Picture: Coke 12 pack Cards mural...

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
LoL that's awesome!

Those soda box stackers have really stepped up their game the past few years. The guys at my local Frys do some pretty abstract stuff. :)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
LoL that's awesome!

Those soda box stackers have really stepped up their game the past few years. The guys at my local Frys do some pretty abstract stuff. :)

Isn't it great how things have changed in the Valley? 7-8 years ago that would have been a Dallas Cowboys based display.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
wow, that is impressive. and surprising to see that sort of creativity at wal mart at all places

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well the price of soda has skyrocketed as well. So if you're paying 2x or more (unless on sale which is almost twice as much as the sales before), then they should go to more lengths to get your dollar...err ten dollars for 2 or 1 3/5 of a 12 pack.

But yeah that does look cool.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't it great how things have changed in the Valley? 7-8 years ago that would have been a Dallas Cowboys based display.

I dont think anyone has gone that far to make grocery store displays for the cowboys.. Sure stores might have had cowboys gear in the front of the store back then, but i dont remember anything that blatant in support of the cowboys.. At least not over here on the westside.. We dont get down like that.. :D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I dont think anyone has gone that far to make grocery store displays for the cowboys.. Sure stores might have had cowboys gear in the front of the store back then, but i dont remember anything that blatant in support of the cowboys.. At least not over here on the westside.. We dont get down like that.. :D

Well you do have a point. Going by the grocery stores you wouldn't know there even was an NFL. But if you wanted an Emmit Smith or Troy Aikman or Michael Irvin Jersey or a Dallas Cowboy car flag or anything else all you had to do was walk into any JC Penney's or Sporting Goods store and it would be in a prime location.

WalMart did have some Cards stuff but it was usually on the clearance rack. Can't blame them though since no body was buying.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well you do have a point. Going by the grocery stores you wouldn't know there even was an NFL. But if you wanted an Emmit Smith or Troy Aikman or Michael Irvin Jersey or a Dallas Cowboy car flag or anything else all you had to do was walk into any JC Penney's or Sporting Goods store and it would be in a prime location.

WalMart did have some Cards stuff but it was usually on the clearance rack. Can't blame them though since no body was buying.

You are so right DJ.

I remember for my birthday in 1995 my aunt and uncle got me this gift certificate to one of the sports shops in Fiesta Mall.

I was psyched because I was gonna get a Larry Centers jersey. I went to the shop in the mall and they LITERALLY had no Cardinals stuff. Nothing, not a blanket, a t shirt a towel. But they did however have craploads of Cowboy gear. I was ticked and I asked the guy working what the deal was and he said; "My boss doesn't order Cardinal stuff cuz nobody will buy it."

So I used my gift certificate and got a Cubs hat and a Kevin Johnson jersey.

I think of that everytime I go to the mall and see all the Cardinal gear.

You are right, things have changed!

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You are so right DJ.

I remember for my birthday in 1995 my aunt and uncle got me this gift certificate to one of the sports shops in Fiesta Mall.

I was psyched because I was gonna get a Larry Centers jersey. I went to the shop in the mall and they LITERALLY had no Cardinals stuff. Nothing, not a blanket, a t shirt a towel. But they did however have craploads of Cowboy gear. I was ticked and I asked the guy working what the deal was and he said; "My boss doesn't order Cardinal stuff cuz nobody will buy it."

Every once in awhile the last few years I'd go to a Sports Store and they'd have a rack of other teams jersey's and if they had a Cowboys or 49ers one out front I'd move it to the back or if no one was really watching I'd go get a Cardinal one and put it on the front of the rack.

OP
OP
AZ Sports Native

AZ Sports Native

It's a dry heat.
Reaction score
You are so right DJ.

+1 For the KJ jersey choice!

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every once in awhile the last few years I'd go to a Sports Store and they'd have a rack of other teams jersey's and if they had a Cowboys or 49ers one out front I'd move it to the back or if no one was really watching I'd go get a Cardinal one and put it on the front of the rack.

HA!!! I always did the same thing.:thumbup:

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
You are so right DJ.

No offense to either the Cubs or Kevin but I would have found a way to cash it in and spent my money someplace else. ;)

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Those stackers are magical. The back of the cardinal head has nothing under it to support it........

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yesterday at Target my check out lady had on a Cards shirt. I commented on it and she said her boss had given her the OK since it was (mostly) red and they were selling more and more Cards merchandise. Yay, Target lady!

BTW: They had the Target-y jerseys with Kolb on the back. First I'd seen.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yesterday at Target my check out lady had on a Cards shirt. I commented on it and she said her boss had given her the OK since it was (mostly) red and they were selling more and more Cards merchandise. Yay, Target lady!

BTW: They had the Target-y jerseys with Kolb on the back. First I'd seen.

That was one of the great things about the 2008 season. It finally got Phoenix on the Cardinals bandwagon big time. The day of the NFC Championship game it seemed like the entire town was wearing Cardinal shirts and hats. It was a real trip to go into a grocery store and see all the employees in Red and little kids running around in miniature Warner,Fitz and Boldin jerseys.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was one of the great things about the 2008 season. It finally got Phoenix on the Cardinals bandwagon big time. The day of the NFC Championship game it seemed like the entire town was wearing Cardinal shirts and hats. It was a real trip to go into a grocery store and see all the employees in Red and little kids running around in miniature Warner,Fitz and Boldin jerseys.

And if we shock the world and make the Super Bowl this year those little kids can run around in Max Hall jerseys and they won't need the miniature ones either.

Steve

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

The valley went nuts when we won the NFC Championship.

As I drove home from the game everyone was out of their houses, sitting on walls or partying on the side of the road, waving flags, cars were honking their horns.

It took us a good hour to get out of that mess but it didn't matter, it was a surreal experience. A dream come true really.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are so right DJ.

When I visited in 1999, I think it was, my brother and I stopped at Arizona Mills on the way back from Tucson to see if I could get some Cards merchandise. The sports stores there had nothing. I was super ticked off.

That soda display is pretty cool. I would imagine that it's pretty hard to do the Cardinals logo with boxes.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
When I visited in 1999, I think it was, my brother and I stopped at Arizona Mills on the way back from Tucson to see if I could get some Cards merchandise. The sports stores there had nothing. I was super ticked off.

That soda display is pretty cool. I would imagine that it's pretty hard to do the Cardinals logo with boxes.

LOL I used to stop there all the time and get Cards clothes off the clearance rack at Burlington's. I still have some shirts and wind pants I've never seen anywhere else that I picked up there.

Looking for Cards gear back in the day was like a treasure hunt. Sucks that the NFL gave Reebok an exclusive. Used to be some really cool stuff put together by Independents.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Saw this in the Walmart near my house today and thought of this thread.

Couldn't help myself so I took a pic for you guys. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0328.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 93

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort