OH, NO! WE SUCK AGAIN?? ...NOT SO FAST!

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want to start with this O/T observation, if I may. I have been a St. Louis Cardinals baseball fan for the past 50 years. Over that time I have been treated to many incredibly satisfying moments. To be frank, much more than I've deserved. when compared to the success of other teams. Well, for most of this year the Cards have flat-out ...SUCKED! Ridiculous errors being committed on a routine basis. It's been maddening. BUT, here it is the stretch run and all of a sudden the Cardinals are winning. The team that I said was done several times this year is now only 2 games behind the Cubs. ...And those Cubbies are hearing footsteps, er, wing-flaps.

My point is simply this. YES! Losing D.J. is a 15 on the scale of "suckiness" BUT, guys...We wait all year for Cardinal football. Are we going to give up our hopes and dreams so easily? I say...NO! Any sports fan of any length of time can point to the "unexpected" happening. A team that lost ( fill-in-the-blank) suddenly found other ways to win...other plays that surprised the experts.

I, for one, WILL NOT go quietly into the night. We SHOULD beat the Colts this Sunday. If, however, we don't, well, then you can save me a seat on the suckiness-train. LOL

In the face of harsh reality flies the strong belief in HOPE...and sometimes that's enough.

Have a GREAT night, my friends. :)

Mark in S.C.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
“Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. “Mankind.” That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it’s fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom… Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution… but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!”
President Thomas Whitmore ID4

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am too a huge st louis baseball fan but they are a franchise that is beyond 97% of every other franchise. They refuse to Lose. I too have yelled to fire Matheny because he can't handle a pitching staff...and yet. You are right. They are right there.....the year they win the world series 5 or so years ago...they were dead and snuck in the playoffs....but our Arizona cards are not the St Louis cards....but we will see how it pays out

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The comparison is horrible . The baseball team has won multiple in a row and loss multiple in a row. To bring in the football team to give you a reason to hope in your baseball dreams is weak. Esp when the majority of this board can't stand the cardinals baseball team. Imo

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am too a huge st louis baseball fan but they are a franchise that is beyond 97% of every other franchise. They refuse to Lose. I too have yelled to fire Matheny because he can't handle a pitching staff...and yet. You are right. They are right there.....the year they win the world series 5 or so years ago...they were dead and snuck in the playoffs....but our Arizona cards are not the St Louis cards....but we will see how it pays out
My point exactly. Enjoy your baseball team while you sink our football team.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I hope you're right, but no wr's + no o-line + no rb = skittish Carson Palmer which = interceptions, fumbles, and a looooooong season.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
There is no doubt that if you look at a calendar there are 15 Arizona Cardinal football games left this season.

To be fair, the reaction to this opening game of this season I feel is lees about 1 game, and more about seeing a team that is done. The core is full of players either getting too old to play, or players that have had injuries that are threatening their career, and/or talent level.

As fan, you are able to go watch the game and root for your team, no doubt. And Cardinals fans will continue to do so, but expectation are going to be low.

This is a 7-8-1 team with David Johnson, who won more than a couple games for this team all by himself last year. The hope was last year was an outlier to the current core of the team. It looks to not be the case.

This team will be "successful" if he avoids losing 10 or more games, IMHO. And that is it. What else is there to look forward to ? There is nothing to look at, outside maybe Reddick, in regards to development or improvement.

Our QB will get worse before it gets better, same for wide receiver, and the offensive line. The defense is in a little better shape, but last game ? Ugh. You have A LOT of money not producing.

I am a Penguins fan when it comes to hockey. So, while well written I do not agree. There is a HUGE difference between watching the Cardinals, and watching the Penguins.

I will say this, I refuse to become "spoiled" by the Penguins, I appreciate the ride and the success that team has. If there is one difference I have seen between the two, while the Penguins usually have a big name or two get hurt here and there, those players come back and are still productive.

The Cardinals, call it luck, call it what you will, are getting some of the most horrific luck injury wise I have ever seen. Key players going down at the worst possible moments, and in some cases, Mathieu, and John Brown, they NEVER recover.

The only thing savage about the Cardinals right now, is watching the team dissolve via age, and injury. The risked the future a little bit last offseason to take another shot at success. It looks to be blowing up in their face.

Again, it is PURE MADNESS to type, but I feel it is at least arguable.

Trade Block players:

1. Carson Palmer
2. Mike Iupati
3. Jared Veldheer
4. A.Q. Shipley
5. John Brown

Why not ? Those are all positions a contender may be looking for once we get closer to the trade deadline. The Cardinals are not going to get any players back, but draft picks are going to be needed for the next 2 to 3 years.

It is NOT end of days, just sucks to see that the team is no where close to where it would need to be to be a contender, and that is a disappointing situation after having a little bit of hope, and the hype machine that is the Cardinals PR department was sold in the offseason. I guess, all that talk about John Brown and Tyrann Mathieu being back to normal was to sell tickets.

Meh, give it a few weeks and see what the team does once the playoffs are out of the question, and they have NO CHOICE but to start the rebuild. A rebuild that many thought should have started this offseason.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
There is no doubt that if you look at a calendar there are 15 Arizona Cardinal football games left this season.

To be fair, the reaction to this opening game of this season I feel is lees about 1 game, and more about seeing a team that is done. The core is full of players either getting too old to play, or players that have had injuries that are threatening their career, and/or talent level.

As fan, you are able to go watch the game and root for your team, no doubt. And Cardinals fans will continue to do so, but expectation are going to be low.

This is a 7-8-1 team with David Johnson, who won more than a couple games for this team all by himself last year. The hope was last year was an outlier to the current core of the team. It looks to not be the case.

This team will be "successful" if he avoids losing 10 or more games, IMHO. And that is it. What else is there to look forward to ? There is nothing to look at, outside maybe Reddick, in regards to development or improvement.

Our QB will get worse before it gets better, same for wide receiver, and the offensive line. The defense is in a little better shape, but last game ? Ugh. You have A LOT of money not producing.

I am a Penguins fan when it comes to hockey. So, while well written I do not agree. There is a HUGE difference between watching the Cardinals, and watching the Penguins.

I will say this, I refuse to become "spoiled" by the Penguins, I appreciate the ride and the success that team has. If there is one difference I have seen between the two, while the Penguins usually have a big name or two get hurt here and there, those players come back and are still productive.

The Cardinals, call it luck, call it what you will, are getting some of the most horrific luck injury wise I have ever seen. Key players going down at the worst possible moments, and in some cases, Mathieu, and John Brown, they NEVER recover.

The only thing savage about the Cardinals right now, is watching the team dissolve via age, and injury. The risked the future a little bit last offseason to take another shot at success. It looks to be blowing up in their face.

Again, it is PURE MADNESS to type, but I feel it is at least arguable.

Trade Block players:

1. Carson Palmer
2. Mike Iupati
3. Jared Veldheer
4. A.Q. Shipley
5. John Brown

Why not ? Those are all positions a contender may be looking for once we get closer to the trade deadline. The Cardinals are not going to get any players back, but draft picks are going to be needed for the next 2 to 3 years.

It is NOT end of days, just sucks to see that the team is no where close to where it would need to be to be a contender, and that is a disappointing situation after having a little bit of hope, and the hype machine that is the Cardinals PR department was sold in the offseason. I guess, all that talk about John Brown and Tyrann Mathieu being back to normal was to sell tickets.

Meh, give it a few weeks and see what the team does once the playoffs are out of the question, and they have NO CHOICE but to start the rebuild. A rebuild that many thought should have started this offseason.

Great post Rugby. You stated my concerns so well. You look at the younger players on this team and you say to yourself, what the hell were they thinking when they picked these guys in the draft? Cooper, Bucannon, Humphries, Nkemdiche, Reddick. If you go back one more year it's Floyd. Two are out of football (Cooper & Floyd), One (Bucannon) is playing a position he shouldn't be playing and was an over reach, another (Nkemdiche) hasn't been able to give the team even one half of play on the field so far, and one (Reddick) is being asked to play a position he needs to learn because they don't have anyone else who can play it. So far the last 5 picks from 2012-2016 have underwhelmed so far.

Reaction score
I just thought it was neat that you used the line fro ID4. It was a good choice.
Actually taken, albeit with variation, by ID4 script writers from the Dylan Thomas poem, Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night.

OP
OP
N

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
...And somewhere Rodney Dangerfield in "Back To School" is reciting it with great passion! LOL

Mark :)

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
...And somewhere Rodney Dangerfield in "Back To School" is reciting it with great passion! LOL

Mark :)

Awesome, Mark! WE WILL NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard