Okay. Young will do.

insider

Reaction score
I dont know? Looks like Vick did in college. And Vick is way overated and cant get it done in the pros.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
Well it aint happening. The Cards have too many problem areas to trade up.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nevragn said:
This guy with our two receivers..That would be scary!

i don't think it makes sense to pay 2 Wr's that much money and team them with a running QB. Young is an amazing player but you almost can't run set plays with him because he's much better ad libbing, and I don't think Wr's like that.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
insider said:
I dont know? Looks like Vick did in college. And Vick is way overated and cant get it done in the pros.

Vick sure as heck didn't lead the nation in passing efficency.

Vince Young:

QB Rating: 168.6
Completion: 63.9%
YDS: 2769
YPA: 9.7
TD's: 26
INT: 10

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Keep dreaming folks ... keep dreaming

We aren't taking a QB in the first 2 rounds and if anyone is ballsy enough, I'll put money on it. I'm that sure that a HC fighting for his job and a strong say in the draft will not take a player that can't contribute at all even on special teams

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Wow. He just picked up a huge amount of yds out of nothing. Amazing runner. And a very efficent passer.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I want him, but you have to factor in him breaking some bones every year (i.e. Michael Vick) so you would still need a decent backup QB.

NFL guys will hit him a lot harder than his college competition.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Holy crap!!!!

There's alot of talent on that field tonight. I thought there was alot in the OSU/Miami game a couple years ago,and there was, but i think there is more out there tonight. This is almost like 2 rookie NFL teams going against each other. I think i saw a stat somewhere that there was over 30 players drafted from that OSU/Miami game. I bet there are more from this game.

OP
OP
N

nevragn

Reaction score
Take the chance make a play for Young

The cards need to bring the fans back, after years of failure.. He has passed and run when needed. Yes he may sit a year behind Warner but he could save Denny's ass the following year. Fill the holes with some quality FA'S.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Probably every player but the field goal kickers!! They should take some lessons from Rackers!!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
nevragn said:
The cards need to bring the fans back, after years of failure.. He has passed and run when needed. Yes he may sit a year behind Warner but he could save Denny's ass the following year. Fill the holes with some quality FA'S.

If Green doesn't win next year, he's gone.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Redsz said:
Vick sure as heck didn't lead the nation in passing efficency.

Vince Young:

QB Rating: 168.6
Completion: 63.9%
YDS: 2769
YPA: 9.7
TD's: 26
INT: 10

I thought ASUs Rudy Carpenter lead the nation in pass efficiency? Or was it QB rating?

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
I thought ASUs Rudy Carpenter lead the nation in pass efficiency? Or was it QB rating?

Carpenter did. With his attempts in the Insight Bowl, he qualified, and is the nation leader.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
i don't think it makes sense to pay 2 Wr's that much money and team them with a running QB. Young is an amazing player but you almost can't run set plays with him because he's much better ad libbing, and I don't think Wr's like that.

Young could win games all by himself, and when the NFL LB's and Saftey's get a full speed hit on him, he'll look cool standing on the sideline for half the year.

Just say no!

He's amazingly talented, but we need someone amazingly accurate we have plenty of playmakers once they get the ball.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Young could win games all by himself, and when the NFL LB's and Saftey's get a full speed hit on him, he'll look cool standing on the sideline for half the year.

Just say no!

He's amazingly talented, but we need someone amazingly accurate we have plenty of playmakers once they get the ball.

He's been pretty accurate tonight.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
He's been pretty accurate tonight.

Pretty accurate isn't good enough in the NFL.

Josh is pretty accurate. Warner is extremely accurate when he's on.

He's a wonderful talent but I just dont' think he would fit this team well, there are too many playmakers that need to get the ball, he's also going to get hurt running in the NFL.

Guys like him take a couple of years to figure out why you stay in the pocket then slide when you have a chance unless it's desperate. They will lay him out.

He might get away with it for games and then out of the blue he's going to get lit up.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
I want him, but you have to factor in him breaking some bones every year (i.e. Michael Vick) so you would still need a decent backup QB.

NFL guys will hit him a lot harder than his college competition.

He's a different style of runner than Vick but he's just as good both arm strength and in running ability but it's the same result.

Just about the time he wills you to the playoffs he's going to be in a body cast.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
The difference between Young and Vick is I think Young will actually progress to be a fine passer. Vick I feel will not. Vick's only real strength is to run.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Young reminds me of Donavan McNabb alot more than Vick.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Young reminds me of Donavan McNabb alot more than Vick.

If we draft him, I'd be excited but I'd be scared he'd go down, now maybe that's stupid because Warner gets hurt in the pocket already.

He'd win games for us no question, if he can run an NFL offense from the pocket he'd end up in the Hall of Fame.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard