Official Game 1 Prediction Thread!

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Cards 24, Rams 20

But I think we get beaten big at home the following week against New England.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
And Madden 2005 predicts...

Cardinals: 27

Rams: 16

I believe in the wisdom of Madden.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Cards defense knocks an imprtant piece of the Rams offense out for the season which begins the start of a downward spiral and prompts Martz to update his resume by mid season.

Cards 13 Rams 7

A guy can dream, can't he? :D

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
You can put me down for Cards 24 & Rams 13 on Sunday. A Cardinals victory on the road (in the opener) would be a major coup. Denny's first win as Cards coach, and on the road no less... With a victory against the Rams, we'd definitely serve notice to the rest of the league. After an 0 - 8 road record last year, this is just what the doctor ordered to start off a nice 04' campaign. Here's why... Denny's had plenty of time to game plan for this one. He has a proven offensive scheme, players that will successfully execute it, and some previously unidentified wrinkles for the Rams. Denny is also the master of game-time adjustments, and has given this team a "punch em' in the mouth" identity. In addition, our defense is much improved and will be flying around on the EJD turf. We're no longer soft "in the belly" of our football team.

With all of that said, we should also see some good improvement from week-to-week as well. Keep in mind that Week 2 will see the Pats come to town in the Pat Tillman tribute game. I think this is some added motivation for our boys, as well as a great opportunity to catch the Patriots sleeping. They (the Pats) started slow last year, and for the first time in ?? years, the Cards will start 2 - 0 with a 21 - 16 win in the home opener. Shockin' the world baby, one game at a time!!!

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
clif said:
I get tired of hearing that. I get tired of reading that. I came to this board looking for some positivity. If I wanted to read a million posts on how the cards suck, I can go read the Republic.

Well hell man dont look at the point spread for this game. Which BTW are made by sheer geniuses that are rarely very wrong. Point spread was 12.5 last night for a brief period.

pete

All Star
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to predict a victory this week, there are three things in life that are a certainty.

Death, taxes, and the Cards losing the season opener ON THE ROAD.

Lambs 31

Cards 21

Prove me wrong redbirds!!!! :thumbup:

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Surprise

Taken Lightly by Martz and the Rams fans... A shocker, some picks and some heads up ST play... Cards 23 Rams 14 :thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Now that we dont have Ross or Freeman:

Rams 54
Cards 2

But since we now have Nix

Rams 3
Cards 34

But really, the Rams are money on their home turf simple as that. We will be able to score on them but they still can score more, it will be a different story when they come here.

Rams 31
Cards 24

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cards 17
Rams 10

This is my off the wall guess, everything tells me 35-10 Rams, but since Cards are so unpredictable, I say they pull this off Bulger, goes out for the game and a few Cards we don't hear alot about make some plays :thumbup:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rams 31
Cards 10

Its going to take some time for the Cards to jell under Denny. They will but not this Sunday.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Home field advantage for the Rams is definitely worth something.

Also, Faulk might see the opportunity to revive his legend against a suspect Cardinal defense. If a healthy Faulk goes 110%, we might have a problem.

Finally, Holt and Bruce are both elite receivers. If Bulger is "on", and has time to throw, we might have a serious problem.

But suffice to say that the Rams oline isn't what it used to be.

And the rams defense? A little shaky now that Winstrom and Young have left.

This is a game that would require a stellar effort, not a miracle, to win.

I'll say we get some big plays on special teams and pull out the upset on the road.

Cards 19

Rams 14

ramfanjoe

Reaction score
Cardinals 27
Rams 17

Even a "rusty" fitzgerald will cause match up problems for the rams small and/or inexperienced cb's. Furthermore, you will be mislead into thinking that Smith and/or Scobey are in for big years. The rams can't stop the run to save their lives.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I agree with everyone who puts the cards point total @ 16. Thats exactly what I think they'll score. The defense will play good, sometimes well, but will succomb to too much time on the field due to our sputtering offense, and a still capable high power offense will revive itself with the "cupcake" opportunity of an opening day cardinal opponet. Rams go for 27-31 points.

I'll err on the side of my cards Rams 27 Cards 16

Reaction score
Cardinals 34
Rams 31

Not much defence in this one guys.... RB's get a TD. McCown runs one in and shows signs of 'Vick-like' running skills against the porous Rams D-Line. Scobey gets another ST TD, and the other TD is Fitzgeralds. Lindell has a good game. cardinals play with high motivation in coach Green's debut. Fitzgerald shows why coach Green picked him 3rd overall.

Rams use Faulk and Holt, but Bruce shines with 2 scores. Bulger has a nice game. Rams lose this one with poor defensive play especially on ST, and offensive line penalties.

*You never know.

Sam Wise

Big, Dumb, Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Canuck Cardinal said:
Cardinals 34
Rams 31

Not much defence in this one guys.... RB's get a TD. McCown runs one in and shows signs of 'Vick-like' running skills against the porous Rams D-Line. Scobey gets another ST TD, and the other TD is Fitzgeralds. Lindell has a good game. cardinals play with high motivation in coach Green's debut. Fitzgerald shows why coach Green picked him 3rd overall.

Rams use Faulk and Holt, but Bruce shines with 2 scores. Bulger has a nice game. Rams lose this one with poor defensive play especially on ST, and offensive line penalties.

*You never know.

Who is LINDELL, isn't he the kicker for Buffalo?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
Cards 17
Rams 10

This is my off the wall guess, everything tells me 35-10 Rams, but since Cards are so unpredictable, I say they pull this off Bulger, goes out for the game and a few Cards we don't hear alot about make some plays :thumbup:

Wow I should play the Lotto next :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen