Oct 1st Suns vs Kings @7pm

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What happened in the last day? It has been widely reported that Anderson will be our starting PF. Agree with that or not, but that doesn't say "deep roster player" to me.
To be fair. That was media speculation. None of it came from the coach or Suns front office. So it means squat.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
BC, as obsessive as you can be at times, you never approached what we are viewing with 1Sun. This is something special. No one should ignore it. Enjoy the spectacle while it lasts. Enjoy it for what it is. It’s artistic really.

1Sun showed me how annoying it is to read the same thing posted over and over by one person.

Even when I justified it by thinking, "As often as they post is as often as I respond. 'Nothing wrong with that."

It's like if someone fouls you, you foul them and you get the whistle. :)

1Sun, I hope you come to realize that, too. Quantity doesn't win over others. Quality might get them to consider your point of view.

What someone thinks may or not be reality. But that it is their perception is a reality. And they are entitled to it. There is no winning or losing.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Honestly Jackson is the best PG on this roster. Night and day watching him get Ayton the ball in comparison to Shaq. Shaq couldn't do it in Summer League and couldn't do it last night. JJ looks so damn smooth when he's playing at a non-frantic pace and is a surprisingly good passer / ball handler. Shot looks a lot better too.

I'm all for a Jackson, Booker, Ariza, Anderson, Ayton lineup.
I like the idea, with our current roster. But this is a question. Are any of that group able to keep up, whenever we face a smaller, quicker Point Guard, on defense without wearing themselves out?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if he doesn't get injured, he's going to be one of the best players in the league within the next 4 years.
Just that little play right there--can you imagine Alex Len making that play? The awareness and dexterity to make that pass is mind boggling.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Just that little play right there--can you imagine Alex Len making that play? The awareness and dexterity to make that pass is mind boggling.
'Good points being made about what Ayton is showing, but comparing him to Len is setting the bar awfully low.

We're hoping, of course, that Ayton works his way to being the best, not just better than the worst.

The best part is that his early awareness and skills on the court are so much more important than his good starting stats.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
JJ at PG would be a huge upgrade. I think he would be PG if the Suns played the 76's or the Rockets anyway. Say's he gained ten pound but if he is 6 foot 9 now it would not show. If Josh is going to play point he needs to stay thin.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened in the last day? It has been widely reported that Anderson will be our starting PF. Agree with that or not, but that doesn't say "deep roster player" to me.

I was talking about if Anderson doesn't have anything left in the tank.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
JJ at PG would be a huge upgrade. I think he would be PG if the Suns played the 76's or the Rockets anyway. Say's he gained ten pound but if he is 6 foot 9 now it would not show. If Josh is going to play point he needs to stay thin.
Agreed.

I was talking today with one of my coaching buddies about JJ. For context purposes, my friend has won ALOT of games during his 40 year run coaching basketball. I trust his opinion over most. He and I both love the idea of using JJ at PG. It doesn't have to be a full time gig. Just akin to how Scottie Pippen was used in Chicago next to Paxson/Kerr and of course Jordan. JJ is an underrated passer and has an underrated basketball IQ. He can lead breaks as his eyes are up and has good anticipation. It would also allow him to attack the rim in open court which he excels at. He and Book could share the duties. And here's the kicker; no one on the current roster has more potential or offers that much better production anyway.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Magic put on some pounds and did just fine! LOL!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
he's so damn smooth. Man, if this kid reaches his potential, he's going to be an all-timer... which means contending for a DECADE.

Can't wait to watch games this season.

He already looks like a 5 year vet. If he can stay healthy he's a walking 20/10.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I like the idea, with our current roster. But this is a question. Are any of that group able to keep up, whenever we face a smaller, quicker Point Guard, on defense without wearing themselves out?

Shaq would still have value as a defensive stopper against small / quick PG's. JJ is just a unique option that I would explore during the preseason. He can already do something that nobody else seems to be able to do, get Ayton the ball.

He's a surprisingly good ball-handler and passer.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He already looks like a 5 year vet. If he can stay healthy he's a walking 20/10.
I kinda like that Ayton is not overly aggressive at the moment. He is concentrating on the game itself first, which is good. JJ showed last year that rookies can go too hard at times, and it can hurt their development.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda like that Ayton is not overly aggressive at the moment. He is concentrating on the game itself first, which is good. JJ showed last year that rookies can go too hard at times, and it can hurt their development.

I'm not sure it didn't show the opposite. Looking at JJ at the start of the season versus the end of the season he looks like a completely different player. Had he entered the league cautiously who knows how his game would have matured. Besides, I'd far rather slow someone down than have to figure out how to speed him up. I don't think it's a problem with Ayton though, either way.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
It's settled then, JJ is our point guard. whew....I was getting worried.....I heard somewhere that our other PG's are no good

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
It's settled then, JJ is our point guard. whew....I was getting worried.....I heard somewhere that our other PG's are no good
I used to hear that. Constantly. And then it suddenly stopped.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I heard they were geographically bad or biologically bad or something like that.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm not sure it didn't show the opposite. Looking at JJ at the start of the season versus the end of the season he looks like a completely different player. Had he entered the league cautiously who knows how his game would have matured. Besides, I'd far rather slow someone down than have to figure out how to speed him up. I don't think it's a problem with Ayton though, either way.
That brings up an interesting point. JJ wasn't playing with an NBA point guard who "spoiled" him when he improved so much last season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard