Per ESPN: Bengals/Cardinals Talking Trade

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
According to ESPN insider this morning the Cardinals and Bengals have had in depth discussions about swapping the #13 for the #17 pick and possibly #53 pick in the draft...

They speculated by doing so they would be targeting Dre Kirkpatrick or possibly even Trent Richardson...

Personally, I think this is a deal that you have to do if you are the Cardinals, you get back into the 2nd round, and to me there is not THAT big of drop off between the #13 and #17 picks this year..

I also think if we are indeed targeting a LT, Dallas _took a LT last year in the top 10), Philadelphia (bigger holes to fill than LT), and NYJ (Oline a strength for them) I think he very well could be there at #17 as well...

In the end, I think the Cardinals should do this deal without a doubt..

Thoughts?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd do it in a heart beat. Would replace the 2nd rounder that we lost in the Kolb trade.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It all depends who's sitting there at 13.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
According to ESPN insider this morning the Cardinals and Bengals have had in depth discussions about swapping the #13 for the #17 pick and possibly #53 pick in the draft...

They speculated by doing so they would be targeting Dre Kirkpatrick or possibly even Trent Richardson...

Personally, I think this is a deal that you have to do if you are the Cardinals, you get back into the 2nd round, and to me there is not THAT big of drop off between the #13 and #17 picks this year..

I also think if we are indeed targeting a LT, Dallas _took a LT last year in the top 10), Philadelphia (bigger holes to fill than LT), and NYJ (Oline a strength for them) I think he very well could be there at #17 as well...

In the end, I think the Cardinals should do this deal without a doubt..

Thoughts?

I've had the Bengals trading up for Trent Richardson for a while now, and I think that is who Cincy would be looking to get. The CB position just seems too deep to move up to grab one, though I guess it depends on how they view Kirkpatrick.

If 5 of the DeCastro, Ingram, Martin, Glenn, Perry, Kuechly, Kendall Wright and Hightower are all available, then you have to consider the deal because you are moving back to grab a potential starter. It would be difficult for me to pass on DeCastro or Ingram to move back, but it would be nice to add another pick.

Not to toot my own horn, but BEEP BEEP BEEP! I called this in January.
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb...gency-the-nfl-draft-as-cards-gm-175339-2.html

Last edited:

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why would they be considering this at this point?

One has no idea how the draft will play out, and doubt seriously that Cinci would be showing their hand.

Draft day... Who knows?

Believed for awhile that (13) may be coveted depending on what happens up top.

Wouldn't take it if I have a plug-in day one starter on the board that I'd lose by moving.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i think a trade possible between cardinlas and bengals is beanie wells,cause we cant have the first 2 hback with injury issues and maybe end up with alfonso smith,who should be a cfl player

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Cincy wants DeCastro--- but, guess what---he will be taken prior to the #13 pick.

OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Decastro I think may be the only realistic guy that would make me hesitate.. But failing that, I think this would be ideal for the cards..

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
This does have to be a consideration. Who would it be sitting at 13 that you would take instead of trading down?

1. Andrew Luck - QB
2. Robert Griffin III - QB
3. Matt Kalil - OT
4. Morris Claiborne - CB
5. David DeCastro - OG

I would take a good long thought about it if Reiff or Perry is there as well.

After that ?

Trade down, a 2nd round pick would be valuable in this draft. I believe it would open up the draft for the Cardinals. There is a safety or two that would be good fits for the Cardinals, IMO. Not to mention some raw, and big talent at WR that can be there at #2.

We would be allowing 3 teams in front of us (obviously Cincy has a need for some player we don't so I am not counting them.

14. Dallas
15. Philadelphia
16. New York Jets

Dallas, those bastards, would be the biggest threat since they need offensive line help while Philly, and NYJ don't, IMHO. But, both Dallas, and the Jets run a 3-4 so that could be a factor if we go defense in the 1st round.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
If we don't come out with DeCastro or Keuchly---both of whom will not be on the board at #17---I will be bitterly disappointed. Imo, other than the QBs they are the two class prospects in this draft.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
its is certainly worth considering, I would hold onto the trade until at least the 10th pick to see how draft is shaping up.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sounds like an excellent trade...IF it falls right for Cincy (the player they want is there at 13) and IF we don't have one must-have guy that is on the board at 13. That's only two IFs, so it may have a shot of happening. I would destroy small villages to get back into the 2nd round.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would do it if we could land Perry at #17 but I think NYJ will take him right before us. I like the trade, maybe take Whitney or Johnathan Martin at #17 if Perry isn't there.

seesred

Reaction score
If a trade then it will be on draft day. If the player Cinci wants is there and someone we like could be there for us, they will pull the trigger.

GBR

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would do it unless someone completely unexpected falls. It would open up more options for the first round pick. With just one pick in the first two rounds, I feel like the pick has to be an O-linemen. A second rounder could allow for an OL/OLB combo.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Damn, I just about settled on my top 13 BPA, looks like I might have to add some more. Im still rolling with the top 10 BPA hopefuls, if all 10 are gone then hell yeah trade back and get some love later in the draft. BPA is the theme of this post, I seriously fear forcing a #1 draft pick to be coached by Grimm. If one of the better ones are there though at 13...Id still BPA.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know many/most will blast what I am about to type.

RG states how much he loves Richardson knowing that Cinci also covets him.

Then trade rumors come out that Cinci wants to trade up to our slot with the speculation that it's for Richardson.

RG is already working it and creating value for our 13 pick with the idea of getting back the 2nd rd pick. Most of us (with exception of John H) don't want the Cards to take another RB in the top 2 rds for a 3rd time in what would be 4 years.

Is it possible that RG isn't really considering taking Richardson but had the foresight to send at the smoke screen early so that we entice the Bengals to trade up with us?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think Cincy has cooled on Kirkpatrick since the drug charges were dropped :D.

I can still see the real trade being discussed is for Wells and Cincy giving up their 2nd or 3rd round pick. Mike Brown loves Wells and, if he checks out healthy, picks up a 1000 yard back who is still young. The question is, would you give up Wells for a 2nd/3rd round pick? I think most here will say yes. I think it would be a big mistake.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying that they will go OL in the first round, but here in NY, Jet fans don't don't seem very high on their OL, other than Mangold and Ferguson.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know many/most will blast what I am about to type.

RG states how much he loves Richardson knowing that Cinci also covets him.

Then trade rumors come out that Cinci wants to trade up to our slot with the speculation that it's for Richardson.

RG is already working it and creating value for our 13 pick with the idea of getting back the 2nd rd pick. Most of us (with exception of John H) don't want the Cards to take another RB in the top 2 rds for a 3rd time in what would be 4 years.

Is it possible that RG isn't really considering taking Richardson but had the foresight to send at the smoke screen early so that we entice the Bengals to trade up with us?
they have to find a really stupid management to believe on this

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Cincy has cooled on Kirkpatrick since the drug charges were dropped :D.

I can still see the real trade being discussed is for Wells and Cincy giving up their 2nd or 3rd round pick. Mike Brown loves Wells and, if he checks out healthy, picks up a 1000 yard back who is still young. The question is, would you give up Wells for a 2nd/3rd round pick? I think most here will say yes. I think it would be a big mistake.

why..what do u think is a huge mistake?? yes we saw some stiff arm or few specatcular broken tackles but after that he didnt show anything partcular..he is slow he is not quick he cant run around the corners..our offensive line is bad about pass protection but is very good creating room for running b-then is always in trouble with injuries..send him in ohio and he will be happy too

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn