OURLADS Mock Draft

rusfletcher

Veteran
Reaction score
I just checked out Ourlads and they show Arizona drafting the following players in Rounds 1-3:

Round 1: Joe Thomas OT (WIS)
Round 2: Greg Olsen TE (MIA)
Round 3: Jonathan Wade (TENN)

I had to double check because I thought I was dreaming. I highly doubt that Greg Olsen is going to be there when we select in Round 2, but we can always hope it turns out this way.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly dont want Olsen. If we are lucky enough to get Thomas in the first then I think we take either another lineman or a LB. Olsen doesn't impress me as a blocker at all, not quite sure how he would fit into Whiz's system. Maybe I just am not ready to quit on Pope yet.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That would certainly be a tremendous draft. I'd even be happy if we replaced Olsen with Miller. Jonathan Wade would be a total steal in the third round.

Here are some mocks from The Huddle Report:

Draft Machine (Based on every team taking BPA based on THR's Value Board), April 4:
5 S LaRon Landry LSU
38 DE Ray McDonald Florida
69 CB Tarell Brown Texas
105 TE Martrez Milner Georgia
142 DT Antonio Johnson Mississippi St
215 LB Matt King Maine

Fred Jones, April 11:
5. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
38. Kenny Irons, RB, Auburn
69. Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia

Aaron Freeman, March 30:
5. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
38. Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
69. Buster Davis, LB, Florida State

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Draft Machine (Based on every team taking BPA based on THR's Value Board), April 4:
5 S LaRon Landry LSU
38 DE Ray McDonald Florida
69 CB Tarell Brown Texas
105 TE Martrez Milner Georgia
142 DT Antonio Johnson Mississippi St
215 LB Matt King Maine

I really like the first two selections however I think they have Tarell Brown rated too high.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Why is that? Having only seen highlight clips of both players I'm truly interested in your take on the guys. Personally, I thought Olsen looked very good at the combine.

1) Because I don't think Olsen will be available, so I'm kind of assuming that Miller would be. He'd be a great value at that spot.

2) I think Olsen's getting a bump because he's from Miami. If he were so good, why hadn't anyone heard from him before his 40? He's not Vernon Davis. He's more of a pure receiver than Miller is.

3) The scout at The Huddle Report hates Olsen and rates him as a 4th round pick. I think he does that sometimes just to be cranky (he did the same thing with Levi Brown), but he's right far more than he's wrong.

I really don't want a TE at all on the first day, but it's hard to pass on a ready-made weapon like Miller if he falls to you.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
2) I think Olsen's getting a bump because he's from Miami. If he were so good, why hadn't anyone heard from him before his 40? He's not Vernon Davis. He's more of a pure receiver than Miller is.
Nooo. YOU hadn't heard about him until post-combine. Olsen was the best player on that Miami offense for 2 years, but the inept offensive coordinators and QB play would somehow not get him involved.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Nooo. YOU hadn't heard about him until post-combine. Olsen was the best player on that Miami offense for 2 years, but the inept offensive coordinators and QB play would somehow not get him involved.

Point taken. I thought the same thing about Andre Johnson, who is now one of my favorite players in the NFL. So what do I know?

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Olsen can't block my grandmother. Miller is one of the best pass blocking TE's to enter the draft in the past 5 years. He doesn't have the speed of Olsen but he'll catch anything thrown his way and is a great blocker. Would help us in 2 areas. Could also be used as an H-Back (did so at ASU) as well and help in the backfield, very similar to Chris Cooley of the Redskins

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
From all i've been reading, Earl Everett will be available much later, like in round 4.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Olsen can't block my grandmother. Miller is one of the best pass blocking TE's to enter the draft in the past 5 years. He doesn't have the speed of Olsen but he'll catch anything thrown his way and is a great blocker. Would help us in 2 areas. Could also be used as an H-Back (did so at ASU) as well and help in the backfield, very similar to Chris Cooley of the Redskins

Interesting post. I have not seen enough of Miller, did see some, but was not overwhelmed by his blockiing ability. Is he really that
good? He will be around in round 3 in my book.

Olsen, I saw plenty of this year. I tend to disagree a bit. By the way I would not take him at 2 either! I would hold out until round 4 and pick up Spaeth from Minn. He is a tough blocker, real tough. Let's see what they do.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Olsen is a WR masquerading as a TE.

rusfletcher, member since 2002 and only 23 posts? Come on, brother, participate. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard