Orange Bowl Thread

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
that must be a new kind of math cuz I thought +/- 5 yrs or so ago would've placed us in the late 1990s

If you look at the past 10 years, here's the PAC s record vs the conf:

Aggregate Conference Record, 1995-2004

SEC0.6679630

BigTen0.49156272810.806

BigXII0.4674521240

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/multi-conference.pl?start=1995&end=2004&team=Arizona&team=ArizonaState&team=California&team=Oregon&team=OregonState&team=SouthernCalifornia&team=Stanford&team=UCLA&team=Washington&team=WashingtonState

Thats your math not mine. Hey to break this to you, but the Pac-10, SEC, etc have been around much longer than 5 years. Your the one saying the Pac-10 in the past 5 years has had almost all their teams go to bowls. Good! But my arguement was not the last 5 years it was in general.

Oh wait now you are looking at the past 10 years? make up your mind already!

I have shown you the stats, if you choose not to believe them there is nothing I can do about that, but one thing is for certain:

The Pac-10 is weak and is a solid step below the other major conferences!

Last edited:

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
LVCARDFREAK said:
Thats your masth not mine. Hey to break this to you, but the Pac-10, SEC, etc have been around much longer than 5 years. Your the one saying the Pac-10 in the past 5 years has had almost all their teams go to bowls. Good! But my arguement was not the last 5 years it was in general.

I have shown you the stats, if you choose not to believe them there is nothing I can do about that, but one thing is for certain:

yo brought up that Vandy & other teams went ot bowls in the past 5 years. You lied.

You did not show me any stats from the past 5 yrs or 10 yrs. You showed something from 1961 or whatever.

The SEC has a winning record vs everyone EXCEPT for the PAC 10

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/multi-conference.pl?start=1995&end=2004&team=Alabama&team=Arkansas&team=Auburn&team=Florida&team=Georgia&team=Kentucky&team=LouisianaState&team=Mississippi&team=MississippiState&team=SouthCarolina&team=Tennessee&team=Vanderbilt

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Thats your math not mine. Hey to break this to you, but the Pac-10, SEC, etc have been around much longer than 5 years. Your the one saying the Pac-10 in the past 5 years has had almost all their teams go to bowls. Good! But my arguement was not the last 5 years it was in general.

so have Army, Harvard, Yale, and Princeton...point is???

you say your argument in general was that the PAC10 was weak historically.

Historically speaking, the Romans & Carthaginians were pretty tough too.....

I'm using RECENT history with TODAY's game - not the game of my dad & grandpa where you had 115 guys on a roster...

Last edited:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
Auburn can beat USC? the SEC & Big10 blow away the Pac-10 ?

attachment.php

The reason why the PAC didn't have any more bowl teams is that they are all good - they beat up on each other outside of USC.

There aren't perrenial sub-500 teams like Kentucky, Vandy, Baylor, Kansas, Indiana, Duke, etc in the PAC-10. NO other conference has sent ALL their teams to a bowl game like how the PAC has in the past 5 years.

What part of this do you not understand? You are arguing with yourself here genius! You brought up the last 5 years, not me. I simply stated that the Pac-10 is a weak conference and again, I have proven over the years it is a weak conference.

Your weak arguement about "Pac-10 teams beat each other up thus dont go to more bowl games" is laughable at best. Have you seen your conference records from top-to -bottom?. Stanford 4-7, Arizona 3-8, Washingotn 1-10? These arent patsies?? Hell no other major conference had a team in it that went 1-10 this year except the Pac.

You can touche all you want but I have already proven the history of the Pac10 and its weak schools. I think in the future they will actually be one of the stronger conferences b/c of USC and the benefits their success brings, but up to this point, they would be behind the SEC, ACC, Big Ten, (and up until all the schools left) the Big East.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
Still the question begs to be answered - what conference outside of the PAC 10 has had EVERY team come in at least 2nd place in the past 10 years?

That just demonstrates parity within the conference. Not the strength of the conference vs. other conferences.

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
What part of this do you not understand? You are arguing with yourself here genius! You brought up the last 5 years, not me. I simply stated that the Pac-10 is a weak conference and again, I have proven over the years it is a weak conference.

Your weak arguement about "Pac-10 teams beat each other up thus dont go to more bowl games" is laughable at best. Have you seen your conference records from top-to -bottom?. Stanford 4-7, Arizona 3-8, Washingotn 1-10? These arent patsies?? Hell no other major conference had a team in it that went 1-10 this year except the Pac.

You can touche all you want but I have already proven the history of the Pac10 and its weak schools. I think in the future they will actually be one of the stronger conferences b/c of USC and the benefits their success brings, but up to this point, they would be behind the SEC, ACC, Big Ten, (and up until all the schools left) the Big East.
can't you understand the words that are coming outta my mouth?

have you looked at the OOC records?

Maybe 50 years ago the PAC was a chump conference, but today it is right there with them all.

Again - how many other conferences have had every team come in at least 2nd place the past 10 yrs? There are no perrennial doormats & "given" wins in the PAC. They all beat the hell out of eachother because they are all almost even keel with eachother.

No other conference has that type of competition from top to bottom year in and year out.

Based upon your logic of referencing what happened decades ago, the Cards won 2 championships in their history - so does that mean they are historically a good team :shrug:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guys, play nice or the locks come out

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
you said it yourself here:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=578611&postcount=51

LVCARDFREAK said:
The Pac 10 from top to bottom is weak and overrated. It has been for almost a decade now. ASU beat a struggling Purdue team and that was not a big time upset. The Pac-10 were 2-1 in bowl games b/c they only had 3 teams playing. Look at the ACC or SEC and compare records, strength of schedule, etc.

With or w/o USC the Pac-10 from top-to-bottom is weak!
in the past 10 years the records show that in the past decade, the PAC is not overrated, judging by their h2h records vs the other conferences

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
That just demonstrates parity within the conference. Not the strength of the conference vs. other conferences.

I kow I have tried to explain this to him about 4 million times but he isnt 'grasping' it. I showed you what the Pac 10 does historically against the other conferences and I have nothing else more to add. They beat up on each other b/c outside of USC they are a perrenial average conference who lose when they venture outside to play other opponents.

How much clearer can I be??

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
I kow I have tried to explain this to him about 4 million times but he isnt 'grasping' it. I showed you what the Pac 10 does historically against the other conferences and I have nothing else more to add. They beat up on each other b/c outside of USC they are a perrenial average conference who lose when they venture outside to play other opponents.

How much clearer can I be??
we both are correct - since the beginning of time till now, the PAC 10 has been a weak conf in the compiled records written on papyrus to computer disks...

In the past 10 yrs (your first assessment that I quoted in my last post) the PAC is on par with the rest of the major conferences.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard