Question to the "sign Drew Brees" group

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Question for everyone that's looking to bring in Brees. Can you help me understand your perspective about the move, and maybe this roster as a whole?

I don't see a team necessarily ready to win it all this year, and I don't think Brees can make it more than a year or two before seeing a sharp decline. He's clearly one of the greats, and if I were the Vikings, I'd be all over it... I just think we have a few too many holes for it.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for everyone that's looking to bring in Brees. Can you help me understand your perspective about the move, and maybe this roster as a whole?

I don't see a team necessarily ready to win it all this year, and I don't think Brees can make it more than a year or two before seeing a sharp decline. He's clearly one of the greats, and if I were the Vikings, I'd be all over it... I just think we have a few too many holes for it.
I look at Brees this way. He is looking for big $$$$ final deal and would go S B hunting.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would take Brees on a 3-4 year contract. If he's actually available he'd be my #1 choice.

Hopefully Keim is kicking the tires. If Cousins turns us down, I'd turn around and offer the same contract to Brees, if I hadn't already.

He's absolutely worth it. At some point there could be a drop off, but even with a big dropoff, he'd still probably be better then half the league.

He may not have a long future, but he still has a better future then any QB on the fa market besides Cousins and maybe even better then him (and I mean that because at 30 Cousins has far more potential years to do something).

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Brees would totally be worth 28-30 mil. IF the prospect of signing him were on the table, Keim would be a fool not to consider it, even if it's another old timer rental.

Additionally, you could draft another QB. Brees would be an excellent mentor.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brees would totally be worth 28-30 mil. IF the prospect of signing him were on the table, Keim would be a fool not to consider it, even if it's another old timer rental.

Additionally, you could draft another QB. Brees would be an excellent mentor.

Yep at his age, any QB you draft can sit behind him and not be a true threat to him.

Hopefully the fear of god has hit Keim about not having a young QB with talent behind an aging vet.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

It's Drew Brees. One of the all-time great QB's, and I say that even when I think he is a tool, personally Guy can play QB tho.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would be nice to give fitz a small window of hope in probably his final yr with breese or cousins.

But in reality cards will probably have kannum or bridgewater and a rookie...

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe MIN and Cousins aren’t a done deal yet now that Brees is available (well can negotiate with any team). NO is mentioned as being interested in a lot of recently released players but they are going to have to pay Brees more than Cousins, no way he’s taking less.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Why wouldn't AZ go all in on Brees....Why spend so much on KC if you can spend just a bit more for Brees..

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why wouldn't AZ go all in on Brees....Why spend so much on KC if you can spend just a bit more for Brees..
Because Kirk Cousins can play for another six years. Brees is 2 years older than the guy we just had that retired.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brees is the option for me, if available. 100 percent. Then I'd still do all I could to draft a top QB prospect.

Completely agree. Give him the bucks then trade up for Darnold or mayfield to learn from a master

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Completely agree. Give him the bucks then trade up for Darnold or mayfield to learn from a master
How would you surround Brees with any kind of talent if you traded up into the top 4? He's supposed to just throw undrafted rookie free agents open?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
How would you surround Brees with any kind of talent if you traded up into the top 4? He's supposed to just throw undrafted rookie free agents open?

No, but FREE AGENTS could get open. Let's not pretend we couldn't finagle the cap to do all kinds of stuff in FA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson