Pelicans @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread 4-19-2022 - Game 2

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cp3 will break foster curse soon im sure :) but i hate him as a fan

Lol be amazing to see cp3 win biggest gm of his carrer in fut wink with foster refin

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Yuck, gonna get killed by refs in this game. Oh man. Good it's not a decisive game though!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven’t we won the last couple Scott foster reffed games? Not saying I’m happy about his being the lead official, but I don’t think it’s quite the story it was last year.

No we lost game 3 and 6 in the finals he reffed and a game against the Lakers

The only game we won in the playoffs that he reffed CP3 was out

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We will see if anything changes but in Game 6 of the finals, which we lost by 7. Giannis shot 19 free throws by himself or the equal to the entire Suns team.
We've seen that happen in games that Scott Foster hasn't refereed, so I'm not sure placing the blame on Foster is realistic.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We've seen that happen in games that Scott Foster hasn't refereed, so I'm not sure placing the blame on Foster is realistic.

Yes, but when you actually watch the games their an observable difference in the calls he make versus the calls other refs make. Its a common occurrence with Foster as i usually try to ignore how refs influence a suns game. I will say i do notice Foster does get a 'ref you suck' chant in other games too. Maybe he's just overall bad.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yes, but when you actually watch the games their an observable difference in the calls he make versus the calls other refs make. Its a common occurrence with Foster as i usually try to ignore how refs influence a suns game. I will say i do notice Foster does get a 'ref you suck' chant in other games too. Maybe he's just overall bad.
He’s definitely bad, but he’s not exponentially worse than any other ref in the league.

Now if he does have some sort of grudge against Chris Paul, that’s a different discussion. I’m just not sure that is a realistic theory.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Javale McGee is in line to sign in, with a few trainers, at banner university hospital right now.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh boy…

McGee got Omicron back in late December, didn’t he?

I don’t think it’s Covid related. But he’s there he isn’t limping, he has trainers with him and he’s not in a good mood.

That’s all I’ve got.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s Covid related. But he’s there he isn’t limping, he has trainers with him and he’s not in a good mood.

That’s all I’ve got.
Crap. Really hope it’s nothing serious. losing Javale is what I was afraid of when we traded Jalen. One injury away from being right back where we were last year.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crap. Really hope it’s nothing serious. losing Javale is what I was afraid of when we traded Jalen. One injury away from being right back where we were last year.

Maybe he had a brief case of the dizzies and they are being extremely cautious.

Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns never carry enough big men on their roster.

We knew Dario Saric would be out but Frank Kaminsky and Jalen Smith were never satifactorily replaced.