Official Game 1 Prediction Thread!

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
clif said:
please tell me you are joking? If you think that was the point of my post then you did not read it correctly.

It was a joke, I took what you said out of context so you would say what you didn't want to say. :wave: I'm smart like that. :stupid:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Clif - this is what you have to understand - when we predict we'll get blown out - that by no means MEANS we WANT that to happen. I know everyone here will come on here jumping for joy if they win on Sunday, hell - we'll all probably be jumping for joy if they cover the spread on Sunday (and I don't mean by scoring a cheese TD with like 30 seconds left) and show good effort - but it doesn't mean that's what we are going to EXPECT to happen - make sense?

clif said:
you know what doesn't make sense? when you read my posts and somehow come to the conclusion that I at any point said (or implied )that you or anyone else WANTED the cards to lose.

Spin my posts however you like.

You know what doesn't make sense? Nowhere does cheese say that you said he wanted the Cards to lose. Who's spinning? You started this garbage with this post -

clif said:
so far it is:

5 for cards winning
8 for rams winning

so much for a C A R D I N A L S !!! message board.

what a joke !!! :mad:

- don't play the 'poor me everyone is jumping my case' bit. We have been around here supporting the Cardinals without your help on how it should be done for a long time now, and the fans that post here are probably the best Cardinals fans that you will find. Get off of your horse.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, Clif, these are two undoctored quotes (aside from the emphasis in red) from you in the same thread. Which is it, will the Cards ever get blown out, or won't they?

clif said:
you will NEVER read a post from me that says the cards will get blown out.
clif said:
IMO to even think that the cards will get blown out is the farthest thing from my mind. I NEVER predict them to lose... even though it will happen.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Rams 28
Cards 26

I do predict that we will be behind going into halftime and come out and show some adjustments and make it close.

My reasoning is I do believe the Rams have gotten worse and I do believe we have gotten better. And I feel that game planning against us is going to be a bit more difficult early in the season. No one really knows what the Cards play book looks like yet. I think our Defense is going to suprise the Rams and us fans. I think that Fitz will actually have a pretty good game, but wont see the field all that much. My biggest concern is our running game. I am not really excited about anything with this team right now besides our LB corp. However I thing Starks and Macklin will do fine and Wilson has looked much better so far. The D-Line will get in Bulgers face and cause some INT in this game.

I wish I could predict a win but I just dont see it. I wont be really suprised if we pull a win out and I wont be suprised if we get beat up either.

You know what though, I dont care, it is Cardinals football and it is almost here and I am pumped! I cant wait!

Oh yeah........I think we will win the coin flip and mount a good drive down the field topped off with a Rackers FG!

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Okay, Clif, these are two undoctored quotes (aside from the emphasis in red) from you in the same thread. Which is it, will the Cards ever get blown out, or won't they?

you're right... next time i will emphasize the word "PREDICT"

I will NEVER PREDICT the cards will lose...even though it will happen

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
earthsci said:
You know what doesn't make sense? Nowhere does cheese say that you said he wanted the Cards to lose. Who's spinning? You started this garbage with this post -

- don't play the 'poor me everyone is jumping my case' bit. We have been around here supporting the Cardinals without your help on how it should be done for a long time now, and the fans that post here are probably the best Cardinals fans that you will find. Get off of your horse.
Yeah thanks for the spin control. .. You can stop with the history lesson. .. telling me how long you've been posting...blah blah blah. you're right...blah blah...

I made the statement that it was a joke to see so many fans talking about how the team will get blasted..and that I dont predict against the cards.. read it anyway you like. If you think I was directing something at someone . then go ahead. ... Get off your "i been posting here since...blah blah...so I am so much more a cards fan than you..." garbarge.

Please...I dont expect anyone to agree with me on everything. I do expect people to respect my opinion, as I do theirs, since I am entitled to it. It becomes clear to me that people like to insult others to make their point.

examples:

"you are make yourself look like an idiot with a post like that.",
or
"Stop screwing it up noob!",
or
"Thats an Assinine statement!!!!!
or
"Because we dont live in a fantasy land and you obviously do!"
or

"Clif - when you decide you want to talk football and not fantasy, let us know."
or
"you just are to blinded by cardinal kool-aid to see them!"
or
"How about people just predict what they think is going to happen, and you get off their case? "

so.... who is spinning what again??

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams 34
Cards 10

BUT, we're going to SHOCK the world and beat New England. Bank it!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
Get off your "i been posting here since...blah blah...so I am so much more a cards fan than you..." garbarge.

so.... who is spinning what again??
Actually, the above statement sounds like spin to me; so my answer would have to be "you."

No one said they were more of a Cards fan then you, just that it's obvious that everyone here IS a Cards fan. Period. Don't twist a post to make it sound more pointed than it is.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Actually, the above statement sounds like spin to me; so my answer would have to be "you."

No one said they were more of a Cards fan then you, just that it's obvious that everyone here IS a Cards fan. Period. Don't twist a post to make it sound more pointed than it is.

That, and don't tell us how to be fans. Just show up at the half time meet. That is unless you don't have tickets.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pariah said:

exactly! .. you do the same.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
Yeah thanks for the spin control. .. You can stop with the history lesson. .. telling me how long you've been posting...blah blah blah. you're right...blah blah...

I made the statement that it was a joke to see so many fans talking about how the team will get blasted..

I do expect people to respect my opinion, as I do theirs, since I am entitled to it. It becomes clear to me that people like to insult others to make their point.

examples:

"you are make yourself look like an idiot with a post like that.",

That's my quote up there and I'm leaving it because you have once again done so. In your words above you say - "I expect people to respect my opinion - AS I DO THEIRS" - but right before that - you pretty much called all those opinions that we will get blown out A JOKE - So here's the riddle - how is calling our opinions A JOKE respecting those opinions? I certainly don't believe thinking someone's opinion is a joke is any sign of respect - but maybe that's just me - meditate on that for a minute before coming to the realization that all the hostility you've seen was brought upon yourself by your fire red calling out of some of the most die hard fans this team has or will ever have - okay?

You brought a lot of scorn upon yourself - deal with it, say you're sorry and that you didn't mean to offend and all will be good and let's HOPE for a better outcome this weekend than what we are predicting will happen. :thumbup:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
That's my quote up there and I'm leaving it because you have once again done so. In your words above you say - "I expect people to respect my opinion - AS I DO THEIRS" - but right before that - you pretty much called all those opinions that we will get blown out A JOKE - So here's the riddle - how is calling our opinions A JOKE respecting those opinions? I certainly don't believe thinking someone's opinion is a joke is any sign of respect - but maybe that's just me - meditate on that for a minute before coming to the realization that all the hostility you've seen was brought upon yourself by your fire red calling out of some of the most die hard fans this team has or will ever have - okay?

You brought a lot of scorn upon yourself - deal with it, say you're sorry and that you didn't mean to offend and all will be good and let's HOPE for a better outcome this weekend than what we are predicting will happen. :thumbup:

did I call you out? Did I call anyone out? Did I call you an idiot? Did I say you or anyone else weren't fans?

If you can answer yes to any of those questions then I will apologize.....otherwise spew your scorn somewhere else... :violin:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
clif said:
did I call you out? Did I call anyone out? Did I call you an idiot? Did I say you or anyone else weren't fans?

If you can answer yes to any of those questions then I will apologize.....otherwise spew your scorn somewhere else... :violin:

Soooooooo, will you be at the halftime meet?