Official Game 1 Prediction Thread!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
clif said:
did I call you out? Did I call anyone out? Did I call you an idiot? Did I say you or anyone else weren't fans?

If you can answer yes to any of those questions then I will apologize.....otherwise spew your scorn somewhere else...
You called people's predictions a joke because they weren't all wins (which was stupid, IMO).

You should move on. Really. You've already given your prediction and this argument (that you started) is a steaming pile of bandwidth.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
clif said:
did I call you out? Did I call anyone out? Did I call you an idiot? Did I say you or anyone else weren't fans?

If you can answer yes to any of those questions then I will apologize.....otherwise spew your scorn somewhere else... :violin:

Thank You?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:

If you can answer yes to any of those questions then I will apologize.....otherwise spew your scorn somewhere else... :violin:

Did you call all of us making predictions that we would get killed a joke? Um, I'm pretty sure you did so I, and I think the rest of the world, would call that "calling me out" since I was one of those people. There's a Yes to your first question.

I don't expect an apology out of you though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for you to answer me this simple question: How were you "respecting" our opinions by calling them a joke? You did say that you expect people to repsect your opinions, just as you do theirs and considering it was you who initially called those opinions a joke, I'm curious how this can be.

I have no qualms about saying you're post was idiotic - and if I called you an outright idiot - than I apologize - it's not because I think you are stupid - it's because you're post is flawed logically speaking.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Cards- 52
lambs- 10

The comparisons to the Montana 9ers run rampant!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

OK seriously,

Cards- 16
lambs- 10

Reason:
Time of possesion eats the lambs alive and bulger still can't get through a game without a pick.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
26-24 Lambs.

also I hereby nominate Clif for the Leader of the Koolaid Brigade.

...and I don't think the "f" off the end of his name is the only thing he's lost.

:doi:

AzWins23

Reaction score
Cards 27
Rams 16

2 big Bulger Int's For TD Plus a McCown to Williams 5 yard pass
Neil Rackers kicks from 45 and 38 yards

Green Bring out Explosive Offensive Playbook and catches the Rams off gaurd!!

GO CARDINALS!! :D :cool: :thumbup:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
by the way - whether we get killed or not - let me just say this . . . . .

I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
34-14 - bet the houser against us this week cause I have a suspicion we ain't gonna see another game as this much of a gimme all season - but you can bank on this one - too many injuries - on turf - Rams totally healthy on O - and our offense hasn't even had ONE SNAP TOGETHER - recipe for disaster.

More competitve against NE the next week though and hopefully for the rest of the season.

Clif - when you decide you want to talk football and not fantasy, let us know.

Cheese, Cheese, Cheese.

It is really hard to get behind this post man.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, lots of optimism. Preseason has show me nothing that would lead me to believe this will not be a Ram blowout.

Rams 34
Cards 17

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Cheese, Cheese, Cheese.

It is really hard to get behind this post man.

believe me - I ain't happy about those conclusions either Crimson . . . but you're missing the main point of the post I think - I'm saying this is only guaranteed blow out of the year IMO - isn't that a hell of a lot better than last year at this time, when I was predicting that EVERY GAME WOULD BE?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I'm still waiting for you to answer me this simple question: How were you "respecting" our opinions by calling them a joke? You did say that you expect people to repsect your opinions, just as you do theirs and considering it was you who initially called those opinions a joke, I'm curious how this can be.

I have no qualms about saying you're post was idiotic - and if I called you an outright idiot - than I apologize - it's not because I think you are stupid - it's because you're post is flawed logically speaking.
You've taken a simple observation by me and complete ran with it. I was simply pointing out what was in my opinion dissappointing to hear from cards fans.

Do what you will. Predict them to lose. If you feel the word joke is what really struck a cord with you then I will retract that word. Otherwise give it a rest. You can read my post anyway you like.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
You've taken a simple observation by me and complete ran with it. I was simply pointing out what was in my opinion dissappointing to hear from cards fans.

Do what you will. Predict them to lose. If you feel the word joke is what really struck a cord with you then I will retract that word. Otherwise give it a rest. You can read my post anyway you like.

You haven't come to the conclusion that almost everyone thought you calling our opinions a joke was what struck the chord by now? I think you're follow up post that we should all just predict the season to be 0-16 and get it over with didn't win you any popularity contests.

Personally - I don't care if you retract the word or not - I just think it's admirable when people admit they were wrong (in re: respecting others opinions) - but I'll let it go because this is now boring me and I really should get back to studying.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, I didn't think Clif called anyone's specific predictions a joke, but rather, the board as a whole (which i think is worse, but what do I know?)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
To be fair, I didn't think Clif called anyone's specific predictions a joke, but rather, the board as a whole (which i think is worse, but what do I know?)

good point . . I HATE HOW ADDICTIVE THIS BOARD IS!!!!!!

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
In all seriousness the Rams may have a lot more trouble going from Lovie Smith's defense to Marmie's than people expect. That's a big transition, you may seem some completely blown coverages and assignments.

It's hard to get 11 people to understand that instead of swarming to the ball and penetrating into the backfield, you're supposed to grab the offensive lineman in front of you and dance with him while the ball carrier rips off big gains. It's just counter intuitive to most NFL players.

Thats simply hilarious!

CardsRep03

Registered
Reaction score
Cards 24 Rams 20 ....just...don't....beat me....boss clif....

How long has it been since the "f" fell off the clif?

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams 24
Cards 17

Our defense is Much more improved than our offense.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pariah said:
keep em coming big guy! :thumbup: .... :rolleyes:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cards knock 90% of all players out of every survivor league in the country with a 23-21 win.

Just like last year's Miami - Houston opener.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too many factors against the Cardinals.

Rams play well at home on their turf.

Cardinals suck on the road.

Cardinals Starting Wideouts missed pretty much all of the preseason. Offense hasn't had enough time to gel.

Rams 28

Cards 12 (Rackers kicks 4 FGs)

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I think the Cards will lose for a few reasons...

Faulk is healthy right now, probably the healthiest he will be all season.

Our 2 best active WRs have next to no practice time in the past month.

The Rams have homefield advantage and our record on turf in recent years has to be miserable.

McCown is still young & inexperienced and is bound to make a mistake or 2 which the Rams will capitalize on.

I do believe it will be closer than some think...

21 Rams
13 Cards

But I will go on record with this...next week riding the emotion of the Tillman tribute on top of a solid injury free practice week...we WILL beat the overconfident Patriots by 10 points.