Pelicans @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread 4-19-2022 - Game 2

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd rather have Jalen Smith but the Suns made the decision earlier by not picking up the option on his contract.

The unfortunate thing is losing Frank Kaminsky to injury. He could play against the Pelicans.
If we had just drafted Obi instead of the Stix experiment we'd be miles ahead.

I'm not saying Obi is a great fit for our culture or the answers to our problems but he can actually play PF against other PFs.
We could have avoided all this BS by drafting what we needed instead of trying to reprogram a 5 to play a 4.
Anyway hindsight...
Go Suns

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm not saying Obi is a great fit for our culture or the answers to our problems but he can actually play PF against other PFs.
We could have avoided all this BS by drafting what we needed instead of trying to reprogram a 5 to play a 4.
Anyway hindsight...
Go Suns

Didn't Toppin come off the board already?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Maybe he had a brief case of the dizzies and they are being extremely cautious.

Fingers crossed.
They held an open practice today, so if something happened there, you'd think it would have been tweeted already.

Maybe there's something going on with his kid.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biz is as good a 3rd string center as anyone could ask for.

Kaminsky and Smith could play both power forward and center. This would have been useful against bigger opponents like the Pelicans.

I have no issue with Biz as a third center.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They held an open practice today, so if something happened there, you'd think it would have been tweeted already.

Maybe there's something going on with his kid.

I will be thrilled to look like a jack ass if he shows up tonight like nothing happened, but he wasn't arriving as a visitor.

Maybe he yacked his lunch and the Suns want to get some blood work done, asap... who knows.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
UPDATE: Javale and co hopped in his Maybach and left the medical center.

My source on the update was not my own eyes but someone who kept an eye out for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
disagree. Biz has been straight up trash for months. Stix would be a perfect backup for Ayton if McGee is out for any extended period of time.

Stix could play along side Ayton as well.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
disagree. Biz has been straight up trash for months. Stix would be a perfect backup for Ayton if McGee is out for any extended period of time.
Yeah, I just don't agree. Stix was getting pushed around by any large center. For defense - which is really what we need the backup center to provide Biz is far better.

It's not that big of concern anyway, as Javale can be taken out of games anyway due to small lineups.

Utah or Dallas he will not really be needed, and he won't be needed against GS either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No we lost game 3 and 6 in the finals he reffed and a game against the Lakers

The only game we won in the playoffs that he reffed CP3 was out
That’s in the playoffs. But I think we won a few games he reffed this season. I doubt any ref purposefully only holds a grudge for the playoffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes, but when you actually watch the games their an observable difference in the calls he make versus the calls other refs make. Its a common occurrence with Foster as i usually try to ignore how refs influence a suns game. I will say i do notice Foster does get a 'ref you suck' chant in other games too. Maybe he's just overall bad.
I’d be more inclined to believe this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, I just don't agree. Stix was getting pushed around by any large center. For defense - which is really what we need the backup center to provide Biz is far better.

It's not that big of concern anyway, as Javale can be taken out of games anyway due to small lineups.

Utah or Dallas he will not really be needed, and he won't be needed against GS either.
Stix would get steamrolled but valencunius.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stix would get steamrolled but valencunius.

The Suns would get the benefit of some foul calls then. He knew how to play under the basket. Stix is much more athletic than Jonas.

Bottom line, the Suns miss another big man. I wish the Suns had a healthy Frank Kaminsky this season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns would get the benefit of some foul calls then. He knew how to play under the basket. Stix is much more athletic than Jonas.

Bottom line, the Suns miss another big man. I wish the Suns had a healthy Frank Kaminsky this season.
You actually think STIX would get the benefit of foul calls?? Come on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anyway hindsight...
Go Suns

Obi Toppin was drafted #8 in the 2020 NBA draft.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the train, heading to the game, let’s goooooooo!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson