Preseason: Nuggets @ Suns Tuesday game thread, 10-10-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got 19 on the roster now, how does this work 15 active players 2 on injured list or something like that?

The Suns can only have 15 players on the standard roster, injured or not. They can have three two-way players.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That hair is not working for Bol. He looks like a WNBA player.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bates-Diop looking much better.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That foul on Johnson was OK because he was fighting for the ball.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like this graphic with the logo over the desert but they sure are using it a ton.

Everything having a Suns flair in the presentation is a big upgrade over the generic Bally crap being all over the screen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keon Johnson showing a 3-point shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Nuggets 115 - Suns 107

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
The 5th starter is definitely Okogie. He is the nasty disruptor on D, good facilitator on O and improving shot finisher. KBD/Yuta are far behind in this role. KBD particularly seems a bit lost and needs time to get the feel with his teammates. Nurk defended Joker as well as anybody, is a better fit for us than DA. He was also aggressive in the paint drawing fouls. Metu moves very smooth out there on both sides. Gordon and Allen are the bench players very good at creating their own shots, I see them being as effective as Heats' Martin/Strus in playoffs. Saben is energetic but his shot seems even flatter than before, not a good sign for his longterm outlook.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How was Nurk’s defense?

It was about as good as anyone can defend Jokic. He was more willing to get physical, holding his ground on defense. He also bodied him up and made him work on defense as well. More physical than we've seen in a long time. It's preseason so I won't read into it too much but I suspect he'll be fine during the season and potentially post season if we face Denver.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 5th starter is definitely Okogie. He is the nasty disruptor on D, good facilitator on O and improving shot finisher. KBD/Yuta are far behind in this role. KBD particularly seems a bit lost and needs time to get the feel with his teammates. Nurk defended Joker as well as anybody, is a better fit for us than DA. He was also aggressive in the paint drawing fouls. Metu moves very smooth out there on both sides. Gordon and Allen are the bench players very good at creating their own shots, I see them being as effective as Heats' Martin/Strus in playoffs. Saben is energetic but his shot seems even flatter than before, not a good sign for his longterm outlook.

KBD was finally looking comfortable in the second half. To be fair, he played little minutes with SA, only 20ish. Coming in i thought he played a lot more and had a bigger role there. Also we haven't seen how effective he can be with the 5-7 guys. He's played a lot with the 8-13th guys on the team.

Whereas Yuta knows his role, then Allen and Gordon know what they're capable of starting but seem to be true professionals in bringing it off the bench.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's shortsighted. The top franchises develop players.
Yep. We have limited picks over the next few years, so developing players is the alternative. I was hoping Little would be the replacement for Camara on the roster. But I also get the fact that we might have to decide WHICH players to develop. KBD or Little for instance.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Also liked how Metu found his own space later in the game resulting in some quality offense

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep. We have limited picks over the next few years, so developing players is the alternative. I was hoping Little would be the replacement for Camara on the roster. But I also get the fact that we might have to decide WHICH players to develop. KBD or Little for instance.
Yep. Soo shortsighted.
Who would you guys bump from the bench over Nassir and Keyon?
D. Lee, Ish, Bol?
Eubanks, Metu, KBD?
Goodwin, S. Lee, Okogie?
Stop me if you see something that jumps out at you. And I know some of those players can't or WON'T be moved but Im just saying.
"Some of these things are not like the others"

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So am I, but Little has been very unimpressive so far.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. Soo shortsighted.
Who would you guys bump from the bench over Nassir and Keyon?
D. Lee, Ish, Bol?
Eubanks, Metu, KBD?
Goodwin, S. Lee, Okogie?
Stop me if you see something that jumps out at you. And I know some of those players can't or WON'T be moved but Im just saying.
"Some of these things are not like the others"

I would get rid of Lee and either Keon or Ish. Lee not only is injured - but he is awful defensively. He only has one NBA quality, 3 pt shooting. IMO we have enough of that there is no reason to keep him even if he was healthy.

I do think there may be a player to develop in Keon, he is enough of an athlete that it might not be terrible to keep him around for awhile.

The case for Ish is his defense, which I would like to keep.

To me it's a tough call between Ish and Keon. I think the deciding factor might be if they could get either to take a 2 way spot.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would get rid of Lee and either Keon or Ish. Lee not only is injured - but he is awful defensively. He only has one NBA quality, 3 pt shooting. IMO we have enough of that there is no reason to keep him even if he was healthy.

I do think there may be a player to develop in Keon, he is enough of an athlete that it might not be terrible to keep him around for awhile.

The case for Ish is his defense, which I would like to keep.

To me it's a tough call between Ish and Keon. I think the deciding factor might be if they could get either to take a 2 way spot.
Or get someone to take a contract in trade. Lee needs to be traded--for nothing even--if possible. That way we at least get his contract off the books.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson