only 31 years old and a good size to play OLB for what we do.

Jared Cook is a total tease.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
By cutting Cook, Long & Laurinaitis now, the #Rams allow them to be immediate free agents. They have 3 weeks before everyone else is free

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To be fair, Long has only started 11 games in the last two seasons. I don't know what the severity of his need injury was, but he's only 31 years old and a good size to play OLB for what we do.

Yep, Cook will have one great game and lay an egg for the rest of the season. Kinda reminds me of the Dude, but with character issues.

Long, I wouldn't mind taking a flier on, pending a physical and fully evaluating the extent of his injuries. I graduated same year as him back in college and saw him in my apartment complex a few times - he was a big dude back then and much bigger now... wonder if he has anything left in his tank (at age 30).

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When I first heard about it Jenkins and the other CB came to mind. both are FA this year.

They seem to have the cap room to sign both CBs, but wouldn't surprise me to let one go and have Rams management lock in the core D-line to longer term deals. They could be scary good if they just found a decent QB.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They seem to have the cap room to sign both CBs, but wouldn't surprise me to let one go and have Rams management lock in the core D-line to longer term deals. They could be scary good if they just found a decent QB.

Their motto for the past 4 years.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cook is gonna be a steal for some team with a competent QB.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I see what you're saying, but he really wasn't productive during those games, & that's with the best DLine in the NFL to take the pressure off of him.

I can't see him doing too much here.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

For a team like AZ that is in win right now mode, and a team that is weak in the middle, they would be foolish not to at least kick the tires on Laurinaitis.

Rams can live without Cook and Long, although Long will be missed in the locker room. We have depth there, and Fisher can find pass rushers at the 99 cent store.

If the Rams' plan isn't to bring Laurinaitis back on a bargain deal then this is a mistake IMO. He's slowed down but is still a durable, intelligent competitor who cannot be replaced easily. I don't think Ogletree can play inside.

Cook is not a competitor.

Rams should have cut Rodger Saffold instead of JL.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn